Decay problem (Walls disappearing)

DrHat

Hi there!

We (Kanium) have a server hosted by Vilayer.

We're in a bewilderment, what script/file is actually responsible for deleting stuff? Like, what is actually doing this? (I can't find any events in the database)We've updated our server and lost the ability to maintain structures..but that isn't the important part. The important part is we tried turning decay off ENTIRELY (CleanupPlacedAfterDays = -1) and walls are still decaying like nobody's business.

We're also aware of this guy:

Code:
DROP EVENT IF EXISTS setDamageOnAge;
CREATE EVENT setDamageOnAge
    ON SCHEDULE EVERY 1 DAY
    COMMENT 'This sets damage on a wall so that it can be maintained'
    DO
      UPDATE `object_data` SET `Damage`=0.1 WHERE `ObjectUID` <> 0 AND `CharacterID` <> 0 AND `Datestamp` < DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 3 DAY) AND ( (`Inventory` IS NULL) OR (`Inventory` = '[]') )

We haven't done the above yet out of being puzzled, since we turned the decay OFF! ENTIRELY! o_O

We've even updated the dateStamp in the database to be the current date, which should in theory give us more time, and shit is still disappearing left and right. It is as if we can't stop the server from deleting structures. HELP! :(

Same issue as you and same hosting (Vilayers).

Are you having a problem with the server time I am setting the server to restart every 4hrs but it is still losing time, sometimes it is 5 minute and sometime it is about 1hr if not more.

The code you have put in still does not alter anything as I have tried that as well.

I restart server login to game and correct time but then it starts losing.

Same issue as you and same hosting (Vilayers).

Are you having a problem with the server time I am setting the server to restart every 4hrs but it is still losing time, sometimes it is 5 minute and sometime it is about 1hr if not more.

The code you have put in still does not alter anything as I have tried that as well.

I restart server login to game and correct time but then it starts losing.

We are having some weird issues with the server restarting before it is supposed to and not properly displaying the warning messages. Although I haven't checked with the guy who pays for it, if he fixed this yet.

Our main issue is DayZ deleting our bases and we can't figure out why.

yeh, same here.

I have players who have built bases but with a couple of days they have gone, I have been in touch with Vilayers and waiting feedback from them.

The time issue advice is to set the server time to account for the drop, but how can I do that when the server restarts the time is correct but as it goes through it start to drop. One thing I am looking at which has just been mentioned is the FPS drops to about 5 and sometimes to -1. So looking to see if this could effect anything.

just had a reply from Vilayers and they put the Cleanup in the wrong place here is a copy of mine which Vilayers is saying is now correct. Even though they put it in place in to start off with.

Code:
;This is a comment
;Comments above a certain setting will provide it's description

;The format for a setting is
;Variable = Value

;If you see a commented line of that form, it means that the setting is optional, and the Value shows the default
;To change from the default, simply uncomment the line and change the Value

[Time]
Type = Custom
Offset = 0

[Database]
;Currently, only MySQL is supported
Type = #####
;Hostname or IP of the server to connect to
Host = #####
;Port to connect to. The default is the default listening port of a server of the selected Type
;Instead of specifying Port, you can specify Socket and set Value to the socket name
Port = #####
;Database name to connect to.
Database = #####
;Username to connect with
Username = #####
;Password to authenticate with (default is blank)
Password = #####

[Characters]
;The field name that Player's IDs are stored in (unique per game license)
;IDField = PlayerUID
;The field name that Player's World Position and rotation is stored in
;Enables you to run multiple different maps (different instances) off the same character table
;WSField = Worldspace

;Negative values will disable this feature
;0 means that ALL empty placed items will be deleted every server restart
;A positive number is how old (in days) a placed empty item must be, in order for it to be deleted

[Objects]
;Flag indicating whether hiveext should detect vehicles out of map boundaries (X < 0, or Y > 15360) and reset their position to []
;Note: YOU MUST have a proper dayz_server.pbo that supports this feature, otherwise you will get script errors
;You can find that file under the SQF directory for your server version
;ResetOOBObjects = false

;EPOCH SETTINGS
;Which table should the objects be stored and fetched from
;Table = Object_DATA

;A positive number is how old (in days) a placed empty item must be, in order for it to be deleted
CleanupPlacedAfterDays = 30

[ObjectDB]
;Setting this to true separates the Object fetches from the Character fetches
;That means that the Object Table must be on this other database
;Use = false

;The settings here have the same meaning as in [Database], and are only used if the setting above is set to true
;Type = #####
;Host = #####
;Port = #####
;Database = #####
;Username = #####
;Password = ######

hope this helps, it should work once you have restarted your computer.

As for my time issue they have said this
"The time in Arma can act funny as you add more scripts to the server. The more processing the engine has to do it can slow down time. I see you are running a load of scripts on your server so it's likely slowing down time by a lot. As of now the server has been running for about 2 hours and the time is about 1 hour behind. If you check your time immediately after a restart you should find it's correct. I just tested this on another Epoch server on the same node and the time is bang on. This shows it's isolated to your server.

