Extra AI difficulty settings

Phyrstorm

I've been playing with the DZAI code a bit while setting up some bandit strongholds around devils castle and green mountain and I am wondering what I need to change to add in higher difficulty levels.

I have already turned off dynamic weapon lists and modified the DZAI_Rifles3 list with some of the extra weapons on my server and anti vehicle/air weapons. I also uped the difficulty settings in the config file for DZAI_skill3. The AI is very capable and deadly now in those area's, however nwaf is a deathtrap now, makes getting to Bash trader pretty hairy.

I would like to add a Rifles4,5 and skill4,5 so I can create a more dynamic setup in those area's without affecting other spawns on the map. I tried doing just that but it didn't seem to work. Are the some definitions somewhere in other files that I am missing that define the levels of AI?

I'd post the changes that I made but I reverted them after I found it not working as intended. Any help that someone can give or point me in the direction of the correct files would be appreciated.

Additional levels of AI weapongrade settings is something that is to be added in the next update. Here are a few fine details about how it will work:

• Additional weapongrades from 4-9 will be available for custom-defined spawns (those created using the DZAI_spawn function).
  • Additional DZAI_skill definitions can also be manually added to dzai_config using the same format used for the other skill levels.
    • If no skill settings are found for a custom weapongrade level, DZAI will default to DZAI_skill3
  • Additional DZAI_Rifle definitions can also be added to the default_classnames file
    • If no rifle arrays are defined for the weapongrade level, DZAI will default to DZAI_Rifles3
    • Only rifle weapons should be added, otherwise a second pistol weapon will be added to the AI inventory after death.
  • Additional weapongrade levels will generate post-death loot based on weapongrade 3 only.
Example 1:

If I specify a custom spawn with weapongrade 4 without any other changes, DZAI will use weapongrade 3 skills and weapon settings.

Example 2:

If I specify a custom spawn with weapongrade 5 with added skill definitions for DZAI_skill5 and no other changes, DZAI will use weapongrade 5 skills and weapongrade 3 weapon settings.

Example 3:

If I specify a custom spawn with weapongrade 6 with added skill definitions for DZAI_skill6 and added weapon settings for DZAI_Rifles6, DZAI will use weapongrade 6 skills and weapon settings.

Note: There is some weird capitalization in the default_classnames.sqf file, so you will have to keep case-sensitivity in mind.

Back