[Help] Create Death Message Inside Trigger

UrbanSkaters

Valued Member!
I've customised my dayz map to warn players when they enter either a Green zone or a Red Zone. What I'd like to do now is have another trigger (say 400m x 400m) wide give a "player-a killed player-b" message in the sidechat or as a white text on the screen. I want this to only trigger for that trigger, and for the life of me I can't figure out what to put in the trigger :(

Hi Axeman. I want to trigger the message in the Green Zone (safe area) only.

Looking into the killmsgs package the line #36
Code:
[nil, nil, rspawn, [_killer, _message], { (_this select 0) globalChat (_this select 1) }] call RE;
in server_playerDied.sqf looks like the line that, at least, initiates the broadcasts message to the server..

This file is building the kill message. Is gonna be tricky as you will need to disable the global message and then broadcast to players only in a certain area. Or build a custom kill message from the killmsgs package, get an array of players within the area and broadcast the kill message to them ?

Not at my developer PC at the moment, but seems like a good place to start. I suspect that _victim is the player object, I may be wrong, that would need testing..

I had a look at that file, but my level of programming in this area is very basic and I had no idea what needed to be changed for it to work. At the moment I can turn off death messages altogether with the click of a button in my hosting cpanel. So this "PlayerX was killed" message is actually turned off now anyway.

The message needs to be seen by everyone, regardless of which zone they are in. It's more of a "gotcha" than a feature. It's so myself and other admins can see when people are breaking the rules by killing bambies in the green zone. Does that make sense?

At the moment if a player is killed by another player, it takes a lot of effort to go through the logs and figure who did it. By then the offending party has jumped servers or killed several times more before I catch them!

Pesky lol killers :)

Well, i know on LosisArmory2 on normal Arma 2 OA, it creates an green zone, where if shot, it hits a invisible barrier, not a player (even if youre 0.1m from it.)

Well, i know on LosisArmory2 on normal Arma 2 OA, it creates an green zone, where if shot, it hits a invisible barrier, not a player (even if youre 0.1m from it.)

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that :)

Added: ah yeah, but then this would also prevent the player from killing zeds :)

If you wanna find it with arma2oa filter, just filter losis in the mission filter.

It should download it and put it in your MPmissions folder or something, else google it and find it i guess.
Also, the little spawn in losis where you cant kill eachother, also has an VISUAL green circle

The fact that you want it triggered from a location makes it a lot easier. Editing the kill messages to only work if the victim is within a certain area would be easy.

Maybe spawning a unique building as each base, there are some good mobile bases in arma2, eg. US_WarfareBBarracks_Base_EP1.

Place one of those at the centre of your base and then check if player is within a radius of that building before allowing the kill message..

It's not a "base no-kill" area that I'm trying to create. It's a "friendly no-kill" zone.. See below:

24pe34x.jpg

Green = No Kill, with death messages....

Red = PVP Allowed , no death messages.

Quick wuestion, how did you get your map to be shaded like that ? But pretty cool

Also you could try area sensors like in the admin dome posted around here

Back