[Help] BDC's Prevent Loot and Zed Spawn (Safe Zones) for 1.8.0.3

I just completed the edits, and having a problem.

Everyone is seeing black and white, no blood, hunger and thirst level on 0, broken legs, etc but not dying.

My variables edit was done properly i believe.

maybe you can find what i did wrong?

http://pastebin.com/xHn3K7R8

How Mugger, let me check this out real quick! It's probably a problem in the variables.sqf as the symptoms you're describing are systemic. Let me check...

Yep, I'm guessing it's from this:

Code:
[CODE]PreventZedSpawnPositions = [[6551.1,14067.7,0.001],[3039.73,7880.1,0]];
[/CODE]

When I did the position inserts in mine, and I use about 8 of 'em or so on my server, I slightly modified the 'worldspace' entries pulled from the database. Example:

Yours here is [[25,[3039.73,7880.1,0.002]]. I would change it to this: [3039.73,7880.1,0]. I've removed a pair of brackets as well as the azimuth entry (the 25) at the beginning, leaving just three numbers, separated by commas, within one pair of brackets:

Code:
PreventZedSpawnPositions = [[6551.1,14067.7,0.001],[3039.73,7880.1,0]];

Give that a try.

This modification here leaves two XYZ position entries -- the default one I use for Devil's Castle and then yours. Make sense?

thanks, i think that resolved it. I never thought it would be a bracket issue.

changed mine to
PreventZedSpawnPositions = [[6551.1,14067.7,0.001],[3039.73,7880.1,0]];

havent seen any zeds spawn yet.

Thanks for your help, and thanks again for creating a great mod! been wanting something like this for a long time :D

Reactions: BDC
You bet Mugger. Yep the extra brackets seem to be causing problems within my default spawn loadouts from 1.7.7.1 that I've yet to resolve. It'd cause all sorts of weird issues for guys on my box with the 1.8 update when their Inventory array variables in their character data entries showed "[1,1,1,1]" at the end of them. They'd lose ALL of their DayZ-related scroll options and only have the base Arma ones. Then they'd die and be unconscious for infinity. So I'm not surprised having something like that happen within variables.SQF causing oddities in gameplay, especially that file that's more at the trunk of the tree of all of the code if that makes sense.

Glad the no spawn thing is workin' for you. Still working fine on my box over here and I've got about 8 or so points setup for our three bases and then Devil's Castle for Sarge's AI military garrison. Pretty cool.

I'm trying to get Zombies respawn after a while after a player killed them. So it is possible to clean an area for a setted time

Trying to get this working on Epoch 1.4.0.2a and having some issues, the player_spawncheck sqf file is not the same as posted in the release page, ay idea what i'd need to do to make it work?

Howdy tkdmaster, would it be possible to get a copy of your player_spawncheck.sqf file? That's the only one that I modify now for this. Maybe I can make modify it and get it back to you.

Going to post an update to this. I found a bug with destroyed buildings that I've corrected. Was damn near hilarious when blowing up a building and seeing zed popping up, in a zed no-spawn marker area, like cockroaches everywhere.

Ey Tkdmaster, the link isn't working. Could you stick it up on pastebin perhaps?

I'm having trouble getting this working with 1.8.2.

It prevents loot from spawning, however it does not stop the zombies from appearing.

Has anyone else had any luck?

Hi BDC, Love this script and have it working on my Dayz 1.8.2 server fine, I noticed a couple of people have asked about getting it working in Epoch, I am setting up an Epoch 1.0.5.1 server (test server atm ) and would very much like to get this working on there as its the last obstacle before I put the server live, has there been any progress on this?

Back