DZAI for Epoch. How scalable?

Snakeyes

We do a lot of looting and building on my server, but we like the challenge of some AI in the mix.
I have looked through the DZAI configuration settings and decided on the static AI and turned off the dynamic AI. Since we loot in the cities like Cherno, I hoped that setting the respawn timer to a high value would prevent the AI from respawning right after we killed off the initial spawn. A buddy was in Cherno looting the other day and killed 3-4 AI. He thought he was finished, but some others killed him. I was in a helicopter at the time so when he respawned I picked him up and we flew back to Cherno to pick up his gear. Upon landing, we encountered 4-5 more AI that killed us both. Was there 7-8 AI that spawned initially? I had the static AI respawn timer set for about 3 hours. I really like this addon. I just need to know if I'm managing it correctly.

Thanks!

There is more than one spawn in Cherno, about 4 give or take one.

Edit: there are 4 spawns in all of Cherno, equalling 10 units maximum.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

With the respawn timer set at 10800 (3 hours) had he wiped out the initial spawn of 10 AI, would Cherno be clear of AI then until the next spawn?

If you exit the spawn area, the despawn process will reset the respawn timers, as in all the AI will spawn again if you reenter the area.

The respawn timer will only apply if someone stays in the spawn area for 3 hours continuously, which is impossible unless you have one person in each spawn area to prevent the despawn process from happening.

However if you extend the despawn timers you will negatively affect your server performance as you will be keeping more AI active at once.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back