[Epoch] Balota Additions by Friendly

FriendlySTH

I have started a project to add some additional buildings to Chernarus for everyone to use. All of my work will be put together later on into one post! You must be using a mod with @MapEU

Please leave a comment down below on what I should add or remove! Or if you want to see more tell me what mod and what city/location and type of base or addition!

Check out my Dayz Epoch Server: http://dayzpostapocalypse.webs.com/

This package includes additional buildings at the following locations:
  • Balota Airstrip Additions v. 1
Picture Album:
http://imgur.com/a/JqVlP

Updates:

• V 1.4
  • New Roads to New Places
  • New Main Road to Airfield
  • Streetlights
  • V 1.3:
  • Added space for C-130 to take off and land
  • Re-textured dirt road on Komorovo Side
  • Rearranged buildings for a better look!
  • New ALBUM of updated pictures!
  • If you have any recommendations comment below!
Installing server side:

Step 1

First download the file called BalotaAddition.sqf

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6mf410mkoegev3/BalotaAddition.sqf

Step 2

Next inside your server.pbo make a new folder called Buildings or whatever you wanna name it!

Step 3

Then place the .sqf file you just made into there!

Step 4

Almost Done! Just go to your init folder in your server.pbo and open up server_funtions.sqf

Step 5

Scroll to the bottom and past this:
//Balota Additions
call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\BalotaAddition.sqf";

Step 6 - Done

Know just save and Re-pack

NEEDED IF CHANGED NAME OF FILES! (Name it something Different)

If you named the folder different then change the highlighted YELLOW part to that name!

If you named the .sqf file different then change the highlighted RED part to that name!

Nice job Friendly. Curious....using "MAP" for the buildings, doesn't that keep loot from spawning? Also, the building...Shed_Ind02, was set on top of a field hospital and partially covering another one.

Nice job Friendly. Curious....using "MAP" for the buildings, doesn't that keep loot from spawning? Also, the building...Shed_Ind02, was set on top of a field hospital and partially covering another one.

Yes it does and I am working atm on replacing them with Land_ so they work.

I have updated the download link and the Map_ have been replaced with Land_ so they should spawn loot and I removed the building that was in your way! Thanks for tell me what was wrong!

I like how opendayz favors people in a way that isn't fair to others. They claim that some guy commenting below saying my map addition is better than the sticky one is bullying. In the US we have freedom of speech and you staff are the real bullies deleting people's comments for other people being jealous. Sorry I am good at placing buildings and roads lol.

I am sorry but that is not the case. The threads that were stickied where because the OP asked for it. I see nothing wrong with that. Not to mention those threads are regularly updated.

I didn't remove that persons comment because they were criticizing someone's work, I really don't care. But when it becomes offensive, then it doesn't just piss off the person it is directed at it also pisses me off.

We encourage freedom of speech although there that only goes so far... when someone is offending another then I will step in and do something. So shut the fuck up and create some half decent opinions before you put your fingers on your keyboard.

I would just like to step in and say some things before it gets out of hand due to everyone jumping to false conclusions.

1. I am not jealous of anything, I enjoy seeing everyone's creativity and strongly support it within the community, I don't feel that my map additions are better than anyone else's because they aren't. The comment that was posted was unnecessary as I had already explained myself once in one of my topics http://opendayz.net/threads/release-avendettaforyous-custom-buildings.14054/page-2#post-78093

2. The majority of my map additions are meant for regular dayz and not for epoch, therefore I was limited to what all I could add in and wanted to keep it simple.

3. I do not randomly place objects within the map, I prefer to keep everything as simple as possible due to dayz mechanics where every building spawns zombies and I myself prefer to try and keep the amount of buildings within my custom additions low to help prevent lag within servers.

4. My epoch additons themselves are relatively small and lackluster because I haven't sat down and actually worked on putting as much detail as I can into them and make them more visually pleasing.

5. I personally asked to have my topics stickied as both of them are popular to server owners in the community as well with Epoch devs since the Taviana Traders are now the default trader cities as of 1.0.3. You may also ask to have yours stickied as well without being put down, it's as simple as asking.

Final note: This community is an open source community and everybody should get along and not feel that it is being bias to certain people, the same rules apply to everyone as they should, if you feel that you are wronged simply ask within a pm to a moderator for an explanation as to why an action was taken and they will tell you exactly why it was taken.

Friendly, nice work! If I hadn't already done a massive overhaul of all Balota I would load your additions on.
Few critiques here:
1. for such a robust and developed airfield, can you make a main road enter the complex rather than just two dirt roads? Your complex has a firestation(only one in town) and a hospital, yet no paved roads.
2. Do you think a C130 could land and take off between your building additions and the shortened length of paved airstrip? Maybe move the WIP/Hospital/firestation/factory a tad further off the airstrip?
3. the signs in the first picture and right smack in the middle of one of the driving lanes on the main highway?

Friendly, nice work! If I hadn't already done a massive overhaul of all Balota I would load your additions on.
Few critiques here:
1. for such a robust and developed airfield, can you make a main road enter the complex rather than just two dirt roads? Your complex has a firestation(only one in town) and a hospital, yet no paved roads.
2. Do you think a C130 could land and take off between your building additions and the shortened length of paved airstrip? Maybe move the WIP/Hospital/firestation/factory a tad further off the airstrip?
3. the signs in the first picture and right smack in the middle of one of the driving lanes on the main highway?
Will work on fixing that tonight.

I
Few critiques here:
I am updating the post right now with all your fixes and updated photos!

Back