every time i try GAME BREAKS

mr.jager

every time i try to add a script besides default .PBO file game breaks i dont know what to ive been trying for a week an every time i fail PLEASE HELP cool server on the line an if u can see if anything is wrong with the files

Attachments

• dayz_mission (zohan).pbo
    201.9 KB · Views: 6
  • dayz_server (zohan).pbo
    73.2 KB · Views: 2
Your main problem is probably the fact that you took a mission file made for someone else and just tried uploading it to your server without requesting permission or having any understanding of how mission files work. Other than that, looks good. :)

I didn't u the server file for that I simply Changed the time in my own server file from 50 to 30 an nope gotta reset to default

I'm not a huge fan of people downloading other peoples mission files without asking permission, especially when they do it improperly and then come back to the forum they stole it from and request help to get their stolen mission file to work. However, I am going to throw you a bone this time.

Step 1: Unpack your dayz_mission.pbo

Step 2: Open your dayz_mission folder

Step 3: Find the file named init.sqf and open it

Step 4: Find the following text inside the init.sqf
Code:
//REALLY IMPORTANT VALUES
dayZ_instance = XXXX;                    //The instance
dayzHiveRequest = [];
initialized = false;
dayz_previousID = 0;
Hint: I'm using "XXXX" to represent a dayz_instance #.

Step 5: Replace "XXXX" with your dayz_instance #.
Hint: To find YOUR dayz_instance #, follow Step 1-4 using YOUR default dayz_mission.pbo.

P.S. If you still haven't figured it out. The only reason your mission file wasn't working properly is because you were using the dayz_instance # of Zohan instead of your dayz_instance #.

Ok I will when I get off work an sorry again for not askin to use the files just in a rush to get finshed

FYI stolen work and knowledge will only come back to haunt you. I know for sure that if you got a highly customized mission.pbo from someone with no know how you will eventually fail. Why? Because later on you won't know how to update or manage your server. Learn how to script and do your own work. Ask for permission before you use others work. Unless it's public scripts. Your lucky someone helped you...other than that good luck as I'm sure you'll have bigger problems to fix than the instance error. Lol

Yea I kinda felt like shit after I realized Wat I did I saw it on the an downloaded now I know Wat kind of shit Ivan get into I will ask

Back