dayz mission addin (serverside scripts)

@DHuxley
unfortunately missed it. Very easy answer. The server needs to keep track of the dogowners:
in your init.sqf in the (isServer) section you have to declare dogOwner = []; correctly. See my file as an example and maybe the next is useful too.

@ Vilemouse and any other

#### To make your added doghouse work (dogspawn): ####

needs in doghouse item in the .sqm initialisation:
init="_nul = [this]execVM ""addin\dogInit.sqf"";";

in the description.ext below class RscPicture {}; add {sounds and graphics):
#include "addin\fx\descrExt.h"

in the init.sqf in section "isServer" (then server knows who has dog):
dogOwner = [];

in the init.sqf in the section "!isDedicated" (dog commands for the player)
_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death; _nul = [] execVM "addin\plrInit.sqf";}];
//dayZ original _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
_playerMonitor = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";
_nul = [] execVM "addin\plrInit.sqf";

copy folder "addin" in your mission folder (all the scripts)

#### To make your added doghouse work (anomaly): ####

needs in doghouse item .sqm initialisation (for instance the stone anomaly):
init="_nul = [this]execVM ""addin\anomalyStone.sqf"";";

in the description.ext below class RscPicture {}; add {sounds and graphics):
#include "addin\fx\descrExt.h"

copy folder "addin" in your mission folder (all the scripts)

See my files as an example. (And placement=3000; in the .sqm file means placed in a random radius of 3000 meters. Then the game becomes less static. I do this for anomalies)

Hello piXel
I had try all your stuff what you have write here on this forum.. i am new here so but its not working for me this dogs script <.<
My Server tell me after that "waiting for host" :(
So i hope you can help me with that i am sitting here now about days and try to finish it but nothing.. :(

any hints on what to remove from mission.sqm
to remove the teleporter positions and the laboratory
but to keep all other buildings

ok now i get the next problems... the dogs spawn but i can´t control them <.< can someone help me please with the problem?

Anyone get a little nag message something like "Cannot Find addin/dogInit.sqf"? everything works perfect and I have -showscripterrors but nothing bad pops up when Im playing. Its just when youre done, exit out of server, exit out of server list, and on splash screen it shows that nag message then I just OK it. Not a big prob, just strange since its working and that IS the location of dogInit.sqf lol.

Sorry to sound like a bit of a dick but those instructions are so hard to follow, maybe look into getting someone else to edit them to make them more legible

I have a problem , im using custom Intro Song and after i add this script i get error with the description.ext . is there way to run this script with my custom intro song ? i wont delete my mod

Ok i found a solution myself . To get the Intro Song with this mod , you need to edit files .
In Description.ext , you need to delete the whole class CfgSounds .
After that go to addin/fx/descrExt.h and add the CfgSounds wich we deleted before , for me it looks like that .

Code:
class CfgSounds

{

sounds[] =

{

introSong,bark,growl,teleport,whistleFollow,whistleStay,whistleFind,whistleNon

};

class introSong

{

name="introSong";

sound[]={introSong.ogg,0.9,1};

titles[] = {};

};

Now go to addin/plrInit.sqf and add the text from playerspawn.sqf of your IntroSong , for me it looks like this now .

Code:
//===================piXel 15-02-2013===========
waitUntil {!isNil ("dayzLoginRecord")};

//BlurGaming Intro Script
sleep 4;
playsound "introSong";
cutText ["You are playing on **", "PLAIN DOWN"];
sleep 4;
cutText ["Welcome to my Server", "PLAIN DOWN"];
sleep 4;
cutText ["Have Fun Bro :)", "PLAIN DOWN"];

I add the text above //failsafe vehClimb.sqf and deleted whole //intro move , because i didnt like the Intro Camera :)

Hiya guys :D ! can anybody help me please? i just only wanna add dogs to my server but im a little confuse, please i realy need this help.-
If any can help me i can load my mission.pbo here :)

Sorry for my english
Thanks !

Hiya guys :D ! can anybody help me please? i just only wanna add dogs to my server but im a little confuse, please i realy need this help.-
If any can help me i can load my mission.pbo here :)

Sorry for my english
Thanks !

Sure how can i help you? i get this working (without save on logout)

Its hard for me cuz i'm spanish x), but i can wait for you , thanks for your help, please tell me when yaa ready :)

===========Updated 17-02-2013==========

This is version 2 of my addin for DayZ. serverside scripted, so clients don't need an extra mod.

The added storyline is a laboratory where things went wrong and the zombies entered the world through anomalies. As a helping hand in this harsh environment you can find companion dogs that you can command. See movieclip for details.

The dogshouses with dogs are located (with a random radius of 70 meters) in: Bor, Msta, Polana, Vyshnoye, Grishino, Dubrovka.

Install notes in .zip file

what is updated?
this
Only want the dog and know what .sqf is.
here

As a BE side note: I noticed the latest battleeye for servers has a new text file "attachto.txt" This document needs to be empty. I did not have problems with script.txt. If you do, please tell me.
hello,pixel.do you have any sripte about add dogs in Namalsk?tks

Back