DayZPriv Out of Business

Ain't this some sh!t? Just as I get my server running how I like it, this happens.

Press Release
Dissolution of DayZ Priv a division of G40 Hosting

January 23rd - 2014 - State of Oregon

G40 Hosting has decided to close its DayZ Priv division on January 22nd 2014 after operating as a division for just over a year.

Barry Engle and Quinton Delpeche took the decision after Tim Grabner notified the primary members of his intention to resign from G40 Hosting. After consultation amongst the primary members, it was decided that G40 Hosting would not be able to continue to operate effectively and therefore the primary members initiated the process of dissolution of G40 Hosting.

All recurring payments have been cancelled and customers will be formally notified of the dissolution of DayZ Priv. No new services will be sold. We apologize for any inconvenience during this time and are doing our best to ensure that this transition goes smoothly.

If any person needs any kind of information related to our business, please contact us at – [email protected]

Yep, same here. Just got our server running smooth! Lovely performance then boom. Dead server.

Lovely business practice, not informing anyone prior so we could set up alternative hosts for our databases.

Paypal dispute will get any money back you've paid them, just link to to Dayz priv website to verify the claim.

Not surprised to be honest. Their quality and support has been horrible for the past half year. Used to be awesome though, but i think that was only when Tim was with them.

Paypal dispute will get any money back you've paid them, just link to to Dayz priv website to verify the claim.

The notice claims they are just not accepting new orders, and I assume that means finishing out the month for current customers.

If they immediately stopped service that's pretty shady.

Bummer to hear, its a shame, but doesn't surprise me. Well, I never did care for Tim's pompus demeanor towards me and a couple other guys I hung with when admining/coding for a gaming community I belonged to. He would come onto our TeamSpeak server asking us to do this, that and whatever for him and we didn't even work for the guy. After Priv axed the DayZCC/Epoch changer for their servers because one of the owners, the one that did most if not all the coding and integration, failed to provide any further updates to the tools, I figured the company wouldn't last long after that. There was no plan to invest into TCadmin, other than creating some poorly coded little console app where half the functions didn't work. There was only one guy from Priv that I respected, that put up with the bull$hit, busted his a$$ working most of the support tickets, and rarely got payed for his services because they didn't have enough subscribers to get "his cut" (other than maybe having a couple free servers through them) walked away before all this went down. He's a good guy, just a shame he got shafted for so long. I know this for a fact because he would rant about the "BS" he had to deal with and I know he's not the type that would make this crap up.

From what I heard, and I don't know for sure, but one of the three owners/head honchos ran off with all the money and that was basically the beginning of the end. I'm sure there will be some sort of response to my post, stating I'm completely incorrect as to what really happen, however I could care less and it really doesn't matter at this juncture. What matters is Priv was primitive and it was only a matter of time.

I probably wouldn't have bothered to post my thoughts about Priv going under, however seeing they didn't provide any sort of advanced warning other than a "blam" notification on their site pisses me off. They could have easily continued service for the rest of the month (granted is was towards the end) as I'm sure the DC leases were paid up.

Last edited:
Back