DisableUserInput will only work the first time I fall unconscious

chris0135

After that, there is some script that is preventing this command to be used. So after the first time I fall unconscious i can use bandages and stuff and be able to move around. (The first unconscious works fine)

Thanks!
Im playing Original Dayz mod 1.8

After that, there is some script that is preventing this command to be used. So after the first time I fall unconscious i can use bandages and stuff and be able to move around. (The first unconscious works fine)

Thanks!
Im playing Original Dayz mod 1.8

You are unconscious too much!
I looked at the unconscious file and it doesnt look like it should be affected by multiple occurences. Is there anything in your server log? or your Players arma2oa.rpt ?

Okay so i found the issue in
fnc_usec_recoverUncons = {
//same actions as in the EH, just timed differently
player setVariable ["NORRN_unconscious", false, true];
player setVariable ["unconsciousTime", 0, true];
player setVariable ["USEC_isCardiac",false,true];
player setVariable["medForceUpdate",true,true];
sleep 1;
PVDZ_send = [player,"Epinephrine",[player,player,"ItemEpinephrine"]];
//publicVariableServer "PVDZ_send";
r_player_unconscious = false;
sleep 1;
r_player_cardiac = false;
r_player_handler1 = false;
player switchMove "AmovPpneMstpSnonWnonDnon_healed";
[objNull, player, rSwitchMove,"AmovPpneMstpSnonWnonDnon_healed"] call RE;
};
If you see i commented out //publicVariableServer "PVDZ_send";. It fixes the issue. So before when this was called, it would break DisableUserInput. Which is why the first unconscious would work, because this is called AFTER that. But now that i commented it out everything works fine. But my question is now, does this affect the code too much. What is this command doing exactly? and why is it breaking the second, third, fourth unconscious ect?

That code is telling the server that you used epinephine to wake up. I would think just setting the unconscious to false was enough.
So you would have to look at the publicEH in the dayz_code/medical to see what happens when the Epi script is called. It is apparently thinking that you have been given EPI which is why you dont get unconsious afterwards. .. Just guesssing there. If this error is something new, compare the files to previous dayz versions to see what changed.

Yeah that's what i thought, ill just comment it out for now, ill post back if it has any obvious issues with the server. Also i know this was a big problem in epoch, with many other ways to fix it such as disabling gear and stuff like that. If the fix is this easy here, it might be this simple in the epoch version also.

Its cool that people still are in this community, thanks!

I have never heard of that problem before. I will have to experiment. This is an issue in the default servers?
Have to work on making myself unconsious with a keypress to simulate damage.

I have never heard of that problem before. I will have to experiment. This is an issue in the default servers?
Have to work on making myself unconsious with a keypress to simulate damage.
To simulate falling unconscious just use
[player,.3] spawn fnc_usec_damageUnconscious;
this simulates you taking .3 damage and falling unconscious to it. (Usually like a 5-20 second unconscious)
and if you dont want to wait you can even add something like
sleep 3;
r_player_timeout = 1; which means after 3 seconds your unconscious ends no matter what

Tested. With epoch seems to only happen when you have the pistol out. Twice in a row with rifle, unconsious. With pistol, sort of unconscious. No weapon, unconscious. With pistol again, sortof unconscious.
So yes, seems to be not fully working when holding pistol. I didnt test to see if it was bugged the first time if you had a pistol, I dont think so, I would have noticed that at some point. But usually by the second time you are knocked out you either have a rifle or are dead so .. its pretty rare occurence where I would call it "not a problem".

Problem Solved:
Call it a "feature" not a bug. Its like a handicap system. If you become unconscious often, you get to bandage and move around to make up for your inability to not get injured.
:rolleyes:

Back