Dayz mod 1.8

seaweeduk

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
Working great for me so far only immediate problem I came across is no spawn selection? It's enabled in my init.sqf

Is this like the gender selection screen problem?

Not sure if its the mod or reality but db sync is pretty slow, after restarts lots of people getting pulled a long way back

Slow syncing times is the mod, Reality just adds some functionality ontop of the mod itself.

Ok thanks will feedback to the dayzmod guys. Is the lack of spawn selection down to the current db schema being different from public?

When can we expect the new schema changes? Hopefully we will still be able to migrate old databases to the new table formats?

Ok thanks will feedback to the dayzmod guys. Is the lack of spawn selection down to the current db schema being different from public?

When can we expect the new schema changes? Hopefully we will still be able to migrate old databases to the new table formats?

I will attempt to provide everything that is needed for the migration, so you will simply run a new schema version and it will convert it all. I already spoke with R4z0r RE the sync issue and will need to look into this further. The spawn selection should work or not based on the mission setting, it's not dependent on the database atm.

I will attempt to provide everything that is needed for the migration, so you will simply run a new schema version and it will convert it all. I already spoke with R4z0r RE the sync issue and will need to look into this further. The spawn selection should work or not based on the mission setting, it's not dependent on the database atm.

Ok thanks very much.

I've had the setting for spawn selection enabled in my missions init.sqf since downloading 1.8 never seen the option in game though. I tried a new missionfile after they said there were bugs with the generator yesterday also tried disabling ah/rexec.

Can confirm this.

I have tried different mission files and settings combinations but no spawn selection is showing.

Edit: No gender selection either.

i got spawn selection working wanna know how?
use the hiveext.dll from the genderselect folder ;)
that fixed it for me

Is there a fix for this yet? I finally updated to 1.8 and using the hive.dll in the gender select folder i no longer have custom and default load out.

Where can I get the server files for 1.8.03 for the reality build? Basically I need 3 folders, COMPILE, INIT, and SYSTEM.

I'm working on a private unofficial project and need to get the 1.8.0.3 code for the contents of those 3 folders...

Last edited:
I am also using the latest Reality hive and getting intermittent desync issues. Running on a machine with 3x the resources needed to run the mod server. Any help would be much appreciated.

BUMP

Anyone figure this one out yet? I also enabled it in my init and no spawn selection present. Wasn't even thinking about gender selection but I would love to enable that option as well.

I am running a private hive, DayZ 1.8 on HFB Servers.

I would like an answer to this too...

I have a private DayZ Control Center Server running 1.8.0.3 and would love to enable both the gender selection and spawn selection menus.

My init.sqf shows that spawn selection is enabled (spawnselection=1), but I have never seen either of these menus displayed.

What does one need to do in order to get these menus enabled and working?

Back