[HELP] Merging Plot 4 life and Single currency

i have plot4life and zupa single currency installed and working. wasnt too hard.

have you those 2 scripts installed right now? if so post your rpt log so we can see what is wrong

thats what he means ... merging them into his mission ... aka installing.

so on that note i will explain exactly how to install these scripts
  1. open those links in a web browser. any browser will do but i find chrome best.
  2. download the files onto yoir computer. thay can go anywhere but i find the 'downloads' folder works best
  3. unzip those files. you can use any program but i find 7zip the best.
  4. unpack your dayz_server and mission pbo's. any pbo program will do but i find pbo manager 1.4 the best
  5. go back to the website for one script and follow the installation steps. you can start anywhere but i find step 1 to be the best
  6. go back to the website and follow the installation steps for the other script. again, i would start at step 1. if the first script ended at step 6, DO NOT start the second script at step 7, you have to go back to step 1.
  7. using your pbo program of choice, pack the files up again
  8. start your server and when it doesnt work, post your RPT log here so someone can help you ... i dont have a crystal ball.
i,think that about covers it, i think i am,going to make that into a toungue in cheek howto video and post it for every question.:D

just wasting time at work, cold and bored. really, just post your RPT
im-not-saying-im-a-dick-but-im-a-dick.jpg

OK I have this error in RPT and Client RPT .. seems to work fine - even with the error.. have one file that appears to be in common, that is calling the error ... player_packVault

0:31:04 Error in expression <
if( isNil "ZSC_Overwrite_PackVault" || ZSC_Overwrite_PackVault)then{
player_pac>
0:31:04 Error position: <ZSC_Overwrite_PackVault)then{
player_pac>
0:31:04 Error Undefined variable in expression: zsc_overwrite_packvault
0:31:04 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Napf\ZSC\gold\ZSCinit.sqf, line 23

both zupa coins and plot for life 2.4 use this file in there directories player_packvault AlexLawson above says files don't conflict .. Alex helped me with this .. previously to get working ... but the error ? Just ignore .. or do the two need merged ?

and if merged .. they have one conflicting line of code

Zuppa
if((_ownerID != dayz_combination) && (_ownerID != dayz_playerUID)) exitWith { DZE_ActionInProgress = false; s_player_packvault = -1; cutText [format[(localize "str_epoch_player_119"),_text], "PLAIN DOWN"];};

Plot for Life

if((_combination != dayz_combination) && (_ownerID != _playerUID)) exitWith { DZE_ActionInProgress = false; s_player_packvault = -1; cutText [format[(localize "str_epoch_player_119"),_text], "PLAIN DOWN"];};

those conflicting lines dont matter i think. The if block shojld control,execution,correctly.

Regardless, the error you are,having,is,for,a,global,variable so it should be defined in every file.
zsc_overwrite_packvault has never,been,assigned a,default value which is what your variiables.sqf file is for. EVERY variable that is used in the game should be declared as a type and defined with a default value.

the only variable additions for zupa , is already in there and same with p4l .. other than that , I have no clue :)

What I was saying is that you have apparently combined the two scripts correctly (since it works) but the value that the error is about has not been given a default value and therefore when that if block comes up, it prints out the error
"Undefined variable". The version of single currency that I use and recommend ( https://github.com/iaretechnician/SingleCurrencyStorage )does not contain that variable so I can't point you exactly in the correct solution, but generically you just need to assign zsc_overwrite_packvault a default value. Usually thats done in variables.sqf by putting
zsc_overwrite_packvault = -1; or zsc_overwrite_packvault = 0; or zsc_overwrite_packvault = null;
depending on what that variable is supposed to contain so that your if block works correctly.

Which BTW, the if block will work correctly if the variable has not been defined because that part of the logic gate will be false until it actually has been defined correctly by the script that needs to have it defined.

Last edited:
ACTUALLY ... LOL ... looking at the error ..
if( isNil "ZSC_Overwrite_PackVault" || ZSC_Overwrite_PackVault)then{
Your if block tests if it is Nil or if it is true and then it runs that code. So the next line of code is most likely to actually DEFINE that variable. So it appears that error is SUPPOSED to be there since the variable is actually tested as undefined.
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/isNil

Back