DayZ Whitelister Pro Plus

Could you list some of the features of Gotcha that I could perhaps look at implementing? I'm always looking to make the whitelister more functional.

Also, I'll be uploading the console application either tomorrow or the day after. I've got a few other things I'm working on at the moment (non DayZ related) and haven't had much time to work on it.

At the risk of sounding daft, what's the console version ?

The list of features I like in Gotcha:
  • Ability to switch between log views, i.e just chat, just vehicle log, just remoteexec etc...
  • Timed messages (they don't support the "every hour" or "every 10, 20, 30 mins" option though, maybe you could beat them to it. at the moment you can only specify a specific time per message..)
  • Being able to open the GUID list and right click to remove. I think with yours I had to cut and paste it into the remove GUID option, or go into the database and do it manually.
  • Send email to specified email address on server down or hacker detected.
  • Give a welcome message to completely new players on joining.
  • Antihack (though I'm not sure if it actually works ) .
  • Items black lister, with a Ban or Kick feature .
  • Chat filter to the admin if specific keywords are detected.
  • Kick lobby idlers..
  • Teleport detection.
  • Add/remove ban list (think yours already had this?)
If yours had any of these and I've overlooked them, then please accept my apologies. One feature that I miss about your app that Gotcha doesn't have, is the user joining message. That was always handy! Would it be possible to have that show up as sidechat Blue text instead of Red Admin text?
Thanks again for keeping up the development on this tool. That list above is just a list of things I like about Gotcha. Even if you added just a few of those things to your tool I'd probably come back, for me it's just about making my admin life a little easier that's all. The less apps I have open the better :D

everything works for me, except the .whitelist kick, people are not getting kicked, I do not close the application at all, it auto connects everytime the server restarts, so I am not sure if it needs to be restarted in order for it to work.

Hi,

I've just installed this to my system, but the .exe crashes whenever I try to load it. Just; DayzWhitelistProPlus has stopped working.

I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit and my system is stable and has the hardware to cope with running this in addition to any other programs i'm running at the time. Any ideas?

Hi,

I've just installed this to my system, but the .exe crashes whenever I try to load it. Just; DayzWhitelistProPlus has stopped working.

I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit and my system is stable and has the hardware to cope with running this in addition to any other programs i'm running at the time. Any ideas?

Install .net 4.5 ?

• Ability to switch between log views, i.e just chat, just vehicle log, just remoteexec etc...
  • Timed messages (they don't support the "every hour" or "every 10, 20, 30 mins" option though, maybe you could beat them to it. at the moment you can only specify a specific time per message..)
  • Being able to open the GUID list and right click to remove. I think with yours I had to cut and paste it into the remove GUID option, or go into the database and do it manually.
  • Kick lobby idlers..
  • Teleport detection.
If yours had any of these and I've overlooked them, then please accept my apologies. One feature that I miss about your app that Gotcha doesn't have, is the user joining message. That was always handy! Would it be possible to have that show up as sidechat Blue text instead of Red Admin text?
Thanks again for keeping up the development on this tool. That list above is just a list of things I like about Gotcha. Even if you added just a few of those things to your tool I'd probably come back, for me it's just about making my admin life a little easier that's all. The less apps I have open the better :D

At this point, this would be going far and above the duty of a whitelist program. You complain about a DB error on dayz.st and quite frankly I don't know what you are talking about as a dayz.st server owner myself. I would be more than happy to assist with your errors since I have mastered this version on dayz.st.

Cheers for the suggestions. I'll address each one below.

• These options should be easily added and I'll look at getting them in place for the next update
  • BEC can handle this, but I could possibly work it in
  • I like this and I'll definitely be looking into implementing a GUID browser of sort
  • This is already implemented. It uses the defined 'welcome message' with '[NEW PLAYER]' appended to identify new players to the server (Version 1.2)
  • As Excelsior said, this is going beyond what a whitelist application should accomplish and to be honest I just don't have the time to create a anti-hack feature
  • Same as the previous
  • Could you elaborate on this?
  • Kick lobby idlers..
  • Can be accomplished with BEC
  • Teleport detection.
  • Same as previous anti-hack suggestions
  • This is something I may port over from the RCon client that I'm also working on.

With regards to the welcome messages showing as blue side channel text, I don't believe this is possible as it would have to be sent from a player within the server whereas my messages are sent using the RCon 'say' command.

Again, thanks for the suggestions and I'll be sure to implement the ones I mentioned when I have some time.

Install .net 4.5 ?

Perfect. I did a fresh OS install not too long ago.

