DX | Custom Debug Monitor

Did This Work For You?

• Yes

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters
Hey guys Im a noob here and trying this out, I was wondering what you guys did to stop the logs from being over run?

Hi there,

Perfect tutorial for debug monitor thank you! However my monitor works a bit weird. I managed to play around with colours and the dikCode for insert key but the alignment and the frame size is a bit off:( Can anyone suggest a solution about this; the only allignment options are center and left and right but center is not really center for me:( Its a DayzOverwatch server by the way.

PpsSIyw.jpg

Since 1.0.3.1, I have started getting the Wrong text element null again in the RPT. Thoughts on what might have changed? I upgraded directly to 1.0.3.1 from 1.0.2.5 where it worked fine. I'm comparing the 2 pbos and unsure what could be causing it.

The debug does work and very well. I'm using the method in which i have the code in a separate file.

EDIT: It is in the if dedicated spot in init as well.

Last edited:
Code:
//Credit to Krixes for use of his code and also to AVendettaForYou for helping me figure some stuff out.
//Modified by Matt L
if (isNil "custom_monitor") then {custom_monitor = true;} else {custom_monitor = !custom_monitor;};

while {custom_monitor} do
{
    _kills =        player getVariable["zombieKills",0];
    _killsH =        player getVariable["humanKills",0];
    _killsB =        player getVariable["banditKills",0];
    _humanity =        player getVariable["humanity",0];
    _headShots =    player getVariable["headShots",0];
    _zombies =              count entities "zZombie_Base";
    _zombiesA =    {alive _x} count entities "zZombie_Base";
    _banditCount = {(isPlayer _x) && ((_x getVariable ["humanity",0]) < 0)} count playableUnits;
    _heroCount  = {(isPlayer _x) && ((_x getVariable ["humanity",0]) >= 5000)} count playableUnits;
    hintSilent parseText format ["
    <t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='center' color='#EE0000' >%1</t><br/>
    <t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left' color='#EE0000' >Midochlorians Left:</t><t size='1.5' font='Bitstream'align='right' color='#EE0000' >%2</t><br/>
    <t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left' color='#104E8B' >Humanity:</t><t size='1.5'font='Bitstream'align='right' color='#104E8B' >%3</t><br/>
    <t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left' color='#EEC900' >Noobs Killed:</t><t size='1.5'font='Bitstream'align='right' color='#EEC900' >%4</t><br/>
    <t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left' color='#EEC900' >Assholes Killed:</t><t size='1.5'font='Bitstream'align='right' color='#EEC900' >%5</t><br/>
    <t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left' color='#EEC900' >Zombitches Killed:</t><t size='1.5'font='Bitstream'align='right' color='#EEC900' >%6</t><br/>
    <t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left' color='#EEC900' >Dome Shots:</t><t size='1.5'font='Bitstream'align='right' color='#EEC900' >%7</t><br/>
    <t size='1' font='Bitstream' align='left' color='#EEC900' >Zombitches (alive/total): </t><t size='1' font='Bitstream' align='right' color='#EEC900' >%9/%8</t><br/>
    <t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left' color='#104E8B' >Current Asshole Count:</t><t size='1.5'font='Bitstream'align='right' color='#104E8B' >%11</t><br/>
    <t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='left' color='#104E8B' >Current NiceGuy Count:</t><t size='1.5'font='Bitstream'align='right' color='#104E8B' >%12</t><br/>
    <t size='1' font='Bitstream' align='left' color='#104E8B' >FPS: </t><t size='1' font='Bitstream' align='right' color='#104E8B' >%10</t><br/>
    <t size='1'font='Bitstream'align='center' color='#104E8B' >Welcome to the Apocalypse! </t><br/>

",dayz_playerName,r_player_blood,round _humanity,_killsH,_killsB,_kills,_headShots,count entities "zZombie_Base",{alive _x} count entities "zZombie_Base",diag_fps,_banditCount,_heroCount];
sleep 1;
};

private ["_toggleUseTime","_toggleLastUsedTime","_lastToggle","_toggleUseTime","_toggleOn","_toggleOff"];

_toggleUseTime = 1; // Amount of time it takes in second for the player to toggle custom debug
_toggleLastUsedTime = 8; // Amount of time in seconds before player can toggle custom debug again
_toggleTime = time - lastToggle; // Variable used for easy reference in determining the cooldown
_toggleOn = s_player_toggle;
_toggleOff = s_player_toggle;

if (dayz_combat == 1) then { // Check if in combat
    cutText [format["You are in Combat and cannot toggle debug"], "PLAIN DOWN"]; //display text at bottom center of screen when in combat
} else {

player removeAction s_player_toggle; //remove the action from users scroll menu

player playActionNow "Medic"; //play animation

r_interrupt = false; // public interuppt variable
    _animState = animationState player; // get the animation state of the player
    r_doLoop = true; // while true sets whether to continue
    _started = false; // this starts as false as a check
    _finished = false; // this starts as false
    while {r_doLoop} do {
        _animState = animationState player; // keep checking to make sure player is in correct animation
        _isMedic = ["medic",_animState] call fnc_inString; // checking to make sure the animstate is the medic animation still
        if (_isMedic) then {
            _started = true; // this is a check to make sure everything is still ok
        };
        if(!_isMedic && !r_interrupt && (time) < _toggleUseTime) then {
            player playActionNow "Medic"; //play animation
            _isMedic = true;
        };
        if (_started && !_isMedic && (time) > _toggleUseTime) then {
            r_doLoop = false; // turns off the loop
            _finished = true; // set finished to true
            lastToggle = time; // the last toggle time
        };
        if (r_interrupt) then {
            r_doLoop = false; // if interuppted turns loop off early so _finished is never true
        };
        sleep 0.1;
    };
    r_doLoop = false; // make sure loop is off

if (_finished) then {
        // this is for handling if interrupted
        r_interrupt = false;
        player switchMove "";
        player playActionNow "stop";
        cutText [format["You have disabled your debug monitor!"], "PLAIN DOWN"]; //display text at bottom center of screen on interrupt
        hintSilent "";
    };
};
in your overridden fn_selfActions.sqf add :
Code:
if((speed player <= 1) && _canDo) then {  
    if (s_player_toggle < 0) then {
        s_player_toggle = player addaction[("<t color=""#DAA520"">" + ("Toggle Debug") +"</t>"),"custom_monitor.sqf","",5,false,true,"",""];
    };
} else {
    player removeAction s_player_toggle;
    s_player_toggle = -1;
};
under
Code:
_canDo = (!r_drag_sqf and !r_player_unconscious and !_onLadder);

Hi!! It`s very cool. I like it!! I`m noob. Can you help me please! If i don`t wont to do any action, only off and on. what i need to delete in your code?

Sorry for the edit but was able to replicate the error
I was able replicate the error I get when setting up my debug
Image mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\monitor\logo2.jpg: dimensions 256X72 Not 2^n
I hit ok the game loaded with debug monitor.

I keep thinking it is saying it is not like 512x256, or 256X128 or something like that
As seen here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jk2kfojbcs0uujv/debug.jpg
but still no logo. this is what I am trying to add
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/sdqtta5cmprc318/AABNI_y7wYA49J7arQxSoYBwa
Also photoshop saves it as a jpeg instead of jpg do I need to rename it to logo.jpg

Last edited:
Back