DayZ Taviana 3.0 Update rolling changelist

Hicks, are the spawns something that are controlled on the client side at all?

Am I able to tear apart the server.pbo and add in additional spawn points?

I understand your teams decision but there's absolutely no point in having the small island now. I really liked how the .eu version had the ability to pick a spawn point.

Thanks!

I know I should probably post this here, but I completely agree. The smaller, Western island is used in a very limited capacity. It seems that people only go there to make camps and hide vehicles. Not necessarily spawn points, but something to make the island more worthwhile - heli crash sites, care packages and wrecks maybe?

I can't wait for this to come out but at the same time i really want the new dayz mod update. Tavi is the only map i will run on my server. i have to say cause of the size and the way that it is set up it is the best map for dayz

Yeah i am waiting too :D can't wait, and if they add the new vehicles like in origins and added their own custom build ones too.
it whould be awesome... And don't do like origins are doing. release the server files at the same time you update the map.

Really would like to see this updated soon as many have said before Taviana is probably the best map out there right now and to get the latest additions in there would really make it shine even more than it already does.:)

Having said that i would also like to see the spawn points made a bit more random and spread out even some on the West Island as it seems pretty much everyone on my Tavi server seems to spawn within 1000m of Byelove and it makes it hard for new spawns to escape from the area without going to a near by place that hasn't been looted 5 minutes earlier or making it a hot spot for bandits to troll new spawns. So spread those spawn points out please ;)

Yeah i am waiting too :D can't wait, and if they add the new vehicles like in origins and added their own custom build ones too.
it whould be awesome... And don't do like origins are doing. release the server files at the same time you update the map.

We've never done anything other than a server/client simul release. In addition, our SVN will have the most updated bits once we've finalized the work.

any word on an expected release date? really looking forward to this. as for the spawn points i'm not too crazy about players spawning on the other island it makes it nice for making camps over there. You could make it so people spawn in more spots on the main island though. i would like to suggest putting in the chinook into the map so people can bring vehicles to other islands and maybe allow more vehicles on the map so if we want to add them we can. if we choose not to then we wont. as for the guns im currently running about 70 guns that don't spawn normaly is it the map that wont let me spawn in more than that. it seams that they get deleted out of the map when i put them in the database. could you allow anything but just make it where the server admins need to add them in manually if they want to?

It would also be nice to see the wreaks ,crashes and care packages spawn on the other island as well though. also if im not posting the suggestions in the correct spot then can someone please direct me as to where i'm suppose to direct them.

Thanks

Great suggestions there zombieshack. If its not too much trouble, head over to development.dayztaviana.com and open some DCRs!
As far as release, I'm hoping in the first week of March.

If you do include the Chinook please remove the mini guns and tail gun from them as they are a nightmare to combat against or add the Chinook that i have seen on Oring which has none and a tail ramp that goes up and down (not sure this serves any purpose though)

I will head over to your development site sometime soon and try and make a few suggestions that comes from our player base as well as the admins ;)

Ok call me stupid but where on earth do i go to actually sign up and register on the development site?....i see login but no register:eek:

Correct. Reg is not on due to assholes in the past were spamming it with crap.

Give me subject and description of issue/improvement. I'll then place it in for you. Just try and keep the description down to under 500 words if possible. Direct and to the point helps.

Ok that makes sense, I have asked our user base to feed us with some suggestions and i will convey those across here when we have some input from them but for now a few things i would like to suggest.

We previously ran a EU version server and one thing they did that we all really liked was the removal of dead bodies and the flies around and replaced them with a grave cross and all the loot on the ground for people to take within 60 minutes of the death/murder or simply to destroy the cross (equal to hiding the body) Is there something like this you could look at implementing?

SUV recolour that can be found here
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17176
Would like to see these implemented to the database so server admins can have the option to be spawned in if so desired.

More vehicles, how about a nice Taxi service
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12289

More to come later, hopefully this is ok with you guys?:)

Done and added

Got a few requests for some new guns not sure how easy or difficult they are to get added but variety is the spice of life right?

RH Pistol pack

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12800

It's about time Dayz had the Desert Eagle in there.
arma22009091512295035_4.png

RH SMG Pack
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13788

pdra7_4.jpg

L119A1 Pack
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15429

arma2oa2011071500112246_4.png

Maybe not all guns from each pack can be added but hopefully just a few can be added to the loot tables.

Back