DayZ Mission System

I completely forgot about that mission.. I remember it spawning on another server, would always spawn in the middle of the map somewhere on the ground. On my server it never spawned. All the SM1-6 rare set to spawn too

EDIT: Actually I just went through them all and don't see the boat mission.. Wondering if I have a different mission file
EDIT: Actually, I did have it. I had downloaded 2 different mission systems. I think the one I had was an edited version of yours, the hillbillies and a few others were removed.

Lazyink edited my original system to make it compatible with Chernarus and the restrictions of normal DayZ. If you'd like to see more militarized missions check out our Quixotic Folly servers:

QF Namalsk IP: 98.243.72.183:7000

QF Taviana IP: 98.243.72.183:7001

QF Epoch Chernarus IP: 98.243.72.183:7014

Edit to add: Taviana and Epoch Chernarus both run dual systems that allow up to 2 major and 2 minor missions to spawn at once. Tavi and Epoch Cherno also allow a much greater variety of vehicles and weapons, which we happily use.

I actually wanted that, allow for multiples of each. I tried it but couldnt get it to work so moved on to more important things for a while. I want to make a bunch of different missions to keep things fresh and new.

Would it be possible to get a copy of your cherno mission files you have? Trying to get a better idea how they work with the vehicles, want to get multiple vehicles in one mission that can take over a small town possibly as well as get more than 1 of each to spawn.

Or just one of the SM files so I can get an idea and make my own. Ive tested them for several hours trying to get them to work. I got them to drive from point A to point B, but nothing more. I want multiple vehicles and would like them to circle a town or something

I don't have any good examples of anything like that scripted. You should go check out the actual Arma forums and maybe Armaholic.com. I'd bet somebody already has such a mission.pbo uploaded that you could dissect.

I'm having one minor issue with this. The Mission AI are not attacking players. I'm using SArge, and have made the appropriate changes.

Anyone know why they would not attack players?

Maybe try DZAI and see if it works? I couldnt get Sarge to go after update to epoch 1.0.2.3 but DZAI works fine with mission system.

I'm having one minor issue with this. The Mission AI are not attacking players. I'm using SArge, and have made the appropriate changes.

Anyone know why they would not attack players?

Mission AI is equal to sargeAI´s Rsistance ( heroes) u gotta set them to EAST.

let me guess, right now they dont shoot unles they been shooten at right?!

Hi There, im running the mission system with Epcoh 1.0.2.3 and it runs great, the only issue I seem to have is access certain traders at the Trading Camps. I have to Right Click mouse to aim though a guns sight before the trader menu appears. Anybody experiance a simpilar thing and
how I can fix this? Thanks in advanced!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I managed to find a work around for this, I set all the ai to side EAST (_aiGroup = createGroup east;) and comented out the resistance parts in the factions.sqf. Traders are working now 1.0.2.4 again yay :)

hey, got Sarge and Missions running on my DayZ Epoch server but the AI wont attack, they just do nothing. i Edited faction to:

Code:
waitUntil{initialized};
//Only create these if they aren't already
createCenter east;
createCenter resistance;
//Survivors
WEST setFriend [RESISTANCE,0];
WEST setFriend [EAST,0];
//AI Units
EAST setFriend [RESISTANCE,0];
EAST setFriend [WEST,0];
EAST setFriend [CIVILIAN,0];//AI Units attack zeds
CIVILIAN setFriend [EAST,0];//Zeds attack AI units
//Unused
RESISTANCE setFriend [WEST,0];
RESISTANCE setFriend [EAST,0];

like i was told to. but they still do nothing.

Besides for maxing out the AI skills, is there any way we make them more difficult? I know with sarge AI i've pushed the AI engagement range out to approx 800 meters, but the ai from the missions only will engage within about 400 meters or so and this results in players just sitting way back and picking them off one by one (a valid strategy) I'd like my to think that the ai would eventually pinpoint where the attacks are coming from and counterattack.

As I've said before, I think the Sarge AI is overriding the mission AI settings. On our QF servers we have the AI set mostly at 0.7 or below and they waste you from as far away as they have line of sight.

Not so on ours, the static ai we've spawned through sarge will hit you pretty much so long as they have LOS, but the mission spawned ones tend to be dumber for whatever reason.

I set this up yesterday and it works, but today it doesn't seem the messages are popping up about the missions. the missions are starting and appearing on the map however. the only change I made was disablilng logging in the hiveext.ini. Would that affect the appearance of messages?

Right now I'm on my server and there are two missions still active, but they've been running for quite a while. Do they run until completed or do they go away after a while? Maybe that's why I'm not seeing messags?

Where do you set the chance that a mission will start and where do you set how long it is between missions? I was just on my server and no missions were starting. I'd like it to be so that after X minutes the mission ends.

SMGoMajor.sqf and SMGoMinor.sqf sets the time between missions.
Code:
_wait = [2000,650] call fnc_hTime;
First number is maximum time in seconds, second number is minimum time in seconds.

The system is not coded to end missions after X minutes. To do so would be a major pain in the ass and open up a bunch of problems. Either you'd have the map covered in leftover AI and mission objects or you would deny players their rewards if you included mission object removal scripts. I suppose it could be done, but I'm not willing to go through the hassle.

SMGoMajor.sqf and SMGoMinor.sqf sets the time between missions.
Code:
_wait = [2000,650] call fnc_hTime;
First number is maximum time in seconds, second number is minimum time in seconds.

The system is not coded to end missions after X minutes. To do so would be a major pain in the ass and open up a bunch of problems. Either you'd have the map covered in leftover AI and mission objects or you would deny players their rewards if you included mission object removal scripts. I suppose it could be done, but I'm not willing to go through the hassle.

Maybe this would give you some ideas: http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1027-spawn-ammo-box-with-loot-sample/

It keeps the loot box there for 15 minutes and then removes it.

Back