Help Needed: Changing default starting skins

HospitalChair

I'm looking to replace the starting skins from the default models to something else assuming it's in the list of allowed models. I'm just looking for where i can make this adjustment and if necessary where i need to go to see where it calls on a specific model at a specific humanity. I'm not sure if this is clear enough, please let me know if you need some more info. I'm running vanilla 1.8.6.1 on a dedicated machine.

I'm looking to replace the starting skins from the default models to something else assuming it's in the list of allowed models. I'm just looking for where i can make this adjustment and if necessary where i need to go to see where it calls on a specific model at a specific humanity. I'm not sure if this is clear enough, please let me know if you need some more info. I'm running vanilla 1.8.6.1 on a dedicated machine.
It's handled client and server side, server side starts the process and sends info to a .fsm file which double checks and makes sure that it is 100% set to the default loadout and then applies it. Probably the easiest method to go about this would be a script that starts on login and applies a skin. It wouldnt be hard, since its been done 100s of times by different folks but sometimes there are issues with people getting stuck loading in. Pretty much anything is achievable with enough time and skill.

tl;dr it can be done

Thanks for the quick response, Matt. I knew it could be done I'm just a little hesitant to go rooting around in something im not 100% sure of. My scripting knowledge is admittedly still pretty limited. I assume part of the mystery is housed in the player_login.sqf in this block...but I'm a little in the dark as to where and what format i list my skins. I basically want to force survivors and bandits into a particular skin which I assume should be in a pretty easy to find spot.

/* PROCESS */
_hiveVer = 0;

if (!_isNew) then {
//RETURNING CHARACTER
_inventory = _primary select 4;
_backpack = _primary select 5;
_survival = _primary select 6;
_model = _primary select 7;
_hiveVer = _primary select 8;

if (!(_model in AllPlayers)) then {
_model = "Survivor2_DZ";
};

} else {
_model = _primary select 3;
_hiveVer = _primary select 4;
if (isNil "_model") then {
_model = "Survivor2_DZ";
} else {
if (_model == "") then {
_model = "Survivor2_DZ";
};
};

Yeah, that's part of it. I'm not too sure about the .fsm file for vanilla, but overwatchs overwrites that _model (because its broadcasted to the client so skin etc can be assigned while loading in) so unless you edit the .fsm as well it might set it to the survivor skin no matter what you set. But changing _model might do the trick, it might only do half the job. Unsure. You'll have to play around with it.

Thanks for the quick response, Matt. I knew it could be done I'm just a little hesitant to go rooting around in something im not 100% sure of. My scripting knowledge is admittedly still pretty limited. I assume part of the mystery is housed in the player_login.sqf in this block...but I'm a little in the dark as to where and what format i list my skins. I basically want to force survivors and bandits into a particular skin which I assume should be in a pretty easy to find spot.

/* PROCESS */
_hiveVer = 0;

if (!_isNew) then {
//RETURNING CHARACTER
_inventory = _primary select 4;
_backpack = _primary select 5;
_survival = _primary select 6;
_model = _primary select 7;
_hiveVer = _primary select 8;

Code:
     _model = "Survivor2_DZ";
   };

} else {
_model = _primary select 3;
_hiveVer = _primary select 4;
if (isNil "_model") then {
_model = "Survivor2_DZ";
} else {
if (_model == "") then {
_model = "Survivor2_DZ";
};
};
You are actually on the right track. This would be the part where the server checks for the default skins and yours, if you tell it to.

See this:
Code:
     _model = "Survivor2_DZ";
   };

Tell it to look in your array that you establish with w/e other custom variables you compile:
Code:
if (!(_model in AllPlayers) && !(_model in myArray)) then {
     _model = "Survivor2_DZ";
   };
Then your array would be something like this:
Code:
myArray = ["className","className","className"];

Now you just need to have players put those clothes on and test it out. If you want to use the unbanned skins that are not actually loot then just figure out how you want players to achieve those skins. I decided on a humanity based system that runs every 5 seconds to check humanity.

Back