DayZ Whitelister Pro Plus

sorry my post was more so meant for the guy a couple posts back i should have quoted.

that is a bit weird i have never really had any issue running a 32 bit app on a 64 bit os typically both are compatible. I would make sure your files are not corrupt maybe try downloading the source again.
Im using a 32 bit system

i believe it would have to run on every server currently the application only handles a single rcon connection. I beleive if you where using a central database though it would work with a single whitelist over multiple servers if that is what you are trying to achieve?

I'm an idiot. Looks like I can just simply launch a second application and change the settings to match the port of my other server.

Is this compatible with bliss 4.0? Latest schema .28?
I am able to set it up and it logs in properly to the rcon, but any type of white listing functionality isn't working.

I created a "whitelist" list database. I edited per instructions.
I then ran the sql and it created 3 tables along with 6 additional function/procedures in the whitelist database.

In the program settings i set "whitelist" as the table and appropriate user/pass

When i start hte program it does not kick anyone for not being whitelisted. I turn the option on and off and no one is kicked.

I have tried to add a user to the white list and receive a procedure erorr even though i can clearly see the proc in hte functions talbe.. any ideas?

"MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Procedure or function '`proc_AddWhiteListed`' cannot be found in database '`whitelist`'.
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.ProcedureCache.GetProcData(MySqlConnection connection, String spName)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.ProcedureCache.AddNew(MySqlConnection connection, String spName)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.ProcedureCache.GetProcedure(MySqlConnection conn, String spName, String cacheKey)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.StoredProcedure.GetParameters(String procName, DataTable& proceduresTable, DataTable& parametersTable)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.StoredProcedure.CheckParameters(String spName)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.StoredProcedure.Resolve(Boolean preparing)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
at DayzWhitelistProPlus.frmMain.addPlayer(DayzClient client) Added Player to whitelist 0 : (guid removed) - (user removed)

This Whitelister uses a separate database from Bliss, so it shouldn't matter what scheme version you are using. It should just work.

Dean, I have a few requests, which I hope you can implement quickly.

1. Can you make an option to add all players to the database, but not have them approved (which it current does by default). When I select "Turn Whitelist Off" and "Add new players when whitelist is disabled" it adds players to the database, BUT it also sets the "whitelist enabled" to yes, which I do not want. Essentially, I just want the option to "log all player GUIDs to database". I can then use "whitelistadmin" web tool (created by deadfred666 I think) to go through and enable all the players I want.
  2. Can you package your app into an executable please, and are there any start-up parameter switches we can use? I want to make it a FireDaemon service and have it connect on start-up, with other options such as "turn whitelist off", etc. Currently I cannot run more than one instance of this app.
  3. When whitelist is turned off and it adds new players, it will create duplicate entries if the player has had "whitelist enabled" changed from 1 to 0. It should only match the GUID's I would think.
  4. I would like to have a settings file for each server. Not sure where the RCON and DB settings are currently stored. Is it in the registry? I would rather see it in a XML file for easy editing, and supporting multiple servers and database hosts.
  5. An extra optional field for each record would be handy, simply called "Comments", where we can add notes about the player or GUID in that record.
  6. It might be useful to also have another field later on, with a time expiration. So players are whitelisted until that timestamp is reached, then their whitelist status is changed to disabled. This would help 'pay-to-play' servers.

Is there any way I can auto-reconnect whilst afk? My server reboots twice during the time that I'm away from it and so the whitelister isn't functional during those hours. :(

EDIT: Leaving it open across restarts allows it reconnect, my bad. :)

This Whitelister uses a separate database from Bliss, so it shouldn't matter what scheme version you are using. It should just work.

Thanks for the attempt but everything you just said helped absolutely ZERO.

It should just work is not a trouble shooting technique I can employ right now, as it does not for me.

I outlined the steps i took to help trouble shoot my problem and the error message i am receiving when attempting to add new players.
I read the whole thread and didn't see any similar issues so i was wondering if this was unique to me, a known bug or maybe a new one? Still haven't had any success.

Did you try different settings to help troubleshoot the issue?​
You can turn the white-list on and off (i.e kick players or don't kick).​
You can make it auto-add new players that join, while white-list is off.​
Maybe try that, and see if it is actually showing players that connect with "verified" and if those names/GUIDs are being written to the database.​
If not, it's possibly a write permission issue. So it might also have troubles reading the records for kicking players.​
I found syntax issues when I tried to import the database using SQL script with MySQL Workbench (using query windows). I used the Import/Export area under User Management. (I forget the exact names).​
If installing on a dedicated server, also try installing on your own PC and testing.​

Hi, tried to use this as it looks rather neat, more options than the current one I am using but it crashes all the time and I can't get it to work.

At first I tried a remote DB but then installed mysql locally, not that it would make any difference but I kept the database as "whitelist" and the username as "dayz", it can connect to the DB fine and add in users to the list.

OS is windows 2008 R2, .NET 4.5 in on and up to date.

