DZAI_maxSpawnTime - Maximum Value?

Constrictor

The info in the configuration file for the setting: DZAI_maxSpawnTime has a range of 1200 - 2700.

Is 2700 the max of the range, and is 1200 the lower end of the range, or can the setting be higher / lower with no ill effects?

Note that it is a recommended range on the basis of my personal opinion. The lower the number, the more frequently players will encounter dynamic AI, and vice versa. You can't mess things up here, unless you decide to set the number extremely low, then you'll receive an unusually large number of complaints from your players.

In my opinion, the 1200 end of the scale (and below) is more "hardcore" meaning you have to constantly be on the lookout if you're away from towns and cities. The 2700 end (and above) of the scale is more of a "snoozefest" if you want dynamic AI to be more of a chance encounter than something you have to constantly worry about.

If you don't know exactly what value you want then I recommend you stay within that range until you get a feel for things. Though, most people seem to prefer the upper end of the scale and beyond. I personally use 1800 (that's why it's the default value) as it's the minimum value I consider fair and tolerable before I start becoming annoyed.

Thank you for taking the time to provide a more in depth explanation. I have a lower player count right now and until I get more players I wanted to tune this setting so the handful of players I have don't get worn out with constant AI battles.

Back