I genuinely feel like an asshole at this point, as the coordinator, I really am not organizing well timed build and release schedules.
I am doing my best now to try to get what needs done for this release finished, and then work on more realistic lists of additions per release. We'd like to be on a steady update schedule, but even with the now fairly large group, coordinating tasks and peoples available time is not exactly a walk in the park.
I have a modeller who originally contacted me over 4 months ago who is only now beginning work.. and that's fine, this is a hobby, I'm not writing anyone checks or getting sent any either lol... so it is what it is.
Now that I'm a little more proficient in small assists and batch code editing, I'd say we can start getting better and quicker updates out...
The other thing to keep in mind is we are not "another DayZ Mod" (and that's not implying anything bad about being that)
I am coordinating over 5 active projects,
1. The Sahrani Map Ports
2. SMD_Arma 1 Building Project
3. The Sahrani DayZ Mod
4. SMD_Assets Project (which I am in the middle of arranging the cooperative development of assets with the Official Community DayZ Development Team!)
5. SMD Licensed BI Assets Project
6. SMD Weapon Crafting Project
Every single drop of IP that we produce that we are allowed to share open source WE WILL, anything we are only allowed to share for Free Use no Commercial Exploit no Derivatives WE WILL...
We love this game and are 100 percent to respecting others author's rights, and the free and open sharing of any/all assets we produce.
I am also starting what I may have just decided to call ArmAversity!
We are planning on sharing and spreading the knowledge we gain as much as humanly possible. We are doing Google+ hangouts that are working out AMAZINGLY well within the Dev Team.
We are going to ensure all our modellers are trained in the o2/A2/OA importing process, and then will start inviting outside groups or devs in, This may end up getting streamed or recorded, however I think the real benefit to the G+ hangouts is the live interaction from so many smart folks all at the same time!