dayz mission addin (serverside scripts)

I added 8 dog houses into taviana and finally got those working properly. Not the best locations imo but they're in scattered across the map.

===========Updated 17-02-2013==========

This is version 2 of my addin for DayZ. serverside scripted, so clients don't need an extra mod.

The added storyline is a laboratory where things went wrong and the zombies entered the world through anomalies. As a helping hand in this harsh environment you can find companion dogs that you can command. See movieclip for details.

The dogshouses with dogs are located (with a random radius of 70 meters) in: Bor, Msta, Polana, Vyshnoye, Grishino, Dubrovka.

Install notes in .zip file

what is updated?
this
Only want the dog and know what .sqf is.
here

As a BE side note: I noticed the latest battleeye for servers has a new text file "attachto.txt" This document needs to be empty. I did not have problems with script.txt. If you do, please tell me.

Hello Pixel

Great work on these dogs, I installed your dogs on my server however when I leave the server and re-join the dogs are not saving to my ID. When I re-join at the opening screen I see the dog laying on the ground and perishing into the ground. I am using versions DayZ 1.7.6.1 and Arma 2 102591. (Chernarus)
I have tried an array of different configurations, and including just running your files in the download and receive the same result. Everything else is working great. it just seems that the line
dogOwner = [] under is server is not being recognized.
Any advice on how to correct this minor issue will be appreciated.

Cheers

Is it possible to just get dogs+climbing+heli towing to work without anomalies? Also...is there a tutorial on how to get this to work on a pbo that's already been altered? (custom mapping, scripts, etc) I've been searching but haven't had any luck. Thanks :)

Hi SpreadTheBlood
All I did was to incorporate Pixel's Mission file in with my PBO (and a little bit of editing to the description.ext and init.sqf files and to the addin files) but make sure you follow his examples in the dayzAddin_21 zip file that you downloaded also don't forget to edit the BE scripts file. I am running Pixel's Climbing+heli lift and including the extra buildings like super markets, the nice additions to the Balota airstrip and the airstrip just north east of Krasnostav. I have included his Z - lab building and the enrty point. NO I am not using the anomolies I have not put these back into the PBO as yet as I am trying to work out why the dogs will not respawn with their owner. If you would like to use my PBO as a guide just call out. I am sure someone else will have more info for you as there are some smart cookies in this forum. By the way I am using DayZ Control Center and my info refers to Cherno

I got it figured out. I just opened up the editor and merged the 2 mission files..didn't lose anything and it added everything I needed into the mission :D

Hi Pixel's, please i realy need help, yesterday cinematic intro and dogs worked fine ! but today i cant see the cinematic intro(sometimes i only see the logo "addin") and i m having problems with the dogs too, im sending you my mission.pbo and a picture of my problem, can u see it please?, i will pay for your help that for sure !.

Thanks again, and please give me a hand :/

https://mega.co.nz/#F!qcoijDTQ!Z0XUJQDEnScfL76yIZVt8A

To everybody thats putting dogs on their server: Are just not allowing players to change clothing at all?

Because from my understanding that the dogs works perfectly fine until a dog owner changes clothes.
Is there something I am missing?

How would I manually spawn a dog? I'm using an admin script. And is it possible to use the already existing doghouses on the map instead of placing extras? (With 10% chance or something of course so they don't all spawn dogs)

To the few people that asked, the Resource Title Logo is basically just the logo that appears in the beginning of the server. Its the ADDIN logo on the top left side of the screen. You can see in the video he posted.

For those with teleport issues, its an anti-hax issue. I myself attempted to bypass these using the player_monitor scripts but for me personally, it did not work.

For those who wanted to change the spawn locations for the dogs, the answer was given in several posts. You need to edit the points in your mission.sqm file. For example:

class Item85
{
position[]={3364.8511,190.81436,3929.8733}; <<This is the center point for the dog spawns
placement=100;<< This is the radius in meters of the spawn point.
id=17;
side="EMPTY";
vehicle="Land_psi_bouda";
text="dog";
init="_nul = [this]execVM ""addin\dogInit.sqf""; _dogSound = createSoundSource [""Sound_LittleDog"", getPosATL this, [], 0];";
};

That being said, you simply change the position in the world and edit the placement radius to whatever you like. If you don't know the coordinates of the location you want the dog spawn to be, simply open up Arma 2D editor, make a new mission file, name it "dogspawntest" or something and place a random object where you want it to show up and save it again. Then open up MyDocuments/Arma2OtherProfiles/yourname/missions and find your save file. Look in the mission.sqm, find your object and get the position from that.

