[Epoch] Safe Zone Commander (God, Anti Backpack Stealing, No Shooting, No Vehicle Weapons)

AlienX

Valued Member!
AlienX's Epoch Safe Zone Commander (thing...)
Version 0.4

Please Note:
As of 02/01/2014 I am no longer creating DayZ scripts, DayZ used to be fun and now it's just boring for me, this does mean that I will also not be responding to support requests for any of my mods.

Sorry about this, I will leave this script here anyways so that people can fix it up or whatever.
What it does....

This script allows the following configuration options to be enabled for your trader zones:
(To configure an option, set the option to true or false near the top of the file.)
  • Safezone Godmode (Compatible with the sensors script, i will post this at the bottom in the credits)
  • Safezone enter/exit messages (as well as some others)
  • Safezone Anti Backpack stealing:
  • - Allow to loot from loot piles in safe zones
  • - Allow to loot from vehicles in safe zones
  • - Allow to loot from dead players in safe zones
  • - Allow looting from a vehicle if you are inside it
  • Disable guns from being able to shoot bullets and/or projectiles
  • Disable mounted guns from being able to shoot bullets and/or projectiles
Requirements
  • Easy = Blue <10mins
  • You are expected to have some knowledge of how to pack/unpack pbo's.
Installation Steps -
  1. Unpack your mission PBO using your favorite pbo manager (i use cpbo personally).
  2. Inside your mission directory (where you extracted your pbo to), create a new folder called AGN
  3. Inside this folder, create a new file named 'agn_SafeZoneCommander.sqf' and place the code (below) into this file.
  4. Open the missions init.sqf at the very bottom insert:
    [] execvm 'AGN\agn_SafeZoneCommander.sqf';
Picture/Video
- None

Credits -
- The original concept for godmode by maca (Here)
- The snippet for no shooting in trader zones (Unsure Where i found this now!)
- Safezone Sensors by MGT (Here)

Code Links:
Easy Copy and Paste Pastebin Link

I hope you enjoy this code, any problems with it feel free to PM me.

Happy Coding!

Last edited:
Version History

Update v0.2:
- You can now change the setting '_safeZone_Vehicles_AllowGearFromWithinVehicles' to allow the gear screen to open while the player is inside a vehicle.

Update v0.2.1
- Fixed a potential issue where vehicles would sometimes not be able to fire their weapon even after leaving a trader zone.

Update v0.2.2
- Missed 'then' on an if statement - serves me right for coding it at work :p

Update v0.2.3
- Fixed godmode not turning off when exiting a safe zone.

Update v0.3
- Fixed a lot of problems due to me attempting to use private variables outside of the scope that they were created in (oops!).

Update v0.4
- Fixed public vars being declared as private vars, causing the script to not load. (Darn you Find & Replace!)

All should be working okay for this release.

Back