Hello OpenDayZ forums.

Sepherchorde

I was directed here by a redditor to post about an idea me and some friends had, I'll copy/paste the main part of my post here:

"I am posting this with a request for help from me and a couple of fellow DayZ players.
We have devised a game type that is along the vein of "The Hunger Games" play sessions that have been around for a bit, but our source material for this comes from "The Most Dangerous Game".

What we have is this:
A dedi server An experienced server admin
Admin observer tools
And volunteers to be the "hunted"

What we need:
Primarily someone that can alter the spawn rates of certain objects on the map.

What would be nice:
Someone that can edit the spawn rates as well as set up two teams so instead of survivors, we have Hunters and Hunted.

I don't want to go into too much detail in the initial post, but if anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer in the best way possible."

So, if there is anyone here that is interested in helping us, it would be greatly appreciated, and as I said, I'll answer any questions that people have.

I would link to a synopsis of the source material but seeing as this is a new account I can not.

EDIT: Typo

I can point you in the right direction for editing spawn rates. You'll need PBO viewer to unpack and repack your PBO files. The one you need to look at is dayz_code.pbo. Unpack it and you'll find config.cpp and lootcfg.hpp which can be edited with a simple text editor. Config.cpp has the list of items which can spawn at given building types followed by a list of their associated spawn probabilities. It will also have some item types which are groups like 'trash' or 'food' or 'military'. Those spawn groups are located in the lootcfg.hpp file and can be edited as well. Once you have these edited the way you like you'll just have to repack the files into your dayz_code.pbo file with pbo viewer and you are good to go. Keep in mind you will have to distribute this updated code to all players and then either run your server with signature checks disabled or resign the code yourselves.

I hope this helps you get started. Good luck!

Thank you for the information that will actually help a lot. I was also curious about how to add new items (it would use the same visuals as a smoke grenade). If you have any idea on how to do that could we talk through PM about the details?

Thank you for the information that will actually help a lot. I was also curious about how to add new items (it would use the same visuals as a smoke grenade). If you have any idea on how to do that could we talk through PM about the details?

Sorry that's a bit beyond my skill level but I'm sure others on here would know how it is done.

What are the new items Sepherchorde? Do you mean existing Arma models or newly developed models? Please elaborate a bit more.

For the hunted, you might be able to use AI, if you don't get human players.

We already have the hunted figured, we are going to be using people we know that volunteer for it. As for the new item, it would use the smoke grenade models and animation, but we were looking into trying to make a "human pheremone" smoke grenade that would spawn a random number of zombies (1-20) somewhere between 300-350 meters away and have them wander towards the smoke. It would be a rare drop, but we figured that something like that would add an interesting layer of strategy for the players, hunter and hunted alike.

That is not going to be easy to develop at all mate. I would start with some simpler things, and take it from there. You will need monitor scripts polling for nearObject

Something like (rough example)

if nearObjects ["SmokeShellGreen"]
then {
<call zombie spawn script };

Oh don't get me wrong, I figure something like that at this point is a pipe dream lol. Thank you though for pointing me in the appropriate direction.

I can point you in the right direction for editing spawn rates. You'll need PBO viewer to unpack and repack your PBO files. The one you need to look at is dayz_code.pbo. Unpack it and you'll find config.cpp and lootcfg.hpp which can be edited with a simple text editor. Config.cpp has the list of items which can spawn at given building types followed by a list of their associated spawn probabilities. It will also have some item types which are groups like 'trash' or 'food' or 'military'. Those spawn groups are located in the lootcfg.hpp file and can be edited as well. Once you have these edited the way you like you'll just have to repack the files into your dayz_code.pbo file with pbo viewer and you are good to go. Keep in mind you will have to distribute this updated code to all players and then either run your server with signature checks disabled or resign the code yourselves.

I hope this helps you get started. Good luck!

My problem with the above is resigning the files for public release, whenever I tried adding in a signature it always gives me errors when it compiles with binpbo

Back