Dynamic Town Invasion

Vampire

OpenDayZ Rockstar!
I thought I would pick everyone's brains here.

I was thinking of how to have DZMS dynamically take over a town for a mission, but to have this work on every map is a huge challenge, unless I wanted to go through and get coordinates for all the towns in every DayZ map.

Well then I remembered something I had seen in the config files for maps, and that's the Name locations.
Here's a copy of the Config.cpp for Chernarus for example.
http://pastebin.com/8EHzN6YC

With them being defined how they are, I believe we may be able to use this to get the location of a town to take over.

I think we can use a call like this to get the list of classnames.
Code:
getArray (configFile >> "Chernarus" >> "Names")

Then we would need to get rid of any classnames that don't have city_ or vill_ in the front, and then selectRandom to choose a classname, and then maybe do a call like this to get the position?
Code:
getArray (configFile >> "Chernarus" >> "Names" >> _town >> "position")

This is all spitball logic, but does this seem possible to anyone else?

I actually went into my editor and pulled all the major town cords and made some "Hostile takeover" missions. (namalsk is tiny so no problem there :p)
Basically they work the same way the special weapons squad works as in when every last one is killed the mission ends. Still needs a shitload of tweaking but yeah, it does work.

What you could do is (with permission) copy all the cords from dzai or wickedai, I believe both have a list for static spawns set up in every town.

However I like your idea better, less kb's

I actually went into my editor and pulled all the major town cords and made some "Hostile takeover" missions. (namalsk is tiny so no problem there :p)
Basically they work the same way the special weapons squad works as in when every last one is killed the mission ends. Still needs a shitload of tweaking but yeah, it does work.

What you could do is (with permission) copy all the cords from dzai or wickedai, I believe both have a list for static spawns set up in every town.

However I like your idea better, less kb's

Since I want DZMS to work on every map, that is possible but not a valid answer in my mind.

I'm going to work on what I posted today and see if I make any progress.

Code:
_point = getMarkerpos "center";
_findTown = nearestLocations [_point, ["NameVillage","NameCity","NameCityCapital"], 20000];
_selectRandomTown = _findTown call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

Code:
_point = getMarkerpos "center";
_findTown = nearestLocations [_point, ["NameVillage","NameCity","NameCityCapital"], 20000];
_selectRandomTown = _findTown call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
Thanks for that, It would have taken me forever to locate that function for that use.

Btw, in line with taking over a town:

Is there a way to set the AI to fortify? All I seem to be able to set is combat color and stance.
I haven't looked for an answer to this btw, so I might just have to search :)

Btw, in line with taking over a town:

Is there a way to set the AI to fortify? All I seem to be able to set is combat color and stance.
I haven't looked for an answer to this btw, so I might just have to search :)

I'm not sure if there is a behavior setting for that without UPSMON.

Thanks for that, It would have taken me forever to locate that function for that use.

a really good way to find a random village or city ... however i belive the biggest problem will be with buildings not seen by the ai ... unfortunatly not all maps are complete that way, not to mention unknown glitches that will come up aswell ... this will most likely be a pain for you to figure how to work out (if even possible) for all map and will most likely have to be individualized coords for each map and be in certain predefined citys you have pre tested and know ai will see

credits for the idea, but i doubt you will ever be able to add support all maps with a mission like this

a really good way to find a random village or city ... however i belive the biggest problem will be with buildings not seen by the ai ... unfortunatly not all maps are complete that way, not to mention unknown glitches that will come up aswell ... this will most likely be a pain for you to figure how to work out (if even possible) for all map and will most likely have to be individualized coords for each map and be in certain predefined citys you have pre tested and know ai will see

credits for the idea, but i doubt you will ever be able to add support all maps with a mission like this

There may be issues with AI seeing though buildings, but I'd assume that if this was the case, all AI on the map would also be able to see through those buildings, so I don't know how you would fix the problem, or if its even a problem if it would also be apparant with roaming AI.

To prevent AI spawning inside of floors and such, my plan was to airdrop them over the town so that they would find an open spot on the ground themselves.

I'm not sure if I will make this a Major mission itself, or add it as an option to run alongside the current missions.

Back