dayz mission addin (serverside scripts)

Just had a go at installing dogs only but when I boot up the server it sticks on Creating (Wait for host). Anyone know how to solve this? (DayZ.st / Bliss, trying to use own custom mission.sqm)
If you used my file before this post redownload it and try it again. I hadn't changed something in it properly and have updated it and reuploaded it.

If you used my file before this post redownload it and try it again. I hadn't changed something in it properly and have updated it and reuploaded it.

Thanks, I originally didn't try your file but I downloaded it and tried there, same result (never ending wait for host). Mine was set up the same as yours except I'd changed the id's to match their class numbers. Does that mission file work for you? Perhaps I'm messing something up in the description.ext or init.sqf

I haven't tried it yet lol but it works for me with the heli lift scripts added in. Thats the only difference between mine and the one I uploaded.

I have so many other scripts installed at this point that it could be anything unfortunately. I went over the OP provided addin init/description/mission files and my own countless times and couldn't see any difference besides my extra scripts here and there.

I have so many other scripts installed at this point that it could be anything unfortunately. I went over the OP provided addin init/description/mission files and my own countless times and couldn't see any difference besides my extra scripts here and there.
Have you looked at your RPT log to see if it says anything?

Hey Inkko - I was going to try your file, but actually, I wanted the heli left anyway - just not the random teleport things :D - Could I be a pain, and ask if you would be good enough to upload the dogs and heli lift? (I have a refuel one already, using the 'kh_actions.sqf' files, but if the version you upload has an autofuel on too, I don't mind, whatever is easiest for you :D

I would really appreciate it :D

Thanks!

Mike.

Hey Inkko - I was going to try your file, but actually, I wanted the heli left anyway - just not the random teleport things :D - Could I be a pain, and ask if you would be good enough to upload the dogs and heli lift? (I have a refuel one already, using the 'kh_actions.sqf' files, but if the version you upload has an autofuel on too, I don't mind, whatever is easiest for you :D

I would really appreciate it :D

Thanks!

Mike.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/egqapgway9idsen/Dogs_n_lift.rar

Just uploaded the pbo with dogs installed thats getting Wait for host and checked RPT logs.

Most of it is "Updating base class", tons of that. Then at the end (including the last base class):
Code:
Updating base class FakeWeapon->Rifle, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\visual_fixedunittypeiconsbasedonweaponry\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BAF_L86A2_ACOG/
Obsolete class Animations defined in bin\config.bin/RscCompass/
Obsolete class Animations defined in bin\config.bin/RscWatch/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Offroad_SPG9_Gue/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HMMWV_Ambulance/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HMMWV_Avenger/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/USMC_Soldier/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/USMC_Soldier_AT/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Profiteer2/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M119/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/DSHkM_Mini_TriPod/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SearchLight/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Igla_AA_pod_East/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/RU_Soldier/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/2b14_82mm/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M252/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M2HD_mini_TriPod/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/MK19_TriPod/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/C130J/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/T34/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_BaseMediumPale/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_BaseStrongPale/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_EP1/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Cable_EP1/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street1_decor_EP1/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Small_EP1/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street1_EP1/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street2_EP1/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lampa_Ind_EP1/
ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\description.ext, line 161: .CfgSounds: Member already defined.

The only other things in here besides base class updates are up near the start:
Code:
Exe timestamp: 2013/04/03 17:53:04
Current time:  2013/04/30 07:21:19

Version 1.62.103419
Item STR_ACTIONS_BUILD listed twice
Item STR_EQUIP_NAME_41 listed twice
Item STR_EQUIP_DESC_41 listed twice
Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/CA_Magazine/
Updating base class ->PistolCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/Pistol/
Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/ItemCore/
Updating base class ->Citizen, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1/
Updating base class ->SkodaBase, by ca\wheeled\config.bin/CfgVehicles/car_sedan/
Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Fire/
Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_A_tent/
Updating base class ->Camp_base, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ACamp/
Updating base class RscStandardDisplay->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.cpp/RscDisplayStart/
Cannot delete class CA_DebriefingInfo, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Cannot delete class CA_DebriefingInfo, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscShortcutButtonMain, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.cpp/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_Exit/

Does anyone have any idea whats going wrong?

