Decrease fog?

firestrock

Is there a way to decrease the fog and increase the viewing distance?
I've already changed the
Code:
viewDistance=1000;
to
Code:
viewDistance=10000;
in the cfgdayz.ArmA2OAProfile and it looks like nothing happened

btw i'm using the server files from Pwnoz0r

Only thing that has worked are either changing your month in your mission file, I've got mine set to July, or 7. Has decreased fog a lot most of the time. Only other thing is also time of day. Morning seems to have more fog.

Well it helped a little bit but i still can't see enough.
But thanks. And you are sure there is no other way to reduce the fog?

My anti-hack can set the view distance to 20km. I don't know how to code this into the game, sorry. But I also read that the view distance is coded into DayZ at 2.5km.

It can also be set by editing the visibility bar in your video settings.

Lazy people. Drop by OPenDayz.net with their mouths salivating expecting handout answers instead of doing some simple, basic research. I don't mind helping the needy, but I refuse to assist the lazy.

I have tried the mod listed, but it has made no difference to my server. Fog persists. I wouldn't be asking if it worked for me.
Lazy people. Drop by OPenDayz.net with their mouths salivating expecting handout answers instead of doing some simple, basic research. I don't mind helping the needy, but I refuse to assist the lazy.

I've been posting on OpenDayZ for a short while now. I can say that I don't find the community very friendly. I resent the fact that you assume much about me. I certainly can therefore assume much about you.

I have tried the mod listed, but it has made no difference to my server. Fog persists. I wouldn't be asking if it worked for me.

I've been posting on OpenDayZ for a short while now. I can say that I don't find the community very friendly. I resent the fact that you assume much about me. I certainly can therefore assume much about you.
OpenDayZ members tend to be more friendly to other member with a longer tenure...

The reason is specifically because as a community we are here to help and assist other members with tenure. We don't necessarily ignore new member requests for help...but it's not hard to determine when a new member has done damn near zero research for a solution. It's taken me awhile to get where I am with the community and it's not to be a dick, but there is google, yahoo, bing, and plenty of resources to read through and search for instead of just taking 5 or 10 minutes to research a solution then say "Fuck it, I've been looking for 10 minutes. I need answers now. I'm going to go to OpenDayZ.net and ask, without letting them know what I've already tried or researched." Yeah...that can push people away from wanting to help you. To us...it appears new members are looking for a handout instead looking for themselves. It my take 5 minutes to find your solution...or it may take you a week. Point is, at least let us know what you have tried or other threads you have read so we are not wasting OUR time going over what you have already done.

As DangeRUSS said, here: https://www.google.com/search?btnG=1&pws=0&q=how+to+decrease+fog+on+dayz+server

FYI, I'm not speaking for the whole community...

Good day, sir.

jiFfM.jpg

Last edited:
There's no solution to this question on this thread and, while I don't mind the fog so much, I thought the issue was important enough to contribute.

...but it's not hard to determine when a new member has done damn near zero research for a solution.

In my first post I'd linked the research I'd found, including the "nofog.sqf" mod found at the link. I didn't think it to be appropriate to post the solution here as it's not my work.

There are many new members looking to advertise servers, but I've tried to differentiate myself by providing additional content. It's a shame you think that my contributions waste your time.

I wasn't point at you in general, I was speaking of new members as a whole, one collective, in general.

I didn't think it to be appropriate to post the solution here as it's not my work.
Really? Here at OpenDayZ, I personally give thanks to those that do post solutions as I received my fair share of thanks. We don't care who created the solution/fix as long as they are credited for it. Holding back a fix from the community becuase it wasn't yours to begin with?

You need not say any more.

Last edited:
The KSP community are very protective of their mods. Playing it safe is generally a good approach. I've seen members get flamed for much less.

Do you want to play on my server? Perhaps only to hunt me down to murder, steal my stuff, eat my corpse then dance wildly around...

The KSP community are very protective of their mods. Playing it safe is generally a good approach. I've seen members get flamed for much less.

Do you want to play on my server? Perhaps only to hunt me down to murder, steal my stuff, eat my corpse then dance wildly around...
The reason I brushed you off so quickly was because this is a really old thread and this is a really old question which I have personally seen asked countless times.

If however, you have done your homework and legitimately can't find an answer, and you have tried multiple things.. than I sincerely apologize.

Google provided me with these rather quickly, although I don't know how much help they'll be to you. If you run epoch, you could try your luck on the epochmod forums.
http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2463-view-distance/
http://epochmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/8438-right-clickchange-view-distance-with-rangefinders/
Good luck.
Also, from everything Ive heard, increasing your view distance too far can severely impact your server FPS and really messes with people using lower end pc's.

Back