DayZ Taviana 3.0 Update rolling changelist

Ok so sorry i could not get back to you on this earlier but here is my list

1. Make it so when people spawn into the game they spawn in Parachuting in with a control able parachute.

2. Allow as many vehicles into the game, they don't have to spawn automatically but at least give admins the ability to add them if they want. right now i know i can make a spawn have a chinook helicopter but it wont draw it. it will act like one but not look like one. if you could allow the map to draw any of them this would be great.

3. Allow as many guns as you can be allowed into the map same for these. you don't have to let them spawn let the admins take care of that. it will allow more customizability for the servers and make it so that each server you go into can be played compleatly diffrient than the last one you were on.

4. This might be a hard one and may not be possible but could we get a bunker like the one in this video added to 2 of the airfields the bunker shows up at 9:20 (
) I think that there could be some nice fights in this kind of a place in Taviana

5. If you cant add all vehicles at least add the Chinook and instead of the mini guns can we change it to m240's or none at all. something as big as that should have guns but i do agree with the other guy that mini guns are a little much.

6. Can we get more skins added to the map don't really know which ones but just more would be nice.

7. Is it possible to partner up with the Dayz+ people to allow building on this map. I do love the idea of building Bases on the map. but i hate that Chernarus is the only map that you can do this on.

8. Can we get wreaks, crashes and care packages added to the other island?

These are just some things i have been thinking about now for a while and would love to see on this wonderful map. again i would love to post my ideas directly on the site but i still cant create a log in to make tickets.

Hicks are you joining forces with Pwnoz0r and thevisad ? I think you should and then imagine what you could do together.
Don'y worry about upsetting the money grabbing Origins team :p Pwnoz0r and thevisad have your back.
If not then the chances are we'll end up with 2 versions of Taviana again ....

I absolutely agree with Richie.

Already the community is confused about the existence of two different versions of Taviana not to mention the separation. It goes without saying that introducing yet another version wont exactly smooth things over.
So please do rationally consider the impact of releasing another branch.
Thanks for carefully thinking this over.
Btw: big fan of your version! :)

zombie shack. Can you place those suggestions on the dev page I mentioned?? Hicks opened the area now for you all to place in new tickets.

We previously ran a EU version server and one thing they did that we all really liked was the removal of dead bodies and the flies around and replaced them with a grave cross and all the loot on the ground for people to take within 60 minutes of the death/murder or simply to destroy the cross (equal to hiding the body) Is there something like this you could look at implementing?

It seemed nice at first but they only implemented this for performance reasons. Why would you force such an arbitrary timer on a player trying to retrieve his corpse? I am okay with the cross but please dont put it on a 60 minutes countdown rather than let it stay until restart.
What actually would be nice if you could implement carrying corpses over after restart. Numerous times we have fought prolonged battles and just when we decided it was safe to loot restart was incoming.
So my suggestions is this:
Either leave corpses/crosses for the restart to be removed or carry them over and put them on at least a 3hrs timer.

Thank you falcon911 yea with out logging into that site you cant create a ticket. so again thanks for putting them in for me as far as the map change that was the only thing i could think of in that area that tavi might benefit from but i didn't know how hard it would be to add that in.

Golden Desert Eagle? Oh come one!
While you are at it add CS skins and a nuke after 10 kills.
I know I am way over the top here but seriously though that clearly sends the wrong message.
Look at this server: 109.169.20.162:2302 | Forums: http://www.britishsergeantsmess.com/index.php/forum/72-public-dayz-forum
They have actually implemented a fair bunch of features that go nicely together with the original flair of DayZ.

Any infos on when me might actually start signing up at the project tracker to post or own suggestions directly?

More character skins would be good.

Can we get an update on this please? Seems like we've been waiting an age for an update...

Also, check the BSM server, the scripter there has added some amazing features, like explosive vests, ability to smelt scrap metal etc, and other features (ride goats!)

Got a few requests for some new guns not sure how easy or difficult they are to get added but variety is the spice of life right?

RH Pistol pack

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12800

It's about time Dayz had the Desert Eagle in there.
arma22009091512295035_4.png

RH SMG Pack
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13788

pdra7_4.jpg

L119A1 Pack
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15429

arma2oa2011071500112246_4.png

Maybe not all guns from each pack can be added but hopefully just a few can be added to the loot tables.

Some of these suggestions are great, new weapons adds much more variety

I know I am way over the top here but seriously though that clearly sends the wrong message.
Look at this server: 109.169.20.162:2302 | Forums: http://www.britishsergeantsmess.com/index.php/forum/72-public-dayz-forum
They have actually implemented a fair bunch of features that go nicely together with the original flair of DayZ.

Any infos on when me might actually start signing up at the project tracker to post or own suggestions directly?

It was simply an image not so much of a request for the Golden one, the pack i linked to has the DE in 3 skins Black would be fine;) but there are other pistols that could be implemented in that pack besides the DE.

Not for nuthin, but... Golden Desert Eagles are a gun, they do exist, so finding them in a "world" would not be rediculous or anything... not sure what people have against odd guns...

I'd rather look like a fool running around with a golden DE then to be dead on the ground eaten by zombies or shot unarmed w/o one lol.

Not for nuthin, but... Golden Desert Eagles are a gun, they do exist, so finding them in a "world" would not be rediculous or anything... not sure what people have against odd guns...

I'd rather look like a fool running around with a golden DE then to be dead on the ground eaten by zombies or shot unarmed w/o one lol.
I am just worried that implementation of such gimmicks puts the mod on the path of becoming an arcade shooter also know as "streamlining".

I guess my choice of image was not the greatest but as stated before i would want the black one included not the golden one for similar reasons as rusk says.

Also would like to have the guerilla cache as the tent deployable since it is easier to hide than the standard tent we have had for so long.
GuerillaCacheBox.jpg

Thanks, still can't post on development.taviana.com since i can not register:(

Back