HALO Jumps for dayz

Hangender, I've narrowed it down to it definitely being bandit or hero skin. If someone is a bandit they will spawn above the ground with all the animation and sounds effects. If they are hero's they will still start in halo spawn but will get the gear trying to open up with the error message "can't count magazines" Once they deploy the chute it will open but they will still hit the ground and die. After this once they respawn it will spawn them where they were but on the ground.

Any way fix this?

Seeing as how your new spawns are bandits and heroes, you have probably modded your server pbo/player_monitor.fsm?

No i haven't. I am running reality, i just searched the serve pbo and do not have the player_monitor.fsm file.
The only file i have is the server_cleanup.fsm.

They aren't "new" spawns. I took the database from my public server and merged it with the test server. So the humanity carried over. When you die humanity doesn't get wiped. I believe this is the way by default reality works. Not sure about other builds.

K I've successfully duplicated the problem (both hero and bandit skins cause problem).

An easy fix is just assign every new spawn 0 humanity (modifying server pbo or database). If people are interested in keeping humanity then I can do a script fix which will probably involve including yet another file in mission.pbo

I like keeping the humanity for the players as it shows their colors and can't just die and pretend they are friendly. They have to work for their status in other words.
I would be interested in keeping humanity if it isn't too much of a bother to write an extra script i don't mind adding another few kb's to it to make it work properly with the humanity. In the end that is up to you. Thanks for everything so far.

I like keeping the humanity for the players as it shows their colors and can't just die and pretend they are friendly. They have to work for their status in other words.
I would be interested in keeping humanity if it isn't too much of a bother to write an extra script i don't mind adding another few kb's to it to make it work properly with the humanity. In the end that is up to you. Thanks for everything so far.

I agree with the whole - You keep your reputation after death... It makes sense to me as well... Your character is dead, but your personality sure as hell didn't change on your next life 2 mins later.

Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] spawn {
        waitUntil {count (dayzPlayerLogin2) > 0 and !isNil ("dayzLoginRecord") and !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] > 5000 and typeOf player == "Survivor2_DZ") and !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] < -2000 and (typeOf player == "Survivor2_DZ" or typeOf player == "SurvivorW2_DZ") ) };

if (dayzPlayerLogin2 select 2) then
        {
            [player, 1000] spawn bis_fnc_halo;
        };
    };
};

Fully supports Hero and Bandit skins

Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] spawn {
        waitUntil {count (dayzPlayerLogin2) > 0 and !isNil ("dayzLoginRecord") and !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] > 5000 and typeOf player == "Survivor2_DZ") and !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] < -2000 and (typeOf player == "Survivor2_DZ" or typeOf player == "SurvivorW2_DZ") ) };

{
        };
    };
};

Fully supports Hero and Bandit skins

So this is based on humanity not skins just to clarify - am i right?

Celle will be having the option to give clans unique skins - how will this code impact those custom skins?

Ok, quick question. Put it on the live server. Usually around 30-40 people steady throughout the days. Put in at the restart. People were stills pawning in on the ground in free fall position. (Seemed Random) Also some people didn't get the option to "open chute" until maybe the 8 or 9th time after they smacked the ground. This worked perfectly with two or three people testing on the test server. Wonder why having more people would cause an issue...

Haven't been able to verify myself on the pub. The people who have been reporting it are regulars and we have spoke on team speak while the bug was occurring on the pub.

On the test server I've been able to run successfully with 4-6 people testing all with different humanity levels and skins working fine. I'm not sure what is going on between the two databases as the battleye files are identical and the only difference is the instance. Very strange. I'll do more testing tomorrow off peak with some regulars to see if i can duplicate it and report back on the circumstances it occurs.

My servers still only 3 weeks old but today seems to be the busy day. Last night was fine with like 10-12 people. Ill post again tn and see how it went.

Found a bug, when multiple people are in a aircraft and one person halo jumps it ejects everyone else and doesn't give an open chute option.

Well, i have to say you guys have done a great job putting this together, i have tested it out a few times on my test server, i have seen a few bugs so far, It worked perfectly when i was in the server alone. the more people that joined, it jsut seemed like you would always get stuck in the air 1km up and not falling until you interacted and pulled the chute from that height.

I did also notice i spawned in the ground once with "Cant count magazines" it was actually a death where i gained humanity and it changed me back to survivor from bandit. So that might have been one of the issues aswell.

Anyway, thanks again for all you guys have done!

Well, i have to say you guys have done a great job putting this together, i have tested it out a few times on my test server, i have seen a few bugs so far, It worked perfectly when i was in the server alone. the more people that joined, it jsut seemed like you would always get stuck in the air 1km up and not falling until you interacted and pulled the chute from that height.

I did also notice i spawned in the ground once with "Cant count magazines" it was actually a death where i gained humanity and it changed me back to survivor from bandit. So that might have been one of the issues aswell.

Anyway, thanks again for all you guys have done!

That is actually the case I might have missed thx for pointing it out

How can I add an exception for this in battleye? I am getting kicked for #37?

EDIT: It's some sort of setdamage

Code:
if (!isDedicated) then {
    [] spawn {
        waitUntil { !isNil ("dayzLoginRecord") and  !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] > 5000 and typeOf player == "Survivor2_DZ") and !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] < -2000 and (typeOf player == "Survivor2_DZ" or typeOf player == "SurvivorW2_DZ") ) and !(player getVariable ["humanity",0] > 0 and (typeOf player == "Bandit1_DZ" or typeOf player == "BanditW1_DZ") ) };

{
        };
    };
};

New code above ^
It accounts for all situations where a skin change might happen, so in theory this should work pretty well now. Admins with high pop servers please test :cool:

@Jaimbo:

add this to setDamage exception (after 5 setDamage)

!"if ((_velZ - bis_fnc_halo_para_velZ) > 7 && (getposatl _para select 2) < 100) then {player setdamage 1"

Back