Dayz Sahrani - Mod Development - Work In Progress

Yeah in 1.0.0 it's been removed.

I was making a joke re, antihack people being the one's selling the hacks...

The idea was to provide our own AH for free so that those folks wouldn't be able to pit players against server hosts for profit so easily anymore... but our talented coder doesn't have time to dedicate so we're just unblocking the keys.

Yeah, the official mod blocked all F keys in 1.8.0 I think? So, unblocking it now is sort of silly, but w'ever, if it makes it easier it makes it easier.

Map version is locked and released. I am doing the final changes to the mod to release it, had an unexpected family visit today so didn't have as much time as I would have liked to get it all done at the same time.

I'm going to work on getting the mod signed/paacked/UL'd and released but not sure I'll be able to get it done tonight now.

Hi!

I saw on the BiStudio site that M1lkm8n has mentioned version 1 is out, and im really impressed that you are already working on it!
Mucho Respect sir!

Eagerly waiting to update my Epoch Server.

dM
Jai

Yes M1lkm8n and I work hand in hand. He does all the terrain changes and buildings, and I bugtest/report, pack/sign/release/post all the updates.

I should hopefully be finished with the next mod release by the weekend. Just had some last minute issues that I want to deal with before putting it out.

The RACS Zombies are not getting cleaned up and I have no idea why. It's kinda game breaking since new zombies won't spawn while the dead/broken one's are idling.. and they won't re-initialize for new players (or even the original player that spawned them).

Any thoughts/suggestions welcome.

wich are the files related to those zombies? textures/config files/... i'll take a look at it.

I think it's fixed... Really odd, I just moved the zombie definitions back to the dayz_code.pbo instead of them being in our smd_assets.pbo.

Going to test a bit more, double check loot balance tomorrow, then sign/pack/release.

looks like it doesnt see/reads the zZombie_Base class from dayz_code pbo. no idea if that is normal but seems to be
the issue you where having.
You could also make a smdZombie_Base class and add it to the server_cleanup.fsm aswell next to the existing zZombie_Base class...

So, yeah I had dragged all that in from the DayZ.pbo that we were not allowed to modify before. In doing so I sort of boned it up a bit.

I've got it sorted now, I think. Earlier I had it back to where it was, where only a few of the helmet-less zeds were sticking around, but now it seems to be 100 percent fixed.

I have run across a few loot problems, so I just want to tighten that up and then should be good.

I'm shooting for the weekend but it's been a hectic week.

hey mate dont kill yourselve's even tho i'm looking forward to the update!
any specific symptoms with the loot problem you currently have?

does sahrani come with MAP_EU 3d map editor addons by default? I really do like that specific addon but cant use it
unless the client has it aswell wich is achievable by adding it to the mod. wich is what epoch and overwatch did.

I can look into it for a future update, but not this one. I don't include files without the express permission of their author's and Mapfact crew I think have gone silent if I remember correctly?

I'll look into it once this release is done.

Superb, and yeah i did expect that answer anyway as it is the way to go and do things correctly ;)

I am pretty sure I have packed up a full server package that can/will replace the 0.2.1 package. Should have fully functioning/updated everything.

I just have to sign/pack everything up, should be good to go by tomorrow evening.

Everything is uploading now, I didn't do a proper changelog again.. I'll have to review and do one tonight or tomorrow.

I rebuilt the Server package... so hopefully it should be straight forward setting up a server now, although the cool vehicles still don't spawn by default, you have to edit the table. I will attempt to maybe update that at some point?

I re-used the older key that DayZ.st already has, so that should help anyone updating one of their servers.

All the error's seem to be gone, there are some script errors that got thrown a few times, but they're flawed BIS functions, I can patch them in another update, and you have to have -showscripterrors on launch for it to show.

I want to get this package out and see how many server/players turn up.

I have to focus on finally moving all the units into our own package, so we're not using all the Vilas and the Icewindo pack.

Back