DayZ Mission System

TheSzerdi

DayZ Mission system help and discussion takes place here

If someone edits it for 1.7.7 chernarus (or any other map) please e-mail me and I'll put it on the github page with credit to the editor.

http://github.com/theszerdi/DayZ-Missions

Chernarus edit by lazyink: https://github.com/lazyink/DayZ-Missions

Anyone may use, modify, and/or include this code in their own work. I ask only that proper credit be given and that anything using this code is NOT sold for profit.

I'm thinking of integrating a small part of this mission system to my AI mod. I'll use this code as guidance as opposed to copying it but I'll be sure to give credit.

I'm actually working on a Chernarus edit for this as I type this, just a question that's peaked my interest, figured I'd ask.
In the SMFinder.sqf's, theres a line here:

Code:
if(isNil {ReAccur}) then { ReAccur = ["SM3","SM4","SM5","SM6","SM7"];};

Is there a reason SM1 and SM2 are not mentioned in either the Major or Minor SMFinder?

Yeah, I'm really not that good at Arma scripting and as I understand it only the missions listed there should repeat. The ones not listed are so overpowered that you don't need them to spawn more than once per cycle. Too much loot.

Although I think I missed something, 'cuz I'm pretty sure all the missions reoccur no matter what's listed in there. lol

Yeah, I'm really not that good at Arma scripting and as I understand it only the missions listed there should repeat. The ones not listed are so overpowered that you don't need them to spawn more than once per cycle. Too much loot.

Although I think I missed something, 'cuz I'm pretty sure all the missions reoccur no matter what's listed in there. lol

No worries, was just curious. That works out better anyway.

For my own edits for Chernarus, I was a bit lazy and just "re-did" the APC mission as one of the others (forget which now that I'm trying to remember) and for the PBX one, I just copied the Axe Murderer which just sounds fun lmao. May go back later and actually get a set of cords for the PBX mission.

I turned the C130 into an An2. For whatever reason, whenever I unpack/pack our server.pbo, it breaks, even if its an original. (Nothing to do with your scripts at all, this is something wrong on my end for quite a while now) so I'll check back in the morning after another fellow admin uploads the new file for me and I can get down to testing.

I am getting this error in my RPT, any ideas as to why?!

Code:
10:47:39 "AIUNIT: Spawn initiated: Centre:[2040.68,9746.28,0] | WeaponLevel:1"
10:47:39 "AIUNIT: Creating BAF_Soldier_L_DDPM by <NULL-object> at [2041.68,9747.28,51]. Result:O 1-1-B:1 | Loadout:["M4SPR","30Rnd_556x45_Stanag","M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD"] / Num:5"
10:47:39 "AIUNIT: Creating BAF_Soldier_L_DDPM by <NULL-object> at [2042.68,9748.28,51]. Result:O 1-1-B:2 | Loadout:["M249_DZ","200Rnd_556x45_M249","glock17_EP1","17Rnd_9x19_glock17"] / Num:0"
10:47:40 "AIUNIT: Creating BAF_Soldier_L_DDPM by <NULL-object> at [2043.68,9749.28,51]. Result:O 1-1-B:3 | Loadout:true / Num:2"
10:47:40 Error in expression <lWeapons _aiunit;

_aiwep1 = _ailoadout select 0;
_aiammo1 = _ailoadout select 1>
10:47:40 Error position: <select 0;
_aiammo1 = _ailoadout select 1>
10:47:40 Error select: Type Bool, expected Array,Config entry
10:47:40 File z\addons\dayz_server\missions\add_unit_server3.sqf, line 111

Some of the weapons that spawn on the AI are Namalsk specific. You need to change the weapons loadouts in the spawn AI files.

@ Lazy i used your edited files, edited out mission 3 from minor missions as i dont have time to get coords for that mission yet. anyway I also had to change one of the guns that was AS50 to a DMR as the as50 is now banned. I did not get any errors and after 10 minutes got the humvee had crashed mission. Have to head to work now but your edited files worked for me (so far)

@TheSzerdi great idea man, hope i can give it a good test later and i will report back with results

I have updated my files to work a whole lot better. I will post a link to the downloadables in a bit!

Yes, the same missions, tho I will editing them a little to make them fit the story a bit better.

Ok, here are the mission files:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5-q3-_HdEezWWpZNFROeHZPb1E/edit?usp=sharing

I have modded the radius that the missions spawn at, which should solve the issue of sites spawning off the map. I have taken out the AS50, but have added some new weapons, that we have on our server, so you may want to check the lists so you don't get any weapons illegal to your server (eg. M4A1 GL HOLO SD). I have also edited a few of the missions to use Chernarus buildings and vehicles.

Cheers buddy, one last question do you know if the map gets marked when a mission starts? Original post says so but wen I tested I never got a marker

The map gets marked, but due to the original code being for another map, they were spawning 2-3k off the map! This should be fixed in my version.

The map gets marked, but due to the original code being for another map, they were spawning 2-3k off the map! This should be fixed in my version.

I quickly tried your edited version out tonight, i only put in the one mission though which was the crashed humvee also changed the loot to be mostly medical including a few antibiotics. I got the message and got the marker on the map too so big thanks for this dude.

One side note someone got kicked when they looted the AI weapon ( makarov SD ) for add/cargo restriction #36

That looks like he was picking up the Radio of the corpses. Looking at how to fix this now!

Back