Just uploaded the pbo with dogs installed thats getting Wait for host and checked RPT logs.

Most of it is "Updating base class", tons of that. Then at the end (including the last base class):
Code:
Updating base class FakeWeapon->Rifle, by ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\visual_fixedunittypeiconsbasedonweaponry\config.bin/CfgWeapons/BAF_L86A2_ACOG/
Obsolete class Animations defined in bin\config.bin/RscCompass/
Obsolete class Animations defined in bin\config.bin/RscWatch/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Offroad_SPG9_Gue/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HMMWV_Ambulance/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HMMWV_Avenger/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/USMC_Soldier/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/USMC_Soldier_AT/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Profiteer2/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M119/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/DSHkM_Mini_TriPod/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SearchLight/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Igla_AA_pod_East/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/RU_Soldier/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/2b14_82mm/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M252/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M2HD_mini_TriPod/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/MK19_TriPod/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/C130J/
Unrecognized CfgVehicles simulation  in bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/T34/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_BaseMediumPale/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_BaseStrongPale/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_EP1/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Cable_EP1/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street1_decor_EP1/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Small_EP1/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street1_EP1/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street2_EP1/
Unrecognized CfgNonAIVehicles simulation thing in bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lampa_Ind_EP1/
ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\description.ext, line 161: .CfgSounds: Member already defined.

The only other things in here besides base class updates are up near the start:
Code:
Exe timestamp: 2013/04/03 17:53:04
Current time:  2013/04/30 07:21:19

Version 1.62.103419
Item STR_ACTIONS_BUILD listed twice
Item STR_EQUIP_NAME_41 listed twice
Item STR_EQUIP_DESC_41 listed twice
Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/CA_Magazine/
Updating base class ->PistolCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/Pistol/
Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/ItemCore/
Updating base class ->Citizen, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1/
Updating base class ->SkodaBase, by ca\wheeled\config.bin/CfgVehicles/car_sedan/
Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Fire/
Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_A_tent/
Updating base class ->Camp_base, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ACamp/
Updating base class RscStandardDisplay->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.cpp/RscDisplayStart/
Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscShortcutButtonMain, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.cpp/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_Exit/

Does anyone have any idea whats going wrong?
:O I know whats wrong! I'm guessing you defined a CfgSounds in description.ext and then it is defined again in the /addin/fx/whatiscalled.hpp. So you would need to combine the CfgSounds definition into one place.

:O I know whats wrong! I'm guessing you defined a CfgSounds in description.ext and then it is defined again in the /addin/fx/whatiscalled.hpp. So you would need to combine the CfgSounds definition into one place.

Thank you! Finally a possible solution :D I have got some sounds set up for a tent sleeping/healing script and air raids, it looks like this at the bottom of my description.ext:

Code:
//sounds
class CfgSounds
{
  sounds[]={nam,eve,puk};
class nam
  {
    name = "Siren1";
    sound[] = {\sound\SirenLoopMono.ogg, db-6, 1.0};
    titles[] = {""};
  };
class eve
  {
    name = "Siren2";
    sound[] = {\sound\Sirens.ogg, db-6, 1.0};
    titles[] = {""};
  };
class puk
  {
    name = "Siren3";
    sound[] = {\sound\Sirens2.ogg, db-6, 1.0};
    titles[] = {""};
  };
    class playerSnoring
    {
    name="playerSnoring";
    sound[]={\custom\sfx\snoring.ogg,0.9,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
};

Then I've added this in description.ext as well from one of Pixels posts on installing dogs only:

Code:
class RscPicture
{
    access=0;
    type=0;
    idc=-1;
    style=48;
    colorBackground[]={0,0,0,0};
    colorText[]={1,1,1,1};
    font="TahomaB";
    sizeEx=0;
    lineSpacing=0;
    text="";
};
#include "addin\fx\descrExt.h"
class RscLoadingText : RscText
{

