DayZ Taviana 3.0 Update rolling changelist

Agreed the current spawns are terrible. No point in having the 2nd smaller island at the moment.

No they suck its Cherno/Electro all over again everybody goes to Sabina or Byelov and the West island is pointless

Map flow is one of the best things about default Taviana. There are choke points, quiet spots and it all works rather nicely. The first thing to put me off from a Taviana server is random spawns.

Map flow is one of the best things about default Taviana. There are choke points, quiet spots and it all works rather nicely. The first thing to put me off from a Taviana server is random spawns.

I agree^^

There is a sort of upward progression with the default spawn locations. A new spawn logs in and must travel some distance on foot before getting set up with the basics, and then moving on from there takes a bit of time and effort. True, one could lurk in Sabina, but in my months of experience hosting both Tavi versions, everyone is eventually bound for the barracks north of Martin to gear up and points north or northwest to get within the zone of heli crashes. Those in the know on 2.0 make a beeline for castle Nehkinay, as it also spawns high value military. I disagree that the western island is pointless, there are many good loot spawns there, and a player can dig in and gear up just as well as anywhere else.

im sick and tired of spawning in at byelov and boye ...
also every vehicle is gone from the south after a vehicle restart within minutes, because all the new spawns run to them and off they go and the south is then completely empty of ANY vehicle .. even the old bikes

Hicks great map I absolutely love it, I host a Tavi server =D. I and others feels like tavi could use some more trees and also adding a lot of pine tree with low branches. It's very hard to hide vehicles at the moment. I really hope you consider this!

Thanks!

You might want to talk to the actual creator of the map (Martin Bauer) about that. A bit of friendly advise would be to have your cheque book handy though :). Hicks ported the base DayZ code to Taviana. I assume such endeavors would need to be undertaken by the creator.

You might want to talk to the actual creator of the map (Martin Bauer) about that. A bit of friendly advise would be to have your cheque book handy though :). Hicks ported the base DayZ code to Taviana. I assume such endeavors would need to be undertaken by the creator.
talking to this guy is a huge hassle as proved by pwnzor in his thread he refuses to do anything for tavi as hes now part of GP and is working on origins instead of something lots of people enjoy. Something needs to be done about the lack of support for Tavi and maybe some one will bring the 1.7.7 port to tavi and make the map stronger and better

if he abandons the normal taviana map we all should be able to build upon it, WITHOUT having to pay him anything except a simple line saying "the taviana map was originally created by martin bauer, improved and built upon by - rest of the community that actually cares about dayztaviana"

You have everything you need as far as code in the client files and mission file for any MP game you've played...

As far as Martin/Taviana map, it's his he's still working on it, so you can think what you want.

I don't know where anyone gets the idea he wants money for use.

Taviana is used by 4 dif mods, and I haven't heard ANY of them accuse martin of asking for money.

You also might want to note that there are FOUR other mods based on the map... so you guys can make another all you want... I would HIGHLY recommend contacting people directly on BIS forums, TS, and or Skype to request permission officially FIRST...

That's how we've done it and it's worked out wonderfully so far. A little tedious, but not half as tedious as actually creating the content we're using.

As far as Martin/Taviana map, it's his he's still working on it, so you can think what you want.

Actually it's owned by GamersPlatoon now, go have a look at the cease and desist letters.

I don't know where anyone gets the idea he wants money for use.

Ersan (the owner of DayZ.ST) is on the record as saying they want royalties; DayZ.ST was in negotiations with them to host Origins for some time.

Taviana is used by 4 dif mods, and I haven't heard ANY of them accuse martin of asking for money.

I've been told (by the owner of GamersPlatoon) that they request royalties specifically so that they can give part of them to Martin.

You also might want to note that there are FOUR other mods based on the map... so you guys can make another all you want... I would HIGHLY recommend contacting people directly on BIS forums, TS, and or Skype to request permission officially FIRST...

If you want to work on Taviana get in touch with dayztaviana.com, although you won't be able to do modifications to the actual .pbo files that ship with Taviana.

Thanks for all the info! It's much clearer now.

I have mixed feelings about Marting/King/GamersPlatoon.

It only became possible because of the rampant un-requested use of other peoples assets...

As far as I know similar things have happened before with Arma 2 stuff, the author DOES have rights.

I actually just got the license agreement from BI for the source Sahrani Files we've recvd... it says no commercial exploit without prior consent from BI...

I have the overwhelming feeling if you were to show them you were selling lots of copies of A2 for your mod or assets... they would have zero problem with you profiting or sending C&D's to other people... although I doubt they would back anyone up on a lawsuit or sue on behalf of anyone but DayZ/Dean Hall.

Even there I'm guessing if he said he wanted to stop the use of DayZ Code in A2, they would tell him no way... all the other mods bring in just as much if not more than his original work did.

With "Mods" like Breaking Point and Epoch outright charging a $10-20 premium just for their files which are almost entirely NOT theirs... I don't see whats wrong with GP pushing server hosts to give them a kick back...

Origins is creating a draw for server managers, and if they want to profit off their servers BECAUSE they can rent Origins, then Origins deservers something...

I have ZERO problem with Origins putting managed server hosts over a barrel... they are profiting, as are a lot of the larger communities that are so desperate to host it on their private servers... I don't see why it's OK they profit having done basically not a goddam thing for the mod, but when someone who spent 2+ years with a team making a map wants some kick back for it, thats outrageous.

These mods don't have to be open.. I really want to use Project RACS in Sahrani, but Wld427 says only as a full package, and I can't mod the charaacters to make zombie skins... so... got to make our own... the end.

With "Mods" like Breaking Point and Epoch outright charging a $10-20 premium just for their files which are almost entirely NOT theirs... I don't see whats wrong with GP pushing server hosts to give them a kick back...

Before you go around spreading lies, let me tell you that DayZ Epoch has never charged for anything let alone charge for server files.

Back