EPM DayZ RCon Tool (Beta) Changelog and Information

is it possible to download this one yet i have the older version

That is currently the Dev Build which has the multi server support running which allows you to open more than 1 server at a time. The build is no where near ready for a release yet so for the time being you need to stick to 0.9.2.2

I think this needs a little bump so people can see it.

Though i do have a suggestion if this is still in development. I feel a feature that DaRT has EPM is missing. The ability to use a name while sending a message using the global messages. For example: [Murphy] This is a global announcement from Murphy.

The issue with DaRT is there is not enough space for long names. I had to use Murph as i couldn't fit the Y on the end.

I think this needs a little bump so people can see it.

Though i do have a suggestion if this is still in development. I feel a feature that DaRT has EPM is missing. The ability to use a name while sending a message using the global messages. For example: [Murphy] This is a global announcement from Murphy.

The issue with DaRT is there is not enough space for long names. I had to use Murph as i couldn't fit the Y on the end.

Yes the Rcon is still being worked on.

As per your request, in its current form i have 0 plans to add in a naming system for admins. Main reason behind this, it looks messy. A player will still see Rcon Admin #0: which i dislike. If i can get my way and they change the rcon protocol around a little to allow us to have Rcon Admin #[name]: that would be much better. But i will no add in
Rcon Admin #0: [Name]: unless i can find a way that looks nicer than the current format.

Fixed our email server, our forums should be able to handle sending emails to Gmail and hotmail again. If you want to keep up to date with our test builds please register on our forums and post in this thread http://www.epm-gaming.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?349-Test-Build. I will keep that thread up to date with the latest information and gives you guys a place to post comments and requests for the rcon tool. If you have an issues let me know via email or pm on here or via my forums.

Beta 0.9.6.0
- Added a Private database of players.
- Added support for notifications with configurable words and cooldown.
- Ability to launch and connect to your server via command line. Switches are -ip=address -password=password -port=port.
- Removed disconnect / connection lost messages from the chat tab.
- Added admin tab to show ips and ports of all connected admins.
- Added Missions tab.
- Ability to load missions from the missions tab.
- Added comment system to local database.
- Added the ability to minimize the rcon to the notification tray.
- Added option to play a sound, flash the window and a TS3 notification when someone uses the !admin or any configured word.
- Added the ability to set custom ban messages.
- Added the ability to connect to a Ts3 server.
- Added the ability to issue ingame commands using the prefix # before your command. Example #missions to select a mission.
- Added the ability to send BE Commands using the prefix ! before your command. Example !say test will send the message test.

With the recent update, I do not see vehicle or direct chat logs!

can you confirm that you can see vehicle and direct chat with another rcon tool. I have been testing this update with Arma 3 and I have seen direct and vehicle chat multiple times.

Prior to the update, It worked perfectly fine. I recently used battlewarden I believe to get a feel of it(doesn't match up to EPM in my book) and it logged it. But with the recent update it does not show direct or vehicle chat.

I am not using this for arma 3, but rather I am using this for arma 2 on my dayz server.

EDIT: To be more exact on the situation, it seems direct cannot be seen AT ALL. But leaving the program on over night I can see it did get some logs for vehicle/group chat but this is very off, as I have multiple people tested with no results on it, but as i said it did seem to grab a few lines over the night from it.

Last edited:
Prior to the update, It worked perfectly fine. I recently used battlewarden I believe to get a feel of it(doesn't match up to EPM in my book) and it logged it. But with the recent update it does not show direct or vehicle chat.

I am not using this for arma 3, but rather I am using this for arma 2 on my dayz server.

Well looking at it, if it works with Arma 3 it should work fine with arma 2. Here is a screen shot of dwardens server that im using to test it on and as you can see we have vehicle chat. When you're looking for vehicle and direct are there other players around? if no one is around BE does not log the chat.

vehicleChat.png

When you're looking for vehicle and direct are there other players around? if no one is around BE does not log the chat.
Thank you for that little nugget. Wish I had known that before I spent all evening long trying to "fix" it.

We've been using the beta version and really working it over trying to break it and it runs surprisingly solid. Still gets that occasional drop from server connection but I can't tie it to any specific event. It could be my local internet.

Local connect dropping is not your end, its something that is bugging me alot and im talking to Bastian from BattlEye to try and plug the issue. Im not sure if its the program or BE it self but we're working on it.

Hey cortez any hints on the next update? and also is there a possibility of a option to reload scripts on a timer so you can set it to reload the scripts every 25 minutes or somthing like that?

Back