Do you know how I might go about combining? At this point I'm so scared to touch anything

Thank you! Finally a possible solution :D I have got some sounds set up for a tent sleeping/healing script and air raids, it looks like this at the bottom of my description.ext:

Code:
//sounds
class CfgSounds
{
  sounds[]={nam,eve,puk};
class nam
  {
    name = "Siren1";
    sound[] = {\sound\SirenLoopMono.ogg, db-6, 1.0};
    titles[] = {""};
  };
class eve
  {
    name = "Siren2";
    sound[] = {\sound\Sirens.ogg, db-6, 1.0};
    titles[] = {""};
  };
class puk
  {
    name = "Siren3";
    sound[] = {\sound\Sirens2.ogg, db-6, 1.0};
    titles[] = {""};
  };
    class playerSnoring
    {
    name="playerSnoring";
    sound[]={\custom\sfx\snoring.ogg,0.9,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
};

Then I've added this in description.ext as well from one of Pixels posts on installing dogs only:

Code:
class RscPicture
{
    access=0;
    type=0;
    idc=-1;
    style=48;
    colorBackground[]={0,0,0,0};
    colorText[]={1,1,1,1};
    font="TahomaB";
    sizeEx=0;
    lineSpacing=0;
    text="";
};
#include "addin\fx\descrExt.h"
class RscLoadingText : RscText
{

Do you know how I might go about combining? At this point I'm so scared to touch anything
I placed all my sounds into addin\fx\descrExt.h
Then merged the CfgSounds together. I believe that is all I did can't remember if i had to change anything in the scripts to point to the location of the sound files.

This is what my descrExt.h looks like and I have that snoring sound added to it for the sleeping at tents script.

Code:
class RscTitles
{
    class logo
    {
        idd=-1;
        movingEnable = 0;
        duration=12;
        name = "logo";
        controls[]=
        {
            Picture
        };
        class Picture : RscPicture
        {
            x = -0.5;
            y = -0.5;
            w = 0.15;
            h = 0.2;
            text = "addin\fx\logo.paa";
            sizeEx = 1;
            style=48;
        };
    };
};
class CfgSounds
{
    sounds[] =
    {
    bark,growl,whistleFollow,whistleStay,whistleFind,whistleNon
    };
    class bark
    {
    name="bark";
    sound[]={\addin\fx\bark.ogg,0.4,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
    class growl
    {
    name="growl";
    sound[]={\addin\fx\growl.ogg,0.5,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
    class whistleFollow
    {
    name="whistleFollow";
    sound[]={\addin\fx\whistleFollow.ogg,0.8,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
    class whistleStay
    {
    name="whistleStay";
    sound[]={\addin\fx\whistleStay.ogg,0.8,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
    class playerSnoring
    {
    name="playerSnoring";
    sound[]={\addin\fx\snoring.ogg,0.9,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
    class WhistleFind
    {
    name="WhistleFind";
    sound[]={\addin\fx\whistleFind.ogg,0.8,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
    class whistleNon
    {
    name="whistleNon";
    sound[]={\addin\fx\whistleNon.ogg,0.9,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
};

Cool :) I notice there is no description/init files, is that okay? Are they not needed?

Mike.
That is because you just wanted the files for dogs and lift :p
You still need to follow the original instructions and add the needed lines to description.ext and init.sqf

That is because you just wanted the files for dogs and lift :p
You still need to follow the original instructions and add the needed lines to description.ext and init.sqf
I placed all my sounds into addin\fx\descrExt.h
Then merged the CfgSounds together. I believe that is all I did can't remember if i had to change anything in the scripts to point to the location of the sound files.

