[Epoch] Custom Chernarus traders by IT07

This is what I did;

I placed the mission.sqf in the root of my mission folder with the server_traders.sqf from the downloaded PBO. I restarted my server but the default trader cities remained.
No that's not what you're supposed to do. The mission.sqf goes in your server PBO, and replaces the existing mission.sqf that is in your server PBO already. You aren't adding something that isn't there. You aren't replacing your mission.sqm in your mission PBO.
ServerPBO > missions > DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus > mission.sqf
Then
Mission PBO > server_traders.sqf
Then
Open your Mission PBO > mission.sqm > markers > add the marker like he says and change the total number of markers at the top. Remember the markers start at zero so if you add marker #14 you really have 15.

Also I hate to sound like a dick but this was explained earlier in the thread when I was having the same problem you are.
http://opendayz.net/threads/epoch-custom-chernarus-traders-by-it07.17995/page-2#post-100662

That is not how you do it EscapeGoat.
mission.sqf goes into here
C:\Epoch\@DayZ_Epoch_Server\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\

it replaces the one that in this directory or what mission you are running.

The server_traders.sqf replaces the the one inside your mission root.pbo

Yeah it's working now the traders don't work but I think that might be because their ID's don't match up to the database.

just make sure none of the TID's are different. Open server_traders.sqf and your database. Search in trader_data in the TID line each of the TID's on the server_trader.sqf. Make a little checklist. Most should be the same.

Seriously. WHY do people not READ the read me.......
The read me says: REPLACE provided files for the ones inside your pbo's.
You don't have to edit ANYTHING. Just replace and you're done :) it can not be that hard.

Seriously. WHY do people not READ the read me.......
The read me says: REPLACE provided files for the ones inside your pbo's.
You don't have to edit ANYTHING. Just replace and you're done :) it can not be that hard.
People just assume they know what to do and then don't bother to read the comments. Once in awhile the TID's need to be changed a bit if someone has done some customizing but really nothing needs editing.

hey guys, i know its not the thread for the post, but i have added new traders to Bor, and want a car trader there too...
can you point me in the direction of creating the cone/helipad thread, so the vehicles spawn there also :)
once again please forgive me for posting out of thread, but i keep searching for clues with no luck :(

hey guys, i know its not the thread for the post, but i have added new traders to Bor, and want a car trader there too...
can you point me in the direction of creating the cone/helipad thread, so the vehicles spawn there also :)
once again please forgive me for posting out of thread, but i keep searching for clues with no luck :(
if you look at ZedBusters traders, in the server side mission.sqf, you can essentially get a good idea just by looking at it. The mission.sqf is where you're going to detail exactly where the trader goes and where the vehicles spawn. The server_traders.sqf is where you're going to assign the trader it's own custom TID. And then you're going to add items to that trader in the database the same way you would add them to any other trader using the the custom TID you've assigned the trader in the server_trader.sqf. You can use infiSTAR to get the coordinates and even create the esthetics to the trader zone. Or you can use the map editor for that.

Hey DangerRuss, cheerz for the post sir :)
but i have looked through this, for the Spawn Marker, but i cannot see anything obvious?
i take it it's a Helipad, just gotta find which 1.

Im not entirely sure but possibly
HeliHCivil
Perhaps Zedbuster could shed some light on it.

Im pretty sure any Heli pad will work tbh. I remember I used to have an anti zombie script for the safe zones and I used an invisible heli pad for the marker and it conflicted with the traders.

You can use Helipad (civil) under Objects in the Editor or try Helipad (invisible) if you do not want the spawn place to be visible.
The easiest way to get to the helipads in the editor item list is to open the Objects category and then press the H key. It will then skip right to the first item in the list that starts with an H.

Just followed the directions step by step... that @@DangerRuss posted a few pages back..
here is what he posted .. I've modified his post SLIGHTLY for EPOCH, and maybe made it easier to follow ?

FIRST if your server is running .. you will need to STOP it while you do this !

Back your files up first =) ( just make folder on your desktop ) and copy the files your about to edit into that folder ( call it Dayz Epoch 11 chern ) if using epoch

then edit/replace these files.

unpbo the dayz_server.pbo

for Chernarus Map 11
Go here C:\SERVER FOLDER NAME you created\
then goto @DayZ_Epoch_Server
then addons
here you will find the dayz_sever PBO File
It may or may not already have a unpacked folder by the same name.

If its not unpacked ... you must use a PBO manager to do so .. I use PBO Manager
get it here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369

Once you have that installed, and working .. come back to the PBO file, right click and select the option Extract to dayz_server\

Now you have a Packed PBO and a UnPacked folder.
in the unpacked folder.. double click it .. then go to folder MISSIONS\Dayz_Epoch_11.Chernarus

You are going to REPLACE this file with the file inside of the his PBO file
You need to right click the DayZ_Chernarus_Custom_Traders_by_IT07__V142 .pbo
Unpack it like above.. it will unpack to what ever folder you downloaded it to.
Then take the mission.sqf, copy , and paste it into this directory where your orig mission file is located, ( make sure you back up the old one first just in case )

now back up to you get to the folder with your unpacked dayz_server and the still packed version.
( BACK UP the original to the folder you created ) cut and paste..
Now right click on the folder that sez dayz_server , select Pack into dayz_server.pbo

Ok your done with that part ...
Go back to your main server folder c:\DAYZSERVER or what ever you called yours..
Scroll Down.. till you see folder MPMISSIONS..
Select your version .. like Dayz_Epoch_11.Chernarus open it
AGAIN before you copy over the next file back it up ...
Take the server_traders.sqf from the DayZ_Chernarus_Custom_Traders_by_IT07__V142 folder you unpacked.. and copy it into the folder Dayz_Epoch_11.Chernarus

NOW Start your server .. and TP your self to all the traders if you have admin tools installed ..check them all, check interaction with each trader.. if all works ! GREAT !

THANK YOU @@DangerRuss for your how to !

PS I work IT .. I have to tell computer challenged people all day how to do stuff like this ..
Hope my version helped clarify for the newbies.. not that Im old hat lol .. my sever has been running about a month .. im constantly adding stuff.. then CRAP .. cant log in .. go undo what mod just installed.. or look at the RPT server and client side to see what broke.. and fix.. usually its my bad .. left off closing statement etc

Last edited:
Back