Excelsior Bridge - Chernarus

so...i just sat here, again, and reread the ENTIRE thread....
note: everyone should
ok, so...everyone seems to be having the same problem.
everyone knows how to wofjwof a beidi file, so that's what they all did first, it seems
this doesn't work. ... period.
you can only pick ONE WAY to install the bridge, or it jacks itself all up for you.
if you have screwed up and now currently have more than one bridge ontop of itself.
go to your database. click your blissid, you need to check your building, instance, instance_building tables for anything that has the same id as the pier.
do this by:
going to your building table and look for the pier. looks something like land_nav_pier_m_2, and look at the id number beside it. what ever that number is, and i believe it's "1" you need to go ahead and delete it from there.
then go to your instance_building table and delete them all there. click GO after your changes or your deletes won't delete.
NOW:
get out of your database
from your control panel, at the bottom, download the default mission.pbo, or use your latest one.
unpack the pbo and use notebook++ to edit the mission.sqm, add the lines he tells you to add, the scroll to your line that looks like this, your number is probably not 19 right now, before you say you can't find the code.

class Vehicles
{ items=19;
class Item0

make sure to add 12 to whatever it says at items=

if you don't do this last part, you'll get "wait for host"

once you get that items= edited to what it needs to be, pack the pbo, and reupload it to the control panel, right beside where you downloaded the default from.
now, load into your game and run across ur bridge.

sorry for making a long post on ur AWESOME fucking thread, exelsior, but since people are obviously only reading the last page or two, i thought i'd noob this down for them.

btw, Excelsior, i got it working once it just submitted to using the mission.sqm
awesome bridge, bro. but we gotta find a way to put it in w/o having a 700k download upon joining.
and where did you find the concrete block for the towers? what editor did you use? i've been wanting to find concrete slabs, to see if i do something with them.

700k? The only reason you would be getting a 700k download is if you were using a custom loadscreen. And I only posted the .sqm file which does not include that.

the 700 was a random number, lol. sorry.
but no, i've seen the size go up before a custom loadscreen is installed. anything that the client needs to run on the server is downloaded. so it's any files that are missing.

I get the following error when putting this into my mission file.
File mpmissions\_cur_mp.Chernarus\mission.sqm, line 1610:
Mission\Vehicles: Member already defined.

Server then closes.

This is my mission.sqm file.

http://pastebin.com/vxmSGWdu

Maybe because it's missing a };
When you close the class of vehicles, must have 3 in this order in its has only 2.

The order would look something like this:

class Item11
{
side = "EMPTY";
id = 12;
position [] = {13260.079, -3.0727394, 3378.8081};
vehicle = "land_nav_pier_m_2";
azimuth = 56.571701;
lock = "LOCKED";
init = "this setPosASL [getposASL this select 0, getposASL this select 1, -2.5]; setpos this [13260,079, 3378.8081, -3.0727394];"
};
};
};

Sorry for my english! ;)

Hi,

I did this, recompiled and it's still coming up with the same error. If i remove the code from Class Vechicles To Class Intro And put a }; at the very very end of the mission file everything loads fine.

Any ideas as i would really like to use the bridge.

Could you upload the mission.sqf? I use a database importer that will extract from the .sqf file and nice work. Tried this before but got nowhere with buildings floating in the air.

open ur mission pbo,go in your mission.sqm file copy and past the the script he put down after class markers.
make sure you start at line 1166 all the why down to line 1330 just before where it says class intro
Pack it up and with the pbo manager and upload it back to the server. This is the way I did it and it worked for me..

Anyone know where i should put this in the script. "Tommy" those lines are not the lines i need to put that in my. Your missions is different from mine. Thanks for the effort though.

I have checked my entire hard drive and i don't have a file called mission.sqf. Any idea ? I am using the reality DayZ

You will only have a mission.sqf if you have saved a mission using the 3d/2d editor otherwise it will be inside your mission.pbo so the search won't find it.

I do not know if it is correct, it seems to me that this part of the bridge is displaced, ie, does not follow a reta.Eu just copied your code and pasted it altogether.
Knows I could be this? grateful! ;)

same issue with code from first post (w/o towers). the last bit of the bridge is displaced a bit.

Back