dayz mission addin (serverside scripts)

A BIG thankyou goes out to piXel for his script and for getting it working on my server, the guys started coming in not long after your help and are now having a ball with their new companions.:D. I lost my first one to an AI sniper,:mad:, but I got payback for my pal.
Cheers piXel

p.s. I have added you to the whitelist so you can get in any time.

in the init.sqf you need to change your dayz_instance = to what ever your instance ID is. it appears you have left the defult one in there.

Yeah it actually works with that id, ive just copied everything from dayzAddin_21 into my server and its working.
So it must be my editing of the mission file thats the problem...

@piXel yeah im still on 1.7.6 and my guess is that the built in anti-teleport they added has something to do it, however I'm going to wait until we get switched to 1.7.6.1 to see if that will fix it but thanks

Hey this is going to sound real dumb, but when placing and item on your map via the mission.sqf in np++ how do I then get it to spawn.
piXel placed a dog house on my map and I have since tried several times to add an extra one down at Balota but 2 things have me stumped;
1, the co-ordinates are not in a format I am used to - {6537.2515,322.05478,6095.4761}, this is what they look like in the mission.sqf, but I am used to this format- [200,[3672.12,7351.91.0.234]] meaning [direction,[Horizontal co-ords, Vertical co-ords, Altitude]], could some please explain the layout/meaning of the pre-mentioned format.

2, even copying his previous dog house data, pasting it into the file below the other, changing its id, placement, and text values, then changing the co-ords by what I would believe to be 10 metres, it still fails to spawn, could someone please tell me what I am missing.

I try to customize my files Mission.pbo to bring some scripts about dogs and vehicles. It can be played normally. But there are alert in the game as "Cannot load mission" and "Cannot load logo". Where do I need to fix?

Hey this is going to sound real dumb, but when placing and item on your map via the mission.sqf in np++ how do I then get it to spawn.
piXel placed a dog house on my map and I have since tried several times to add an extra one down at Balota but 2 things have me stumped;
1, the co-ordinates are not in a format I am used to - {6537.2515,322.05478,6095.4761}, this is what they look like in the mission.sqf, but I am used to this format- [200,[3672.12,7351.91.0.234]] meaning [direction,[Horizontal co-ords, Vertical co-ords, Altitude]], could some please explain the layout/meaning of the pre-mentioned format.

2, even copying his previous dog house data, pasting it into the file below the other, changing its id, placement, and text values, then changing the co-ords by what I would believe to be 10 metres, it still fails to spawn, could someone please tell me what I am missing.

The format ur not used to is the Arma2 coordinates the second is dayz. The arma2 goes [horizontal, altitude,vertical] The altitude in this format is distance above sea level. If ur converting into the dayz format then you need to put the distance as height above ground not sea level. You also need to add the direction

@sulo
I will pack it together.

@ConnorJ
Yes I read the update. Teleport could be misused by script kids. Easiest way to disable teleport is removing content from teleport.sqf file. Then there will be no errors and no teleport.

@Manatee
The lift script works in 1.7.6.1

@rock2rap
Remove content from files anomalyX.sqf and teleport.aqf files. And they will not be created.

@Mekoz
Thats great you fixed it!

@stealth
Your second method is correct(copy doghouse and change id in .sqm file). You only need to adjust total vehicle item count inthat section of the .sqm file; =1 after adding one it should be 2. Otherwise it will not be placed on the map. And coordinates is as Sulo said.

The format ur not used to is the Arma2 coordinates the second is dayz. The arma2 goes [horizontal, altitude,vertical] The altitude in this format is distance above sea level. If ur converting into the dayz format then you need to put the distance as height above ground not sea level. You also need to add the direction

Thankyou, that helps me understand how it works, my thought on the co-ords were correct.

@stealth
Your second method is correct(copy doghouse and change id in .sqm file). You only need to adjust total vehicle item count inthat section of the .sqm file; =1 after adding one it should be 2. Otherwise it will not be placed on the map. And coordinates is as Sulo said.

Thankyou piXel as the one thing I had missed was the item count =. lol:)

In the scripts here I see a lot of _x locals but I can't find where they are declared. Am I blind or am I missing something?

thanks in advance

Code:
//===================piXel 12-02-2013============
if (isServer) exitwith {};
waitUntil {sleep 2; count vehicles > 1};
sleep 10;
{
If (typeOf _x in ["UH1H_DZ","Mi17_DZ"]) then
{
nul = _x addAction [("<t color=""#00a6eb"">Lift cargo</t>"),"addin\liftCargo.sqf",["pickup"],10,false,true,"","driver _target == player"];
};
If (typeOf _x in ["Old_bike_TK_CIV_EP1","VolhaLimo_TK_CIV_EP1","Volha_2_TK_CIV_EP1","Volha_1_TK_CIV_EP1","car_sedan","car_hatchback","Lada2_TK_CIV_EP1","Lada1_TK_CIV_EP1","Skoda","Lada1","Lada2","LadaLM","SkodaRed","SkodaGreen","SkodaBlue","datsun1_civil_3_open","datsun1_civil_1_open","hilux1_civil_1_open","hilux1_civil_3_open_EP1"]) then
{
nul = _x addAction ["Climb on back","addin\vehClimb.sqf",[],-5,false,true,"","(vehicle player != _target)"];
};
} forEach (vehicles);

@Krenuds
Good you read the scripts and it's simple. You should read _x as a "wildcard" for: forEach (vehicles). Then _x is declared as: typeOf. If true then addAction.

So would it be fair to say that _x == 'everything' in a sense?

In other words, for the sake of _x addAction does that mean add the action to the chopper or to the crew?

@Krenuds
Technicaly in .sqf you could say that in a forEach run but in the script you mentioned above, it only applies to vehicles. And this specific script only applies for the driver of the vehicle, but that is filtered in the addaction.

Ugh, I still don't really understand it though, it shows up everywhere it seems! Is there some documentation for this? I've looked everywhere and come up with nothing...

piXel i sent you a pm ( conversation ) when you have time please respond to it i didn't want to post it here

Back