Find Building Loot Positions

I just threw the lootpos.sqf into an existing mission file and then added the init line from the mission.sqm example to a unit in my mission, done.

I disagree, my map guy Amrak uses the 3D editor and I also do myself. Yes it's buggy and annoying, yes shit moves all the time. But with a few good setpos/vector commands and some patience (around 1000 hours worth of patience), he's come up with some awesome additions for our project.

I never use the 3d Editor. Its terrible. You can load up ARMA 2 OA 2d Editor and get 90% of the buildings.

Forgot to reply to your comment in my post, I used this script in the 3D editor, but the only issue is it did not recognise any buildings that had been added by us. I have not looked into how to trying to fix it yet. Just add the loot pos.sqf into your mission folder and give a unit the exec command thats shown in the example mission sqm.

I have been doing this for over 2 years now when adding new mod packs, does this mod consider ground height in it? The only correct way is to include a physics enabled object to get the correct height (towers are notorious for having span heights 30 meters above the spawn point). I use a mod to get all correct spawn points using a player that 'falls' onto the model, once it stops moving then that's the correct position... This is how I got all of the 'Map_' spawns done which Dayz & Epoch ignore.

Back