Editing Chernarus is fun! How about a static Aircraft Carrier?

I've been searching around but all I've found is the Armaholic addon version. Isn't there a way to add it in like the Excelsior Bridge(which is fantastic by the way).

I was hoping to add it out in the water with a couple ladders to climb up on. Maybe spawn some Helicopters or a crash sight?

I know I've seen it done somewhere but I can't find it.

I had it on my server.. but you cant spawn vehicles on it, they will fall throught and explode on server restarts :(
dont mind the flying gld.. was a bliss bug.. i added the 9 part throught the database.

Dont think so.. i deletet it again. wasent fun when you couldent park choppers ect on it.. but it took a long time messing around in the editor and then in the databae to line all the parts up.

Any way to add through the database? I know some buildings end up on the bottom of the ocean, but vehicles don't fall through buildings added through the database (at least in my setup).

If I could get it to stay above water it could be functional.

I managed to add this to my server, it took me ages but I'm still learning. Anyway I'm also having issues of every server restart helicopters blow up which is frustrating. I have also added fuel tanks and fire barrels and a ladder to get up and down. I have PBX's at the carrier too. Tents will save gear ok but can only be placed in the middle room on the second floor. I can share with you my mission file so you get a rough idea on world space cords etc? But that'd have to wait till maybe tomorrow evening due to work :(

I think adding it through the mission.sqm file makes the buildings load after the vehicles on server start - which is why choppers fall through it and explode on restart.

Adding it to bliss through the building table I believe makes it spawn in on start as a 'vehicle object' - so it would load at the same time as the helis and they would not fall through.

I'm not sure, I haven't tested it yet - my helis can land on my other custom buildings though and survive a restart...

I'm a carpenter. Unless someone can give me a little easier tutorial or I can make it out of wood, I'm lost. LOL.

Could someone explain where exactly that goes?

ADDING LHD via MISSION.SQM

Ok all, I have a LHD spawning script that's working now - built into the mission.sqm file from your mission pbo

It works to spawn it correctly (above water, all the pieces together) but I haven't done much testing, and I don't expect that it fixed the helis falling through and blowing up on server restart.
EDIT: Excelsior bridge seems to work with vehicles on it over server restart, but I can't get the LHD to work over restart without blowing up whatever is on it. Vehicles launch into the air and come down and explode.

Save this as createlhd.sqf in the root of the pbo (ie dayz_1.chernarus/createlhd.sqf)

Code:
_LHDspawn = _this select 0;
_LHDdir = getdir _LHDspawn;
_LHDspawnpoint = getposasl _LHDspawn;
deletevehicle _LHDspawn;
_parts =
[
    "Land_LHD_house_1",
    "Land_LHD_house_2",
    "Land_LHD_elev_R",
    "Land_LHD_1",
    "Land_LHD_2",
    "Land_LHD_3",
    "Land_LHD_4",
    "Land_LHD_5",
    "Land_LHD_6"
];
{
    _dummy = _x createvehicle _LHDspawnpoint;
    _dummy setdir _LHDdir;
    _dummy setpos _LHDspawnpoint;
}foreach _parts;

Open your mission.sqm file from the pbo (ie dayz_1.chernarus/mission.sqm)
-----open in 3d editor: place any static object where you want the LHD) and place this code in the init line
Code:
this setpos [(getpos this select 0),(getpos this select 1), 0]; nul = [this] execVM "createlhd.sqf"

OR

----open in text editor: add this to your file - it goes after the end of class Markers, but before the closing bracket of the mission
this code:
Code:
class Vehicles
{
    class Item0
    {
        side="EMPTY";
        id=1;
        position[]={15447.737, 0.20402038, 11146.749};
        vehicle="Baseball";
        azimut=0;
        lock="LOCKED";
        init="this setpos [(getpos this select 0),(getpos this select 1), 0]; nul = [this] execVM ""createlhd.sqf"";";
    };
    items=1;
};
in here: (partial file shown )
Code:
class Markers
    {
        items=7;
        class Item0
        {
            position[]={7839.6055,381.33774,8414.7324};
            name="center";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item1
        {
            position[]={-18697.58,379.53012,25815.256};
            name="respawn_west";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item2
        {
            position[]={4932.3345,0.39950246,1989.1094};
            name="spawn0";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item3
        {
            position[]={2236.0391,0.63119155,1923.3735};
            name="spawn1";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item4
        {
            position[]={8738.1328,0.45720705,2122.1082};
            name="spawn2";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item5
        {
            position[]={10909.267,0.57597214,2422.3096};
            name="spawn3";
            type="Empty";
        };
        class Item6
        {
            position[]={13510.764,0.44504455,5249.3027};
            name="spawn4";
            type="Empty";
        };
    };
    //CODE GOES HERE!!!!!! ////CODE GOES HERE!!!!!! ///////////////////
    //CODE GOES HERE!!!!!! ///////CODE GOES HERE!!!!!! //////////////////////
    //CODE GOES HERE!!!!!! //////////CODE GOES HERE!!!!!! /////////////////////////
};
class Intro
{
    addOns[]=
    {
        "chernarus"
    };
    addOnsAuto[]=
    {
        "chernarus"
    };
    randomSeed=6913869;
    class Intel
    {
        startWeather=0.25;
        forecastWeather=0.25;
        year=2008;
        month=10;
        day=11;
        hour=9;

Save files, pack pbo, and it should work!

EDIT:
testing now - I couldn't find the vehicle I left on the carrier after restart, yet their table remains unupdated in terms of damage change. Also testing leaving vehicles on excelsior bridge, will get back to you on that.

EDIT2:
Excelsior bridge seemed to work - the car I left on it stayed on it after server restart. I'm thinking maybe it's because my LHD is a little out of bounds, going to move it closer and retest.

EDIT3:
I was close enough to see the damage this time - both cars I placed on the LHD launched 50m or so into the air, came down, and exploded. Not sure why this is happening here, but not for the bridge. LHD in general seems kind of buggy. It's late here, I'm going to bed, more testing tomorrow.
Pic: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=139055580 LHD blowing up vehicles

(The other script posted above this I believe is the cheat totalwar - teleports all players to LHD for deathmatch)

source: http://www.404games.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/1518-add-carrier-lhd/

I would be really interested in this if i knew we could keep vehicles there during restarts. i will be following this post to see if any progress is made in that end. I might add one to my server and try to help figure this out also. is there a way to give the vehicles there temporary vehicle god mode while the mission file loads? (think Bluephoenix's admin tools) Even having this happen to all vehicles at start up is not a bad thing as long as it turns off after a few moments. You could then drop the vehicle from any distance allowing the LHD to show up before the chopper lands on it.

I would be really interested in this if i knew we could keep vehicles there during restarts. i will be following this post to see if any progress is made in that end. I might add one to my server and try to help figure this out also. is there a way to give the vehicles there temporary vehicle god mode while the mission file loads? (think Bluephoenix's admin tools) Even having this happen to all vehicles at start up is not a bad thing as long as it turns off after a few moments. You could then drop the vehicle from any distance allowing the LHD to show up before the chopper lands on it.

It is simple to add via my method, but yes, it sucks that vehicles won't stay on it. I don't know much about the vehicle god mode, perhaps you could give it a test. You might be able to write it into the init.sqf of your mission.

I've noticed that excelsior bridge also blows up vehicles - the car survived a couple of restarts, but the tires didn't, and eventually it did blow up. So I'm at a loss as to how we could leave vehicles on any buildings in game at this point, without suspending gravity simulation on them for a few seconds at start or something.

Back