This seems to be running well so far. I like the implemented features, but the key factor here is that it doesn't kick whitelisted players at random like the other whitelist applications I've tried.

Hi Dean. As previously mentioned I actually prefer to use one application instead of multiple for the job in hand. Fortunately for me Gotcha does just that, and even though people mock its performance, I could say the same about every other rcon or anticheat tool I've used to date (they all have their good and poor points).

The white list for me is just an extra bonus, before I used your tool I was using Rcon Commander, which doesn't support white listing. I only started using your client because like I said in my initial message "it looks really cool". I also said that I didn't expect you to put ALL those features in, that I would be happy with just a few of them. You asked what I liked about Gotcha , I answered .

As for the database error, this was before you updated I think and I've not tried the fix. Mainly because I'm now using Gotcha, it works and I don't feel the need to go back, as Gotcha has everything I need. Right now the only thing missing with Gotcha is a decent message timer.

You ask what I meant by "key word notifier for admins" . With Gotcha is a user uses the word "hacker" or "admin" it flashes up on my screen (those words are just examples, they can be changed), so even if I'm not in the game users can still get my attention (it's not perfect, but has worked most of the time so far).

Again, I totally understand your product is a white lister. I actually only commented to say how cool I thought it was , as it is. So if people are just looking for a white lister, then yes, this is the product for them. On a sidenote, I emailed you a couple of times with the database issue and in my last email offered to let you log into my pc using teamviewer,which is what I do with my clients when fixing php and mysql issues. But you never got back to me, so I assumed you were to busy or felt my problem wasn't worth the effort :)

Imho , a white lister alone isn't going to make much ground if Gotcha gets much better. They are even talking about implementing features for a shared database, so multiple admins for the same server don't have to keep sharing the guid list. Which is what yours does right now, and when that happens I'm not budging.

Don't be pissed at me for speaking my mind, this is how I am and I can't apologise for it (remember, I like your tool a lot, but I just have something now that does more). I'm a business man myself and have to listen to shit from clients every day (i'd prefer they said what they were thinking than quietly slink off to another product), but as a plugin developer for wordpress I either try and keep up with the feature requests or lose my clients to someone who can.

Seriously, good luck and as my original post said "your product is by far the coolest 'white lister' I've used to date" , still :p

At this point, this would be going far and above the duty of a whitelist program. You complain about a DB error on dayz.st and quite frankly I don't know what you are talking about as a dayz.st server owner myself. I would be more than happy to assist with your errors since I have mastered this version on dayz.st.

So just because 40% of Windows users don't have any issues with the Operating System, does that mean the other 60% are all doing something wrong? I have a strong belief that as IT professionals we need to drop the "have you turned it off and on again" attitude towards problems and users, and actually roll our sleeves up a little more. Yes, 5 out of 10 usrers in my experience are complete cretins, but the rest are just unfortunate and if I just spend a little time looking at their individual issues, I might actually end up fixing it for the other 4 out of 10 as well (that group that never complain because they can't be bothered or are afraid I'll tell them it's their problem, not mine) ;)

The guy from DayZInvetory Editor used my business approach with me, which was refreshing. I said it wasn't loading my database after his update and he insisted at first that I'm doing something wrong. Then he asked if he could Teamview with me. After about 2 hours of looking at the dayz.st databaes and his code, he realised he'd not accounted for the world ID or something. He was actually very grateful I'd mentioned this problem and let him work on it with me. He also listened to my suggestions and has started implementing some of them. (not wanting to blow my own trumpet, but imagine how many more are probably using his software now that it works properly ? and I wonder how many more were just dropping his application for something else instead of doing what I did and asking him to look at the issue! Up until that point he was pretty sure his update was fine.)

The guy from TSW took the other route with me. I sent email after email telling him about issues that were making his program unusable for me. Then email after email from him telling me that it's my computer and not his software blah blah blah.. So after 2 weeks of this (you can only argue so much with this type of person) I call him out on here, the review was harsh but only because of how he'd treated me as an actual paying customer.. I go on to get flamed by someone who apparently isn't having these issues, only to see right at the end of the thread that the TSW developer himself saying "those issues have mostly been fixed in my recent update" , but wait, he said it was all my problem not his. But now he's actually saying, those issues are now fixed? oh well, screw him because that was the best 10 eurors spent ever, now I know never to trust him again and everyone I speak to about rcon tools etc, will hear what a shite product his was for me and what a shitty attitude he has towards his paying clients. (Should have gone to business school)

I've had people tell me they don't mention software issues to their other developers because they're sick of being told "you must be doing something wrong" all the time. Imagine how many people are doing that for this product? Just a thought, that's all. Glad it works for you ;)

Hi Dean. As previously mentioned I actually prefer to use one application instead of multiple for the job in hand. Fortunately for me Gotcha does just that, and even though people mock its performance, I could say the same about every other rcon or anticheat tool I've used to date (they all have their good and poor points).

