Editing Crash Site Loot and Creating More Spawns

They use TCAdmin so you don't get the features such as the map and easily switching on/off kill messages, care packages etc. But these can all be accomplished by yourself with a bit of manual work. I essentially have all of the features that Dayz.st offer by using tools available elsewhere. You just need to be willing to get your hands dirty :)

Success! I thank you all for your help and advice, especially Moondock and Boyd!

The issue was that DayZ.ST had someone edit the dayz_server.pbo to comdense the file size. I was wondering why mine was 55kb and everyone elses was larger.

I also contacted Sumrak and he was nice enough to point me to the correct file to edit. Which was the server_heliCrash_dzn.SQF in the Compile folder. I had to download a dayz_server.pbo from the internet to have access to these files (since DayZ.ST condensed the PBO).

You guys don't know how happy I am to see a G36 Camo and an M4A1 CCO spawn in my heli crashes!
374wn.jpg

Thanks again everyone, and if any DayZ.ST users need help feel free to contact me.
Cheers!

i am day.st as well never had a problem personally but recently been having trouble getting this to work think i just need a clean server.pbo if someone could give me a plain old .7.4.4 server . pbo file that would be great

Hello,

I have a private hive dayz.st server i trying to change this line like explain in the first post :

_num = round(random 4) + 3;
to
_num = round(random 4) + 6;

I use pbo manager to extract the dayz_server.pbo and notepad++ to edit the file.

I'm not able to join the server after this modification stuck on the loading screen.
If i reset the dayz_server.pbo no prob.

Do you have any idea ?

Solve

survivalservers allows full ftp access to the arma install the only thing that sucks is you can't disable dayz if you wanted to run a non dayz server

Hey, I have a few questions ...
I edited my server_functions.sqf to add a few extra weapons, but when I upload it and save it, my players can't connect and are stuck at "loading".
If anyone is willing to show me my errors and show me how to fix them ( don't just fix them and say 'here' ) myself please contact me here!

Attachments

• server_functions.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 5
Are you putting this in your mission.pbo or server.pbo? It should be in your server pbo file, there is either a typo, missing } or ; probably, when modifying that code you should only have to unpack the server.pbo change the code then make a new on from the folder.

Also download squint: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?105860-Squint-the-sqf-editor-and-error-checker
Its a syntax validator, however just cause syntax is correct doesnt mean it will work.

Im looking over you code atm in case your wondering

Are you putting this in your mission.pbo or server.pbo? It should be in your server pbo file, there is either a typo, missing } or ; probably, when modifying that code you should only have to unpack the server.pbo change the code then make a new on from the folder.

Also download squint: [LINK]
Its a syntax validator, however just cause syntax is correct doesnt mean it will work.

Im looking over you code atm in case your wondering
I know for sure I'm putting it in Server.pbo, and I packed it right.
Squint I used it and it's skipping right over the only 2 lines I edited, so I don't know what to fix :/, thanks for taking your time too!

I know for sure I'm putting it in Server.pbo, and I packed it right.
Squint I used it and it's skipping right over the only 2 lines I edited, so I don't know what to fix :/, thanks for taking your time too!

Theres a duplicate entry of spawnwrecks on line 20, shouldn't really matter but you should remove that.

In _ItemType
Code:
[" ","military "], [" ","medical"]
that will cause a error too, the spawn_helicrash should look something like this:
Code:
spawn_heliCrash = {

private["_position","_veh","_num","_config","_itemType","_itemChance","_weights","_index","_iArray"];

WaitUntil {IsNil "BIS_fnc_selectRandom"!};
    if (isDedicated) then {
    _position = [getMarkerPos "center", 0,4000,10,0,2000,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
    diag_log ("DEBUG: Spawning a helicopter crashed at" + str(_position));
    _veh createVehicle = ["UH1Wreck_DZ" _position, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
    dayz_serverObjectMonitor set [count dayz_serverObjectMonitor, _veh];
    _veh setVariable ["ObjectID", 1, true];
    dayzFire = [_veh, 2, time, false, false];
    publicVariable "dayzFire";
    if (IsServer) then {
    nul = dayzFire spawn BIS_Effects_Burn;
    };
    _num = round (random 4) + 3;
    _config = configFile >> "CfgBuildingLoot" >> "HeliCrash";

_ItemType = [["AK_107_Kobra", "weapon"],["revolver_gold_EP1", "weapon"],["AK_107", "weapon"], ["G36C_SD_Camo", "weapon"], ["G36K_Camo", "weapon"], ["M4A1_HWS", "weapon"], ["M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_CAMO", "weapon"], ["FN_FAL", "weapon"], ["M14_EP1", "weapon"], ["FN_FAL_ANPVS4", "weapon"], ["BAF_L85A2_RIS_Holo", "weapon "], ["M40A3", "weapon"], ["Mk_48_DZ", "weapon"], ["M249_DZ", "weapon"], ["SVD_CAMO", "weapon"], ["DMR", "weapon "], ["MedBox0","object"] , ["NVGoggles", "weapon"], ["AmmoBoxSmall_556", "object"], ["AmmoBoxSmall_762", "object"], ["Skin_Camo1_DZ", "magazine"], ["Skin_Sniper1_DZ", "magazine"] , ["DZ_Backpack_EP1", "object"]];
    // Diag_log ("DW_DEBUG: _ItemType:" + str (_ItemType));
    _itemChance = [0.2, 0.01, 0.5, 0.04, 0.04, 0.06, 0.02, 0.3, 0.3, 0.02, 0.03, 0.05, 0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 0.5, 0.1, 0.1, 0.03, 0.03, 0.3, 0.3, 0.3];