There's really nothing we can do to fix this. You can try removing your scripts and adding them back a couple at a time to see if you can narrow down which one is having the largest impact on server time."

I checked the HiveExt.ini on our (Kanium's) Epoch server and what you posted willidshome, is identical minus, this section between [characters] and [objects]...

Which I believe is irrelevant for what we're talking about here anyway. And we have our CleanupPlacedAfterDays = 60. Other than that they are identical, I made a slight adjustment and going to test.

The time issue was me needing to compensate for the time adjustment due to daylight savings time where I am located/the server is based from. I have been watching this and everything seems to line up fine w/o a hitch now.

Sorry to ressurect such an old thread, but I wondered if you ever got to the bottom of this - I also have the setting to -1, in the correct section of the config file, but my server is also munching through my players bases bit by bit and I'm at the tearing my hair out stage. I have a bunch of things installed but when compared to some servers not that much; a few custom buildings, scrap bikes (but no pack option), BTC lifting (Epoch version), Mission system, a very basic debug monitor, auto refuel and skin taking.

We dont get much lag and the server generally keeps good time, although we did get a random early AM extra restart yesterday.

I can post the hive ini if you really want, but it's fine. Oh hell, here it is:

Code:
;This is a comment

;Variable = Value

;If you see a commented line of that form, it means that the setting is optional, and the Value shows the default

[Time]
;Possible values: Local, Custom, Static
Type = Local
;If using Custom type, offset from UTC in hours (can be negative as well)
;Offset = -8
;If using Static type (Hour value always the same on every server start), the value (0-24) to set the Hour to
;Hour = 8

[Database]
Host = 127.0.0.1

Type = MySQL

;Port to connect to. The default is the default listening port of a server of the selected Type
;Instead of specifying Port, you can specify Socket and set Value to the socket name
Port = xxxxxxxxx

Database = xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Username = xxxxxxxxxxx
Password = xxxxxxxxxxx

[Characters]
;Some table layouts have this as PlayerID, and some as PlayerUID, that's why this is configurable
;IDField = PlayerUID
;Enables you to run multiple different maps (different instances) off the same character table
;WSField = Worldspace

[Objects]
CleanupPlacedAfterDays = -1

[ObjectDB]
;Use = false

;The settings here have the same meaning as in [Database], and are only used if the setting above is set to true
;Type = MySQL
;Host = localhost
;Port = 3306
;Database = dayz
;Username = root
;Password =

I'd appreciate any help I can get tbh, have registered with the Epoch forums, just waiting on the activation.

here is mine don't know if layout has anything to do with it.

Code:
;This is a comment

;Variable = Value

[Time]
Type = Custom
Offset = 0

[Database]
Type =
Host =
Port =
Database =
Username =
Password =

[Characters]
;IDField = PlayerUID
;WSField = Worldspace

[Objects]
;Flag indicating whether hiveext should detect vehicles out of map boundaries (X < 0, or Y > 15360) and reset their position to []
;Note: YOU MUST have a proper dayz_server.pbo that supports this feature, otherwise you will get script errors
;You can find that file under the SQF directory for your server version
;ResetOOBObjects = false

;EPOCH SETTINGS
;Which table should the objects be stored and fetched from
;Table = Object_DATA

CleanupPlacedAfterDays = 30

[ObjectDB]
;Use = false

;Type = MySQL
;Host = localhost
;Port =
;Database =
;Username =
;Password =

But it works now

Ok well after digging around it seems the SQL event that runs cleanup stays the same whatever I put in hive.ini - stuck at 24 days:

DELETE FROM `object_data` WHERE `LastUpdated` < DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 14 DAY) AND `Datestamp` < DATE_SUB(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, INTERVAL 24 DAY) AND ( (`Inventory` IS NULL) OR (`Inventory` = '[]') OR (`Inventory` = '[[[],[]],[[],[]],[[],[]]]') )

I've raised a ticket with my hosting company :)

Whatever you do...DO NOT, set this (CleanupPlacedAfterDays = -1)...That will make thing WAY worst for vilayer server.. Change that to (CleanupPlacedAfterDays = 9999)

That will fix your problem completely. I just foundall this out today

I have a vilayer server andI am having this same issue. I have tried to do the CleanupPlacedAfterDays = 9999 but it is still happening. daily.

Here a Nitrado server with same issue.
No matter what I have in CleanupPlacedAfterDays, players lost their bases.
I noticed it most happen to me when I initiate a manual restart.

Any advice?

Here a Nitrado server with same issue.
No matter what I have in CleanupPlacedAfterDays, players lost their bases.
I noticed it most happen to me when I initiate a manual restart.

Any advice?

I had the same problem. Make sure your CleanUpAfterDays is under [Objects] and NOT [ObjectsDB]. For some reason mine was there, and I have a Vilayer server. Could have just been an anomaly, but I figured it's worth a mention.

Back