dayZ NPC (AI) Units / Troops | Add to Server.

2 Big ones that haven't been solved yet and I'm pretty sure others would like to see this added:

ONE: Anyone figured out how to keep the AI's fully stocked with AMMO (infinate ammo kind of thing)

TWO: Anyway to make the WEST AI immune to bullets from the WEST players ?

Also, I need recommendations for a good bus or heli pickup script.

Cheers.
1) is already figured out thanks to Sarge and is in my latest script
2) i will look into it
3) sarge linked one that isn't compatible with what we have YET, but i'm adding it after I get this eventhandler fixed.. which means in 2 more released of the script it will be in there.. i'm going to do boats and helis.. axe has a bus script already if you can talk him into giving it to you.. it should be fairly compatible with what we have as well.

This hunting for Bandits addition, is that based on humanity? So I could allow a bandit who's only killed one or two people onto my camp, but anyone with a humanity below that will get nailed ? lol
You provide a number for the humanity.. mine is set to 2499 currently, so 1 kill and you're f'd, but you could set it to 0 or even -5000 if you wanted.

They should still turn on him, though it would take like 3 kills I suspect. I've added AI into my recent scripts which i'm about to publish that makes everyone hunt for bandits thanks to Sarge, and i've added an eventhandler that i'm trying to get working right now that reduces your humanity for killing units, which would make someone a bandit if they killed west. After I get this last kink worked out I will publish and you can add it to what you have.

grrr, don't mention eventHandlers, they are driving me to distraction :) Trying to pass objects and get an init eventHandler to work are just.... Maybe a sleep on it will help.

I doubt that these classes are working for a vanilla Chernarus. I would stick to the ones that are defined in the CfgVehicle file of the corresponding map.

If you use rmod, it's a whole different topic.

I'm using vanilla, and CZ_Soldier_DES_EP1, BAF_Soldier_Officer_DDPM, TK_INS_Soldier_EP1, Citizen3, Villager1, Villager1 on mine.

You are correct. Should try things out before i post :)

Those classes are not "gear-stripped" though, so recommend to strip em and load em up manually.

Few quick questions.
1) Are bandit players auto set to EAST? If not, how do I make them EAST?
2) The hack that Buttface posted. Does that change just the zombies to enemy or all civilian to enemy?
3) Is it possible to use a hack like that to unban items? Comment out items in Dayz_anim/config.cpp, copy into mission directory, and call on it from init?

I can give some info on #3 that might help, I don't know if it is possible to hack it away, but once you change anything in the @DayZ folder, it basically becomes a new mod. So it would have to somehow over ride it. This is how @DayZ+ works and all other mods.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, as I'm still learning.

Is there a way to set this so that the NPC's attack certain players/skins....such as protecting admin bases but not shooting the admins.....want to make it shoot all players but the ones in specific skins.

I've got the rest of it working and have even created bandit camps where the NPC's spawn and kill anyone that tries to take the base, now i wanna use them at admin bases to keep other players from going there and taking what the want.

Is there a way to set this so that the NPC's attack certain players/skins....such as protecting admin bases but not shooting the admins.....want to make it shoot all players but the ones in specific skins.

I've got the rest of it working and have even created bandit camps where the NPC's spawn and kill anyone that tries to take the base, now i wanna use them at admin bases to keep other players from going there and taking what the want.

I spwned a group of civillian for my admin base, they wont shoot anyone unless theyre shot but my players dont know that. All my other AI currently shoots on sight.

my ais will move around and everything fine, but they wont shoot and zeds or players, I set the friendly to everything to a .2 so they should shoot zeds and people on sight but they wont, any help

my ais will move around and everything fine, but they wont shoot and zeds or players, I set the friendly to everything to a .2 so they should shoot zeds and people on sight but they wont, any help
This is a common problem. Go to the Simple AI Tutorial thread, and do the part in regards to zombie_generate.sqf.. It's the main reason I created that thread. There's a problem with some clients that Axemans method won't work on. The rest is his code.

will it make the ai soldier attack players on sight?
They will shoot zeds on sight. They determine whether or not to shoot players based on your faction file (either set_unit_faction.sqf or DayZ_Factions\init.sqf depending on whos code you're using)

Back