I constantly get errors such as Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: dayzwhitelistproplus.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 509e74e8
Problem Signature 04: System.Windows.Forms
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.17929
Problem Signature 06: 4ffa5c0e
Problem Signature 07: 79b
Problem Signature 08: 23
Problem Signature 09: System.ObjectDisposedException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: d745
Additional Information 2: d7451c0e8fe1fa0f6a63e56a1d6c16a0
Additional Information 3: ffcb
Additional Information 4: ffcbc92c513e06e26c4ad163d6a900c4

I developed something similar for my community, and this is my tip:

An evil BEUID can be injected and bypass this kind of whitelist, check that the BEUID are have a valid md5 string.

I have a clean PHP file that can be easy added to bliss admin, if you want it you PM me.

Good work.

i believe it would have to run on every server currently the application only handles a single rcon connection. I beleive if you where using a central database though it would work with a single whitelist over multiple servers if that is what you are trying to achieve?

If in the future the application is able to handle multiple servers I will definitely replace my current whitelist solution I have with this one here. That has been the one big thing that has been bugging me ever since.

Hi there Dean,

It'd be nice if you could advance your Whitelister App. Add some service parameters. IP, Port, DBIP, Port, PW, etc.
It'd be nice to be able to run this as a windows service rather than having several windows open, clearly it would also help with app crashes and it automatically restarting.

Hi guys, thanks for all the suggestions. I have some time booked off of work next week so I'll be able to do some more work on the whitelister. I'll definitely look at turning this into a windows service and also implement a few more suggestions that were posted here. I'll keep you all updated here when I release a new version.
Cheers.

If you do create a service application - you'll also need some sort of console control e.g. rcon.

P.S. I love the look of your whitelist page, could you send me some info via pm on it please :D
Also keep getting some Application Crashes: Event Viewer;

Code:
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>0</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-11-23T14:34:31.000Z" />
  <EventRecordID>133627</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>DELL-R-SERIES</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Application: DayzWhitelistProPlus.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.ObjectDisposedException Stack: at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle() at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.CreateHandle() at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle() at System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox.get_TextLength() at DayzWhitelistProPlus.RichTextBoxExtensions.AppendText(System.Windows.Forms.RichTextBox, System.String, System.Drawing.Color) at DayzWhitelistProPlus.frmMain.doDisconnect(System.String) at DayzWhitelistProPlus.frmMain.Disconnected(BattleNET.BattlEyeDisconnectEventArgs) at BattleNET.BattlEyeClient.OnDisconnect(BattleNET.BattlEyeLoginCredentials, BattleNET.EBattlEyeDisconnectionType) at BattleNET.BattlEyeClient.Disconnect(BattleNET.EBattlEyeDisconnectionType) at BattleNET.BattlEyeClient.DoWork() at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Another Error after launch.
Code:
PLATFORM VERSION INFO
    Windows            : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
    Common Language Runtime    : 4.0.30319.269
    System.Deployment.dll        : 4.0.30319.245 (RTMGDR.030319-2400)
    clr.dll            : 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
    dfdll.dll            : 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    dfshim.dll            : 4.0.31106.0 (Main.031106-0000)

SOURCES
    Deployment url            : file:///C:/DayZ_Whitelister/DayzWhitelistProPlus.application

ERROR SUMMARY
    Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
    * Activation of C:\DayZ_Whitelister\DayzWhitelistProPlus.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
        + Exception reading manifest from file:///C:/DayZ_Whitelister/DayzWhitelistProPlus.application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
        + Manifest XML signature is not valid.
        + SignatureDescription could not be created for the signature algorithm supplied.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
    No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
    There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
    * [11/24/2012 12:17:38 AM] : Activation of C:\DayZ_Whitelister\DayzWhitelistProPlus.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
    Following errors were detected during this operation.
    * [11/24/2012 12:17:38 AM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestParse)
        - Exception reading manifest from file:///C:/DayZ_Whitelister/DayzWhitelistProPlus.application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
        - Source: System.Deployment
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
            at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirectBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
            at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
        --- Inner Exception ---
        System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (SignatureValidation)
        - Manifest XML signature is not valid.
        - Source: System.Deployment
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.ValidateSignature(Stream s)
            at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
        --- Inner Exception ---
        System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException
        - SignatureDescription could not be created for the signature algorithm supplied.
        - Source: System.Security
        - Stack trace:
            at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedXml.CheckSignedInfo(AsymmetricAlgorithm key)
            at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedXml.CheckSignature(AsymmetricAlgorithm key)
            at System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.SignedXml.CheckSignatureReturningKey(AsymmetricAlgorithm& signingKey)
            at System.Deployment.Internal.CodeSigning.SignedCmiManifest.Verify(CmiManifestVerifyFlags verifyFlags)
            at System.Deployment.Application.Manifest.AssemblyManifest.ValidateSignature(Stream s)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
    No transaction information is available.

Ah... it seems you've compiled it using .Net4.5 dependencies...
Maybe add Prerequisites to main page '.Net4.5'

Also your href on the source link is wrong.

Back