The white list for me is just an extra bonus, before I used your tool I was using Rcon Commander, which doesn't support white listing. I only started using your client because like I said in my initial message "it looks really cool". I also said that I didn't expect you to put ALL those features in, that I would be happy with just a few of them. You asked what I liked about Gotcha , I answered .

As for the database error, this was before you updated I think and I've not tried the fix. Mainly because I'm now using Gotcha, it works and I don't feel the need to go back, as Gotcha has everything I need. Right now the only thing missing with Gotcha is a decent message timer.

You ask what I meant by "key word notifier for admins" . With Gotcha is a user uses the word "hacker" or "admin" it flashes up on my screen (those words are just examples, they can be changed), so even if I'm not in the game users can still get my attention (it's not perfect, but has worked most of the time so far).

Again, I totally understand your product is a white lister. I actually only commented to say how cool I thought it was , as it is. So if people are just looking for a white lister, then yes, this is the product for them. On a sidenote, I emailed you a couple of times with the database issue and in my last email offered to let you log into my pc using teamviewer,which is what I do with my clients when fixing php and mysql issues. But you never got back to me, so I assumed you were to busy or felt my problem wasn't worth the effort :)

Imho , a white lister alone isn't going to make much ground if Gotcha gets much better. They are even talking about implementing features for a shared database, so multiple admins for the same server don't have to keep sharing the guid list. Which is what yours does right now, and when that happens I'm not budging.

Don't be pissed at me for speaking my mind, this is how I am and I can't apologise for it (remember, I like your tool a lot, but I just have something now that does more). I'm a business man myself and have to listen to shit from clients every day (i'd prefer they said what they were thinking than quietly slink off to another product), but as a plugin developer for wordpress I either try and keep up with the feature requests or lose my clients to someone who can.

Seriously, good luck and as my original post said "your product is by far the coolest 'white lister' I've used to date" , still :p

I'm not at all pissed at you for expressing your opinions, it's what I asked for and I welcome any constructive criticism thrown my way. This is just a tool that I, initially, was going to use myself, but figured I may as well share it with others as I found it very handy.

Also, sorry about not getting back to you. I made the foolish mistake of using my actual email address and it's hard keeping track of all the emails I'm getting from people regarding my whitelister/website/dayz server.

I'll continue developing the whitelister because I enjoy knowing people are making good use of it. And like I said, I'll be attempting to implement the features you suggested into the next update. I also do like the idea of the keyword notifier and I may implement this into the whitelister. I don't think I'd find much use for it myself as I run the application on one of my servers instead of my desktop. But I think this is something I'd like to build into my RCon client for sure.

Again, thanks for the input :)

Since my previous post in this topic I've been using only this software for whitelisting, and it's great! The only issue I have encountered so far is the welcome message not always working. It's not a big deal, but it would be nice to have it on all the time.

The weirdest thing about this is that it's so inconsistent as to when it will and won't work. It seems that it works for a period of time, then when the server gets too busy it stops working. If I turn the message off then on again I get nothing. If I restart the software there often seems to be no difference. Then again, these methods can sometimes (but rarely) resolve the issue - I'm having a hard time finding what works and what doesn't. Does anyone have any advice? Maybe I'm doing something wrong at my end.

I run mine on a VSD at a remote location that ONLY runs Gotcha and v1.1 of this program. No issues as of yet. Maybe its the machine you are running it on?

Am I missing something? I just installed this on my webserver, but there's no login procedure. Anyone could bring up the URL and add people to the whitelist or turn them on or off...

Not sure what i did wrong but i installed this using the dayz .st database version and i can't seem to update the custom messages. When someone is kicked it gives the default info. When someone joins it just says Welcome "Blank". I have changed the messages but when i go back to the settings they are deleted. and back at "not working"

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    9.3 KB · Views: 20
This sounds like it is not writing a config or ini file. Try editing that directly instead.

**EDIT

I re-downloaded it and found the files needed thank you!

When i open the folder where it installed all i have is the one click application. I have no config.ini folder. Do you have one you could send me? Preferably with the info already there that i can edit. thanks in advance!

Back