DayZ Mission System

Have a question about Mission AI difficulty. I'm running SargeAI and on my Epoch server. Missions spawn, and the AI associated with them. I also have the dynamic and static AI spawns from Sarge working great too. I have updated the mission files and added "Sarge" where needed.

But I'm having a problem with the AI from the mission system. They don't seem to have the same awareness and difficulty as the normal SargeAI groups. They're extremely easy to pick off. Even from 100m away. I have tried changing settings in SargeAI to see if I can make them more difficult, but all it seems to do is make the dynamic and static Sarge groups more difficult, the AI that spawn around the missions are still very dumb and do not react to getting shot. They just kinda run around, or go prone, but never shoot back.

I have made changes to the "add_unit_server*.sqf" files, where it defines the skill levels, hoping to make them more difficult. Here's what I've changed them too. It seems to have had zero effect on them though.

Code:
        //set skills
        _aiunit setSkill ["aimingAccuracy",0.8];
        _aiunit setSkill ["aimingShake",0.8];
        _aiunit setSkill ["aimingSpeed",0.8];
        _aiunit setSkill ["endurance",0.9];
        _aiunit setSkill ["spotDistance",1.0];
        _aiunit setSkill ["spotTime",1.0];
        _aiunit setSkill ["courage",0.9];
        _aiunit setSkill ["reloadSpeed",0.8];
        _aiunit setSkill ["commanding",1];
        _aiunit setSkill ["general",1];

Any suggestions on how to improve this?

The AI in the missions are set to the side of Resistance. I don't know what side Sarge AI are set to. Check your faction settings to make sure the Resistance sees players (West) as enemies or change the side of the mission AI.
Code:
Line 5 of add_unit_server.sqf:

_aiGroup = createGroup resistance;

Change resistance to East or whatever.
Alternatively, find these settings in your faction file or whatever and make sure the AI side is setFriend 0 to West.
Code:
waitUntil{initialized};
//0Day   
//createCenter east;
createCenter resistance;
//Survivors
WEST setFriend [RESISTANCE,0];
WEST setFriend [EAST,0];
//AI Units Missions
EAST setFriend [RESISTANCE,0];
EAST setFriend [WEST,0];
EAST setFriend [CIVILIAN,0];//AI Units attack zeds
//Unused
RESISTANCE setFriend [WEST,0];
RESISTANCE setFriend [EAST,0];
RESISTANCE setFriend [CIVILIAN,0];//AI Units attack zeds
//Zeds
CIVILIAN setFriend [RESISTANCE,0];//Zeds attack AI units
CIVILIAN setFriend [EAST,0];//Zeds attack AI units

This is the side definitions from my SAR_AI_init.sqf. Haven't touched anything in this. Does this look correct or do I need to change something?

Code:
// side definitions
createCenter east;
createCenter resistance;

// unfriendly AI bandits
EAST setFriend [WEST, 0];
EAST setFriend [RESISTANCE, 0];

// Players
WEST setFriend [EAST, 0];
WEST setFriend [RESISTANCE, 1];

// friendly AI
RESISTANCE setFriend [EAST, 0];
RESISTANCE setFriend [WEST, 1];

SAR_AI_friendly_side = resistance;
SAR_AI_unfriendly_side = east;

I dont see anyone else with the issue I am having.

Followed all of the instructions..everything seemed to go smoothly until I started up the server and it gets stuck at waiting for Authentication.

I am running Dayz Epoch on Dayzpriv.com with no current No Sarge or DZAI and will gladly attach any files you want to see if it will help you assess the issue.

~Abstrakt

Arterio, the easiest way to fix your problem is to go into all the add_unit_server.sqf's in your Missions folder and change RESISTANCE to EAST.

Abstrakt, we can't help without more information. Mostly likely you forgot to close a command in the init.sqf. Make sure all your commands are closed with a semi-colon. Check your .RPT log for errors.

Arterio, the easiest way to fix your problem is to go into all the add_unit_server.sqf's in your Missions folder and change RESISTANCE to EAST.

So just to confirm, in the "add_unit_server*.sqf" files I need to replace all instances of "resistance" with "east"? So essentially lines 5, 11, and 12.

Abstrakt, we can't help without more information. Mostly likely you forgot to close a command in the init.sqf. Make sure all your commands are closed with a semi-colon. Check your .RPT log for errors.

I did notice a command I forgot to close in server_functions.sqf
Code:
fnc_hTime = compile preprocessFile "\z\addons\dayz_server\Missions\misc\fnc_hTime.sqf;

Fixed that and had the same issue, Checked my rpt and all I got was about half a million of this:

Bad conversion: bool

No idea what that is referring to o_O

Added a copy of my server.pbo (Not sure how to upload directly to the forum so I used mediafire. if you would rather I posted to the forum directly I would be glad to, just need to figure out how)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qogudcod179b0ue/dayz_server.pbo

Abstrakt, the code snippet you posted is till wrong. You're missing the closing quotes which come before the semi-colon.

Arterio, yes, open all 3 add_unit_server files. In each of them change Resistance to East.

I'm curious, what's the maximum difficulty setting you can set for the Ai? The missions are too easy for people on my server. I spend hours at a time testing different weapons and settings to make them harder but people can still do them without getting shot at once. I've set the range difficulty setting to 3, though not sure you can go past 1 and still n o change.

Ah, well. Fuggit. I'm off to play GTA 5 until DayZ standalone. This shizz is just too much for me. Love you all and good evening.

Chester, you're doing something wrong. With the difficulties all set to 1.0 the AI on our servers would instantly one-shot you in the head from 1km away as soon as they had line of sight. We had to turn it down to the settings included in our files to give people a chance.

Edit to add: Do you have Sarge AI? I'm wondering if Sarge overrides the AI difficulties on the mission system.

Lol, could it be because I have them set higher than 1? Now can it just be 1 or does it have to be 1.0? Not sure if the system needs the .0 added...

I am using Sarge Ai as well and have them higher than 1. Just seemed like they were too easy. All my Ai from Sarge and Missions are set to 3.. Didnt know if it helped or not, been testing them on my test server

I love you. I have searched so many Ai forums trying to find any info I could on the skill system, which is why I tested them instead cause I couldnt find anything. Only other posts I found were people basically asking some of the same questions without a reply, but most of them were about how to make them easier. Is it possible to have the Mission AI spawn in with vehicles to use? I know they spawn in with some as loot, but is there a way to make them used them if you change it to spawn with armed vehicles.

Hey, i installed this script on my epoch chernarus (1.0.2.3) server but it just won't start. as far as i'm concerned i did everything what the tutorial told me to do but the missions just won't start. there are no errors in my logs neither so i just dont have the slightest idea what to do.
any help?

Chester, if you study the minor mission with the Landing Party you can see how to create a group and give them a vehicle to use, then waypoints to go to. I've been thinking about creating caravan missions, but haven't gotten to it yet. Also, this link has helped me enormously to learn scripting: http://www.arma2.com/comref/comref.html

Nekuan, make sure that you've put the Missions folder in your server.pbo and initiated it correctly in the server_functions.sqf

Did all of that dozens of time. i copied entire server.pbo's from people for who it's working. there is absolutely nothing happening. tried it with including Sarge and with the included factions.sqf. - nothing...

Abstrakt, the code snippet you posted is till wrong. You're missing the closing quotes which come before the semi-colon.

Arterio, yes, open all 3 add_unit_server files. In each of them change Resistance to East.

.....*facepalm*....thank you I seriously have no idea how I missed that the 200 times I looked at it. Working 100% right now thank you :)

Back