HALO Jumps for dayz

Goodmorning,

- I would absolutely love a person if someone "he/she" would share their mission.pbo, and the file needed in Server.pbo
havent been playing around with the PBO's yet. still trying to figure out how to add the debug monitor, but i can't seem to anything to work unless i find a allready working .pbo

Currently i have loading screen, and increased chopper crashes.

@Minamo- The Debug monitor had been added back into the game. Hit "screen lock" or "SL" key, it should be by your num pad. I have seen on other posts that people are having problems making a custom loading screen work with other scripts(it also significantly increases the size of your mission file). I would suggest taking it out, at least until you get everything else how you want it. I would be willing to walk you through some of the scripts I have installed on my server but I think you should wait on the HALO script. People are currently having problems with it, including me.

@Connor- Im having the same issue as you, not sure what to do. I love this script, hope I'm not going to have to take it out :(

So has anyone found a fix for the problem of players being re-spawned up in the air?

I suppose you can do a force save of the player after he/she finishes the HALO jump.

for example, in fn_halo.sqf

Code:
        bis_fnc_halo_para_vel = nil;
        bis_fnc_halo_para_velLimit = nil;
        bis_fnc_halo_para_velAdd = nil;
        bis_fnc_halo_para_dir = nil;
        bis_fnc_halo_para_dirLimit = nil;
        bis_fnc_halo_para_dirAdd = nil;
        bis_fnc_halo_para_keydown = nil;
        bis_fnc_halo_para_loop = nil;
        bis_fnc_halo_para_keydown_eh = nil;
        bis_fnc_halo_para_mousemoving_eh = nil;
        bis_fnc_halo_para_mouseholding_eh = nil;

call dayz_forceSave; //add this line

I suppose you can do a force save of the player after he/she finishes the HALO jump.

Code:

Thanks I'll give it a try next restart

im more worried that players wont know what to press for that. i have been looking for one that will spawn where it will pull the chute for them or spawn them like it does when they jump out of the chopper currently. as far as the halo jump i would like it but only when jumping from a chopper or c130 or somthing.

how high does it usaly drop you from cause i though it was random?

and does anyone know of a post that has the chute opening when you spawn with out pressing anything. i know it has been done, cause i have logged into servers where it was set up already

its starts at like 1km up, and says open chute in the middle of the screen. Im not sure how to change it to the reg chute.

so do we have an updated way of doing this or do i need to go threw all 8 pages to figure it out. looks like a lot of back and forwardness lol. im trying to get it to work on tavi. useing dayzcc?

I couldn't get it to work on taviana 2.0.

Had it working on Panthera before the 1.7.6 update.

I wouldn't bother with putting this on your server right now. As of 1.7.6, with the totalzed change, and the work around for anti-tp, you will get respawned to debug if you put on a gillie or camo or any skin, and when you log back in, you will be falling from the coast as if you died, generally with no gear except the skin you put on.

Code:

@Hangender This fixed the issue if a player logs out to early after spawning in. However there is still and issue where if a player logs in, back, and back in too quickly they will be put back up in the air as well. Also I am having similar issues as to what @sschwarz25 is saying as well.

I dont recconmend this really it's extremly laggy for the server tough its really fun but if you have multiple people doing it over time its gonna be really laggy

the thing is that i need it to work with tavi and tavi runs 1.7.4.4 so i only need instructions for how to get it to work on that update if anyone has them please let me know.

I dont recconmend this really it's extremly laggy for the server tough its really fun but if you have multiple people doing it over time its gonna be really laggy

Would frequent restarts aid in clearing out the lag issues? - And if its a low/mid pop will it cause problems with that fix?

Would frequent restarts aid in clearing out the lag issues? - And if its a low/mid pop will it cause problems with that fix?

I haven't had any problems with the HALO jump as far as lag goes. Just the problem of getting sent to debug land and getting reset if you log out or change skins. But, I currently have a very small player base.

Back