Discussion Thread

what I did was deleted all vehicles in the DB and pspawn them all back in again and restarted MySQL.. hopefully this works cause I did everything u said :D

guy blew up the heli and after restart if never spawned back.. not sure why its not spawning back after restart or does it take a few days.. for my shutdown bat file do I have to incluse MySQL ?

**EDIT**

I did fix it.. I had to kill the task for cmd.exe in my restart.bat that was in my sched so it would shut it down along with BEC and the Server.. seems to fix the prob.. thx for the help stapo once again xD

What kind of Anti-Hack detection tools can be used for DayZ+

I have the DayZ+ server on the same dedicated box that has a few other DayZ Private Servers that use Gotcha Anti-Hack and I noticed that I can't use that for DayZ+

Suggestions?

What kind of Anti-Hack detection tools can be used for DayZ+

I have the DayZ+ server on the same dedicated box that has a few other DayZ Private Servers that use Gotcha Anti-Hack and I noticed that I can't use that for DayZ+

Suggestions?

well i dislike Gotcha because it just doesnt work, its shit IMO. there are a range of Anti-Hacking Things you can try like:

- Setting up your own Map on a webpage that pulls data from the DB so you can catch teleporters, Doc has something which stops hacked vehicles from getting into the DB.

there are lots of things you can do, you just have to look for them :)

I appreciate the info Stapo - I've certainly looked around and found a slew of possible solutions; I was just hoping to get more of a "This, this and that works well" response from someone that's already running some tools with DayZ+.

I do run the DayZMapper which is excellent when I'm able to overwatch the server; however it's that automatic/background detection I'm looking for the DayZ+ server now.

Editing--

Is pyBEscanner or "DayZ Anti-Hack" decent ones to run with? I'm hoping to find a solution that auto-updates the correct detection files... because I've burnt myself with running detection on out-of-date logs.

i have heard good things about pyBEscanner :) but a few setting will need to be modified for it to work with DayZ+

I'd like to get DayZ+ on to my own SQL server that I have running; I'm running into issues getting our DayZ+ server into a good auto-restarter...

If I was able to build out my own DayZ+ DB tables and such and then just kick it up like a normal Bliss Server... that would be ideal, but I'm assuming that really isn't possible because of all the drastic differences in DayZ+

Also in regards to the pyBEscanner - I've got that added in but see that it didn't include filters for DayZ+ - Would you happen to be able to share/enlighten me on which I should be using with pyBEscanner?

I'd like to get DayZ+ on to my own SQL server that I have running; I'm running into issues getting our DayZ+ server into a good auto-restarter...

If I was able to build out my own DayZ+ DB tables and such and then just kick it up like a normal Bliss Server... that would be ideal, but I'm assuming that really isn't possible because of all the drastic differences in DayZ+

https://github.com/Stapo/DayZ-Priva...lities/Resources/Database Schema/hivemind.sql

just make a new database called hivemind then run that sql query :)

then your going to need to change you Start Server batch to something like this:

@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\bin\mysql" --user=root --password=YOURPASSWORD --host=127.0.0.1 --port=3306 --database=hivemind --execute="call pMain()"
start .\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe -port=2302 -mod=@DayZ+;@Hive -name=DayZ -config=DayZConfig\ServerSettings.cfg -cfg=DayZConfig\Arma2Config.cfg -profiles=DayZConfig
exit

so then that way, it still executes the pMain function.

Also in regards to the pyBEscanner - I've got that added in but see that it didn't include filters for DayZ+ - Would you happen to be able to share/enlighten me on which I should be using with pyBEscanner?

i dont use pyBEscanner personally but i would like to in future, as for filters.. im not sure how filters work in pyBEScanner.

Hi there!

I'm just wondering if there will be a Bliss release? I prefer Bliss because most of the tools I use need Bliss such as the Admin tools but also the bliss Vehicle Spawn Script (very hard to do that manually :( ) and much more.
Is there maybe any work around, maybe a vehicle spawn script like db_spawn_vehicle.pl for your Serverfiles?

Thanks in advance!

kikyou2

Stapo - I just realized.. I don't think our server is cleaning and re-spawning new vehicles at all. Checked the DB and a ton of them have 'Damage 1' showing that they're toast. My experience with Bliss is that it was run in a script but I couldn't find anything relate-able that would do this for DayZ+

How would I go about cleaning out the dead ones and respawning new ones?

if your using my pack, it should be executing pMain on startup which does all the cleaning... as for bliss, i dont support it anymore.

So about the respawning of vehicles I may figured it out.

First I didn't knew that you handle the spawning via a MySQL function in your Server Build stapo. As I use a fixed MySQL Server and not the portable one you use in your package, I copied the Databases from there to my Server.

Unfortunately the functions weren't there, as I copied the hivemind folder to my MySQL Server installation. The next I tried was the .sql file you posted for the User Strikes some posts above. But the problem was there were still no functions. So I opened the .sql file and copied all the commands to build the functions and added them in the Navicat console to build them manually. Now all the functions are in my database and I call the pMain() function by my own server start batch file like this:

Code:
@echo off
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\bin\mysql" --user=YourMySQLUser --password=YourMySQLPW --host=127.0.0.1 --port=YourMySQLPort --database=hivemind --execute="call pMain()"
"Expansion\beta\dayzplus.exe" -port=2339 "-config=DayZConfig\ServerSettings.cfg" "-cfg=DayZConfig\Arma2Config.cfg" "-profiles=DayZConfig" -name=DayZ "-mod=@DayZ+;@Hive" -noPause -noSound -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=4 -maxMem=4096
exit

Hope I helped some others with that solution :)

I'm sad that you don't want to support Bliss anymore :( , but this is what we must get handled.

Regards

kikyou2

Back