DayZ v2.0 Pre-Release Open Testing!!

Yes they are independent but the probability of one of the items spawning within the class the 'bandage' is in is dependant on how many other items are in the same class. Lets say for example we have 16 items. If they are all set to a chance of 0.01, when approaching a loot spawn location the game will HAVE to spawn something so it's measure against the item of the highest value. So if one item is set to 0.02 that item will spawn a lot more than other items set at 0.01. So, if a million players do loot the loot spawn then most will find the item set at 0.02. That's how it works. Trust me, keep playing and you "should" (fingers crossed) find more bandages than most other items if you play long enough and cautiously enough.

P.S. there's a whole convoluted math equation I formulated but will take ages to go in depth. As the formula is also dependant on how 'many' items there are in the class. I'll catch you later on Skype dude and can talk about it better and more in-depth.

No deployable save on my test server. Hiveext debug record error. Same here?
bump error for all deployable :
2013-03-10 19:23:25 HiveExt: [Error] Error executing |CHILD:308:1:tent2017:432:[110,[9985.23,8746.25,0.00534058]]:99852874630110:|

my opinion on the new 2017 release.
love the way the weapons are are rare, and ammo is rare.
Bandages way too hard too find.
Havent found a single jerry can after 1hour and a half of playing. Checking 10+ barns and 6 industrial buildings

I had a double barreled shotgun , picked up a slug, wouldnt let me reload it or fire it. Presumed this was a winchester slug, but there was no marking or writing too tell me it was a winchester slug. So very confusing :p
And thanks shinkicker and the team for all your hard work :)

after blowing up about 2017 servers being set up with all of the arcade game style settings people can put on it (this is a realism mod, so this is just nuts to me lol), i tried to lay low. i'm mentally unstable so i flip sometimes... so yah, i appologise. at any rate, i think i have a possible idea to help with this bandage issue. is there a way to create a new item? say, a bandage bundle sort of thing? like an ACE bandage. they come in a small roll. i recon one of these in game could be good for several healings as it were. as a result of having the one item last much longer than a single bandage the low spawn rate for it could perhaps be negated to some extent. reading the obove discussion on the matter popped the idea into my head. if i manage to only find one bandage in a long time playing, i am basically guaranteed to be dead at some point soon after i use my only bandage. however, if that one find i had was a bandage "roll" or what-have-you, i am in good shape still after needing to bandage the one time. it sounds to me that the loot rates and rarity issue is a tough nut to crack for the modders. perhaps the answer lies elsewhere... just sharing a brain-fart. thanks for the work guys! good luck with the real world and your game shin.

player was teleported after logout/signin. I think its the same bug as
18:04:45 "ERROR: server_playerSync: Cannot Sync Player [PredRec] Skullnow [406]. Position in debug! [2621.49,6518.38,70.0624]"

my opinion on the new 2017 release.
love the way the weapons are are rare, and ammo is rare.
Bandages way too hard too find.
Havent found a single jerry can after 1hour and a half of playing. Checking 10+ barns and 6 industrial buildings

I had a double barreled shotgun , picked up a slug, wouldnt let me reload it or fire it. Presumed this was a winchester slug, but there was no marking or writing too tell me it was a winchester slug. So very confusing :p
And thanks shinkicker and the team for all your hard work :)
As I understand it, shotguns will only fire pellets now - more damage (2000/pellet with 8 pellets/ shell = potentially 16000 damage vs. 4200 per slug), but you've got to be closer to get more pellets on the person. The Winchester, which isn't really a shotgun anyway, will fire a slug. So, if it's red, a shotgun will fire it... if it's green, it won't.

Animals are still way too common imo , played some before and in the space of about 20 minutes i found a cow and a boar and i wasnt even looking , thats enough food for probably my characters entire life :p.
So i think one of the goals was too patch this too make it actually hard to get food so its more survival based so this kinda makes that obsolete.
Think i should maybe see 1 animal if im lucky(Boar,goat,cow in that order maybe) in about 40 minutes of gameplay , but lots of rabbits so its actually skill based hunting, makes shotguns with pellets very useful.

You may find that changing once people realize they don't have bloodbags anymore. If you're on a low pop server, it may seem like there are more... The more people on a server, the more demand for resources - especially now that meat is now the only way to get your blood back up quickly.

I think they should change the values so rabbit meat gives loads of hp (6k)?, e.g people would have to hunt these rabbits for hp and food resources and majorly reduce the spawns of all the other animals, cows virtually non existant (slow,solitary animal, zombies would of eaten them) goats and boars are rare, but not non existant , and rabbits are thriving cause of the abundance of food and lack of predators.
so people would go on sort of cycle (Find ammo, loot,supplies) go hunting for food, sleep , and repeat.
Also i think a replacement for a crash site can be, a broken down smoking car , with a dead survivor or two and maybe 1 random 2017 weapon, some ammo, and maybe medical supplies.

Also a bug/feature ive found is that if you have the crowbar, you can use it by pressing f, even when you have your winchester out and your character doesnt do an animation too change it, it just uses the weapon as the animation, so my character starts hitting zombies with his winchester.
It looks pritty cool and works really well as a weapon mellee , dont remove it please :p.

I think they should change the values so rabbit meat gives loads of hp (6k)?, e.g people would have to hunt these rabbits for hp and food resources and majorly reduce the spawns of all the other animals, cows virtually non existant (slow,solitary animal, zombies would of eaten them) goats and boars are rare, but not non existant , and rabbits are thriving cause of the abundance of food and lack of predators.

Lord, I hope they don't. The zeds don't eat the animals (it would be cool if they did, but they don't.)

Honestly I think you guys should keep the bandages rare and go back to no starting bandage. It's what makes 2017 stand out the brutality of it all.

I think people are just to accustomed to a certain play style in Dayz. The chance of bleeding out early in a characters life makes it that much more exciting to play. Everyone has their opinions on what Dayz should be that's why these different mods are important. If people want a easier dayz experience their are plenty of different versions out there or things that could be modded on top of what you guys have. Keep the Vanilla 2017 BRUTAL

I don't think the idea was to make bandages common... everything should be harder to find than in vanilla DayZ; but there's a difference between rare and virtually non-existent - which is what they were before this change. I'm excited to see how the adjustment plays out. :)

I like the changes from v1 to v2. Is there a specific place you would like feedback given on the builds?

Also, thanks to Shinkicker for working on such a great mod. I have definitely enjoyed it.

Back