This is what my descrExt.h looks like and I have that snoring sound added to it for the sleeping at tents script.
Code:
class RscTitles
{
    class logo
    {
        idd=-1;
        movingEnable = 0;
        duration=12;
        name = "logo";
        controls[]=
        {
            Picture
        };
        class Picture : RscPicture
        {
            x = -0.5;
            y = -0.5;
            w = 0.15;
            h = 0.2;
            text = "addin\fx\logo.paa";
            sizeEx = 1;
            style=48;
        };
    };
};
class CfgSounds
{
    sounds[] =
    {
    bark,growl,whistleFollow,whistleStay,whistleFind,whistleNon
    };
    class bark
    {
    name="bark";
    sound[]={\addin\fx\bark.ogg,0.4,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
    class growl
    {
    name="growl";
    sound[]={\addin\fx\growl.ogg,0.5,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
    class whistleFollow
    {
    name="whistleFollow";
    sound[]={\addin\fx\whistleFollow.ogg,0.8,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
    class whistleStay
    {
    name="whistleStay";
    sound[]={\addin\fx\whistleStay.ogg,0.8,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
    class playerSnoring
    {
    name="playerSnoring";
    sound[]={\addin\fx\snoring.ogg,0.9,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
    class WhistleFind
    {
    name="WhistleFind";
    sound[]={\addin\fx\whistleFind.ogg,0.8,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
    class whistleNon
    {
    name="whistleNon";
    sound[]={\addin\fx\whistleNon.ogg,0.9,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };
};

Thank you so much <3 I'll try this out tonight.

Inkko, I freaking love you. They're working now!

I have a new problem now though of course, I think it might be quite simple for someone that knows what they're doing (eg. not me).

The problem is, I have admintools installed, by BluePhoenix. For that to work theres a code in the init.sqf in the same place I have to paste this:
Code:
    //Run the player monitor
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death; _nul = [] execVM "addin\plrInit.sqf";}];
    //dayZ original _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
    _nul = [] execVM "addin\plrInit.sqf";

So before pasting mine looks like this:
Code:
    //Run the player monitor
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor = [] execFSM "admintools\player_monitor.fsm";

I had a bit of a nooby attempt myself and made it
_playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf"; [] execFSM "admintools\player_monitor.fsm";

But of course it caused the admin tools to stop functioning properly.

Inkko, I freaking love you. They're working now!

I have a new problem now though of course, I think it might be quite simple for someone that knows what they're doing (eg. not me).

The problem is, I have admintools installed, by BluePhoenix. For that to work theres a code in the init.sqf in the same place I have to paste this:
Code:
    //Run the player monitor
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death; _nul = [] execVM "addin\plrInit.sqf";}];
    //dayZ original _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";

So before pasting mine looks like this:
Code:
    //Run the player monitor
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];

I had a bit of a nooby attempt myself and made it
_playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf"; [] execFSM "admintools\player_monitor.fsm";

But of course it caused the admin tools to stop functioning properly.
This is what I use.
Code:

This is what I use.
Code:

Words cannot express how grateful I am. Thank you so much!

Alright, I have everything added in, but for some reason the climb on back script doesn't function correctly..you can do the anim but when you press backspace it teleports you to the position that you climbed on the vehicle. (The vehicle stays, but the character that climbed on the back is teleported.)

This is awesome! I tried adding this in and I get the dog houses. There also appears a dog when you go closer to the dog house and I can hear the barking. But I don't get any menu from the dog, like stay, follow and stuff. It does start following me when it appears and kills zombies when they come close. But I have no control over it. And the lift scripts does not seem to work either. I have this anti hack script on the server and tried to add these lines to the ah.sqf script.

s_player_tamedog, s_player_feeddog, s_player_waterdog, s_player_staydog, s_player_trackdog,
s_player_barkdog, s_player_warndog, s_player_followdog, s_player_movedog, s_player_speeddog,
s_player_calldog

This changed the skin of the dog but no menu this time neither and no lifting. This is how I got the self bloodbag script to work by adding s_player_selfBloodbag. I'm a bit lost now what to try next. If anyone would try giving me a hand it would be much appreciated! :D

Back