DayZ.ST users, I'm not sure what the issue is but nothing piXel posted, can't be done. You simply download the stock pbo they give you from your control panel, follow his original steps (save for his later edits of course) repack and upload it. Simple as that.

For those getting errors such as Waiting for Host, Something went wrong, check your scripts/edits for syntax errors. A simple ; or } out of place, can break an entire server. I once spent the better part of two days figuring out why one my scripts wasn't working and it ended up being a : at the end of a line instead of a ;

I use dayz.st and have no issues at all using this, I have it working on Chernarus and Taviana. The only thing impossible for us, dayz.st users, is changing anything in the config/bin files contained in dayz_code or anim (or at least to my knowledge). Anything else can be redirected to fix issues, it may cause a larger mission file size but we can still do it.

I'd like to think I know what I'm doing most of the time when porting these additions over for my admins, but for whatever reason, these dogs, the vehicle lift AND the vehicle climb are just not cooperating.

The Lab and anomalies appear to be working, I was just running into the same issues with the teleporting as the rest of the posters. Not a big deal for me, my server admin doesn't want to add them anyway. I've read through these posts probably at least twice now, maybe I've missed something. I tried the original post's way, I tried the edits for the Totalzedcheck thing and also the trigger under Sensors to initiate the plrInit script but nothing's working for me.

I have the dogs spawning, they follow me around fantastically, but I get no menu for commands. I believe Sulo had a similar issue on page 2 but I never saw any resolution posted. The same goes for the vehicle climb and cargo lift, no actions, nothing.

I have no problems at all doing the work myself but if anyone has or can post up a mission pbo of one or more of these additions, just so I can use it as a reference, my server and I would greatly appreciate it.

I got a Problem too:
While using BLISS everything worked fine but the Server was too laggy so I changed to LITE.

But now I can't get the Dogs to work with Lite. Also The nice rope between the chopper and the car is gone now (what was one reasons while I choose this script and not the Logistics one).
When I Play there is even no doghouse like it was with Bliss. So no barking dog eigther. I would like to have my dogs back. :/

What I noticed between Bliss and Lite:
- Annomalies: Don't know, I disabled them.
- Teleport: The same.
- Dogs: With Lite you don't have Dogs and the custom doghosues.
- Lift: Works with Lite but you dont have the rope and the red ball underneath the chopper, what Looks a bit funny cos this is not Harry Potter.
- Ride on the back of a vehicle: That still works with Lite. I like it but it would be better if you can use your gun while you are sitting at the back.

Does anyone have files for just the dogs?

SORRY if this has been asked before - and I did indeed see the note in the opening thread, however I am wondering if anyone has an empty mission.sqm file with just the dogs and not the other stuff (teleports) - OR is there a guide anywhere on removing the teleport points from the mission.sqm, to avoid bloating it?

Does anyone have files for just the dogs?

SORRY if this has been asked before - and I did indeed see the note in the opening thread, however I am wondering if anyone has an empty mission.sqm file with just the dogs and not the other stuff (teleports) - OR is there a guide anywhere on removing the teleport points from the mission.sqm, to avoid bloating it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/czylljxexfu53oo/Dogs.rar

This only has dogs and I took out the other files and sounds that were then unneeded. You install it the same way as you would regularly.

EXCELLLLLLEEEEEENNNNTTTT :D

Ya just saved me some work :D thanks!
I'm not 100% sure that it will work. I don't use the anomalies and just use the dogs and lift. My mission.sqm had an auto refuel in it, so I removed the auto refuel part so only the dogs were left added. And with the addin scripts removed the executes to other files leaving the dog scripts and dog sounds. So hopefully it works for ya'

I'm not 100% sure that it will work. I don't use the anomalies and just use the dogs and lift. My mission.sqm had an auto refuel in it, so I removed the auto refuel part so only the dogs were left added. And with the addin scripts removed the executes to other files leaving the dog scripts and dog sounds. So hopefully it works for ya'
Cool :) I have auto-refuel already, and adding the lift was the next job on my list :) Just don't want the anomalies or graphics that go with them :D

I'm off to sleep now (am in UK, it's late here), but will try this after work tomorrow :) Thanks!

Just had a go at installing dogs only but when I boot up the server it sticks on Creating (Wait for host). Anyone know how to solve this? (DayZ.st / Bliss, trying to use own custom mission.sqm)

Back