[HELP] Increasing Zombies

htzdruk

Running with Vilayer / Epoch Chernarus / Installed mods : Ground fog, walking zombies, admin tools.

I'm unsure of which files to edit and what to edit to increase zombies, I'm looking to have an average of 50-100 zombies per player at most times.

init.sqf
add:
Code:
    dayz_maxLocalZombies = 15;

dayz_maxGlobalZombiesInit = 15;
    dayz_maxGlobalZombiesIncrease = 5;

dayz_maxZeds = 500;

and edit the numbers to your liking; CAUTION: MAY CAUSE MASSIVE LAG!!

let us know about the zombie numbers and lag results on the client.
also use your rcon to login and then type #monitor 5 to get the server fps which shouldnt increase since zombies are client side.

just fir general informational purposes .. inquiring minds want to know

Now, if I wanted a maximum of 250 local zombies, and say a max global count of 2000, what values would I plug in? Unsure of the Increase = 5 bit and the ZombiesInit = 15

Also, anyway to configure zombies to automatically move towards the player they spawned for? Without seeing, hearing, or shooting or anything? Just the zombies will automatically move towards a player? Oh and increase the distance a player can be before they despawn?

Well, I've tried a few things for the spawning of them, not seeing an increase in number though, not sure if anyone here has done what I'm trying to do

Using the FSM editor .. I click on Looking for target and I see the zombie will zombiefindtarget
UeQ2Uma.png

And that function points to this file
NVbV14W.png

So there you go, using the FSM editor you can easily change the states of the zombies, and you have to edit the files that they are calling too .. When you have found the data you need to change, let us know and we can help you further.

looked at that file a little bit just now and you see the bottom it returns the closest _target to the FSM . And at the bottom it compares if the target is too far away against _range ..
and range is defined at the top of the file as
QuIRYeS.png

See how this works? People always say they cant figure it out, but its like a trail of breadcrumbs ... just keep following until you find what you need. Now keep looking until you find the rest of your needs.

If you look at what schwede posted
I1pY0IL.png

He edited the maxzeds as 500 .. but YOUR zombies that you want to chase YOU are maxlocalzombies .. change that to 50 or 100 or 500 .. I think ..

If you look at what schwede posted
I1pY0IL.png

He edited the maxzeds as 500 .. but YOUR zombies that you want to chase YOU are maxlocalzombies .. change that to 50 or 100 or 500 .. I think ..
I did, I tried to set it up to 1000 to see if it would work, but still only found around 30 zombies. Gonna see if I can find anything else

do a search "find in files" for maxlocalzombie and see if its set or checked in another file. and check in zombie_generate.sqf as that is where it determines whether to actually spawn a zombie (I think) ..

I dont know about other people here, but I dont actually KNOW what to do or where to find the answer, I almost always have to search for the answer. From experience I have a good idea of where to look but I still have to look. And that is what you need to learn, how to use the search tools.
The fsm editor doesnt do much for many poeple although in this case, it will help you do what you want because that is EXACTLY what you want to do; change the FSM (Finite State Machine) where a zombie is in one state or another until it is affected by some outside force such as a player within the _range of another sqf file ..

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BI_Tools_2.5

mmake sure you search in an unpacked dayz_code and in your dayz_server. most zombie stuff is,in dayz_code and then to edit you would of,course import into your mission.

few people know how to use find,in files. i try to say how,i used it every post to get everyone to realize that its easy and,makes your arma dev so much easier because it shows all the files. just click and you are taken rifgt to the line of code.

should,put,something in my signature about it

My only issue now is getting them to lock on and chase you as soon as they spawn, without the need for them to see or hear you. Can't for the life of me find how to do that..

Last edited:
well, how about editing the fsm file to call a custom file you write instead. all the fsm,wants is a target, so write a file,that gives the zombie the closest target regardless of anything else ..

follow the fsm flowchart and see what functions are called and what they returnbto the fsm. and replaace that function,with one,that does,what you want...

trial and error and error .. eventually it will work

and uif you have something just post it and ask, we can quickly help point out problems in your code

Back