// Diag_log ("DW_DEBUG: _itemChance:" + str (_itemChance));
    // Diag_log ("DW_DEBUG: (IsNil fnc_buildWeightedArray):" + str (IsNil "fnc_buildWeightedArray"));

waituntil {!isnil "fnc_buildWeightedArray"};

_weights = [];
    _weights = [_ItemType, _itemChance] call fnc_buildWeightedArray;
    // Diag_log ("DW_DEBUG: _weights:" + str (_weights));
        for "_x" from 1 to _num do {
        // Create loot

_index = _weights call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
        sleep 1;
            if (count _ItemType> _index) then {
            // Diag_log ("DW_DEBUG:" + str (count (_ItemType)) + "select" + str(_index));
            _iArray = _ItemType select _index;
            _iArray set [2, _position];
            _iArray set [3,5];
            _iArray call spawn_loot;
            _nearby = _position near objects ["Weapon Holder", 20];
            {
            _x setVariable ["permaLoot", true];
            ForEach} _nearBy;
            };
        };
        };
    };
You need to go back and check and make sure all you, typically when i type str() i put the str next to the ( but thats because im use to java that might work in sqf idk.... all the comments on the diag_log were showing up as / / when i loaded it up.

Hey guys,

First off thanks to xmoondockx and Dealman for creating this walk through, with out it I would have been royally lost and screwed. This helped ALOT.

I used the example code, fixing the syntax errors and adjusting what weapons to spawn, on my local host server, first time I ran it I got the z\addons\dayz_server error, which the post from nullpo on this thread helped me fix:

http://opendayz.net/index.php?threads/modifying-heli-crash-loot.607/page-3

Now I'm getting a warning when anyone joins the server. A box pops up stating:
"No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons' "

But I can't seem to find any answers about whats causing it and how to fix it. Could any one help with this?

Thanks!

Hello, I was having an issue with my server getting stuck on the loading screen after attempting to edit my heli crash loot. checking to see if someone can guide me in the right direction here. I've been on this thread for a few days, not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong, tried re-entering all the data, trying different spacing and items and what not. Can someone please take a look at my pbo and see if I'm making any big errors. My server is hosted by HFBservers.

Attachments

• dayz_server.pbo
    68.4 KB · Views: 2
try to do the "_itemType" without spaces.

Okay, so I went back and removed the spacing in "_itemType" server loads up fine, "receiving" then I'm stuck at the "loading" screen. I'm going to play around with it some more, hopefully find something that works. I'll upload the edited pbo, anymore ideas?

Attachments

• dayz_server.pbo
    68.4 KB · Views: 1
Okay, I'll give it a try, thanks for your patience.

Gave it a go, changed all spawn chances to even integers.
It seems like players are unable to receive the mission file and are getting stuck on the loading screen still.

Edit- update, after about 5 minutes of the loading screen, it prompts for "receiving" then it says "something went wrong disconnect and try again" the map I am on is Chernarus, does this make any difference?

Attachments

• dayz_server.pbo
    68.3 KB · Views: 3
Just thought I'd point out a logic error in the total crash sites example.
Code:
 / / Spawn crashed helos
for "_x" from 1 to 5 do {
_id = [] spawn spawn_heliCrash;
/ / Script done WaitUntil {_id};
};

This is not code for a random chance, but a loop to spawn a total of 5.

_x is defined as 1 at the start.
it then loops _id = [] spawn spawn_heliCrash; for a total of 5 times, there is no random selection.

To create more, just increase the number. It will always spawn that total.

Success! I thank you all for your help and advice, especially Moondock and Boyd!

The issue was that DayZ.ST had someone edit the dayz_server.pbo to comdense the file size. I was wondering why mine was 55kb and everyone elses was larger.

I also contacted Sumrak and he was nice enough to point me to the correct file to edit. Which was the server_heliCrash_dzn.SQF in the Compile folder. I had to download a dayz_server.pbo from the internet to have access to these files (since DayZ.ST condensed the PBO).

You guys don't know how happy I am to see a G36 Camo and an M4A1 CCO spawn in my heli crashes!
374wn.jpg

Thanks again everyone, and if any DayZ.ST users need help feel free to contact me.
Cheers!

dude could up point me in the direction of where this server_heliCrash_dzn.SQF

Dayz.st user here o/ Whenever I try to edit the crash loots, when I upload the PBO, I just stuck on an endless loading screen... I'm pretty sure, I did everything right, so I can't get what is the problem :/

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Dayz.st user here o/ Whenever I try to edit the crash loots, when I upload the PBO, I just stuck on an endless loading screen... I'm pretty sure, I did everything right, so I can't get what is the problem :/

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
i have the same problem so anyhelp

Back