HFB Servers with Overwatch - Database - World ID's

CymruGlyn

Firstly a big thank you to Scrumbee and all the others who got this up and running a job well done indeed!

Well it seems that HFB Servers are not yet fully compatible with Overwatch. They provide all the files etc and there are no problems getting Overwatch to run but the admin map and hive tools are not yet working fully with it.

It seems that HFB server tools do not work with World 18 fully on their side. So I cannot use the teleport feature and survivor loadout or fast travel. I do however have the spawn vehicle and vehicle editor working (as looking into the database they use it as world instance 1).

It was working for a little two nights ago while my support ticket was open with them and it seems that by changing the default Survivor world instance to 1 (Chernarus) in the database players can log in and you have full HFB server / admin tools functionality.

It seems they changed something in my database to temporarily load all players in with World Instance 1 in order to be compatible with their tools. They have now changed it back however.

So do I go in and change by database to spawn all players in with World Instance 1 (Chernarus) or should I keep it to 18 (Overwatch). Are there any possibly problems that may arouse from this?

Any help, pointers tips or guidance is greatly appreciated!

Hello CymruGlyn,

I've dealt with this same thing, not with Overwatch, but with other mods. Since instance '1' is Chernarus, it is fully compatible with Overwatch. You can change it from 18 to 1, but your vehicle spawns aren't the same.

To fix this issue, connect to your database and press "F6". It will bring up a console. Once this shows, type in this code and press enter:
SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0;
UPDATE world_vehicle
SET world_id = '1'
WHERE world_id = '18';
This will change your vehicle spawns from ID 18(Overwatch) to ID 1(Chernarus) so the tools will work. Press the "Spawn Vehicles" button on the game control panel.

Source of knowledge: I rent a lot of servers from HFB.

Regards,
Pwnoz0r

Pwnoz0r thanks for the prompt response and I am glad I am not the only one to have such a problem.

Two very quick questions :)

1. Can this be done with players as well (in order that the default world instance is 18, or do I do this manually in the database then?).

2.When you say connect to your database do you mean via a third party program i.e filezilla? Apologies if a dumb question but am reasonably new to this!

Kindest,

Cymru

No worries I figured it out and did it via a query (as I was using the myphpadmin in the web browser provided for databse access). Did all that and also did it on the players as well (changed all from world 18 to 1).

Noticed on server restart though that the server started re-spawning everyone in again as fresh spawns and rewrote them to the database with world instance 18.

Is there any way to set the default to world 1 permanently?

like to say thanks im with hfb and wondered why i had no vehicles

Somehow HFB hasnt input the vehicle spawn points for Overwatch. I couldnt get any vehicles to show up on my server with Overwatch installed. I ended up having to install regular cherno again, spawn the vehicles, then reinstall Overwatch. Only regular cherno vehicles will spawn though. If you watch the screen that pops up when you hit the "spawn vehicles" button, the last command pertains to Overwatch and it says "Fetched vehicle spawns: 0 Vehicles spawned: 0"

Somehow HFB hasnt input the vehicle spawn points for Overwatch. I couldnt get any vehicles to show up on my server with Overwatch installed. I ended up having to install regular cherno again, spawn the vehicles, then reinstall Overwatch. Only regular cherno vehicles will spawn though. If you watch the screen that pops up when you hit the "spawn vehicles" button, the last command pertains to Overwatch and it says "Fetched vehicle spawns: 0 Vehicles spawned: 0"

on hfb you have to change the world vehicle id to 18 from 1 to use the spawn vehicle button i did that then just switched them back after.
well i have the merlin spawning the btr and jetskis so far

on hfb you have to change the world vehicle id to 18 from 1 to use the spawn vehicle button i did that then just switched them back after.
well i have the merlin spawning the btr and jetskis so far

so I have to change the instance ID to 1 in the phbpMyAdmin page, spawn vehicles, then change it back to 18?

think at this moment im getting everything but uh60m

I wiped all the cars off my server, restarted & verified the server was empty of cars.

Without changing the ID, I hit spawn vehicles and nothing spawned as expected.

I changed the instance ID to 1 in phbpMyAdmin, saved the change & verified it took and it did.
Hit the spawn vehicles button and about 30 vehicles spawned. All standard cherno vehicles, none from overwatch =\

I dunno what to do.

This happens for me as well. Despite changing the instance ID's from 18 to 1 for the vehicles I can still only get vanilla cherno vehicles spawning in.

Andygully / Anyone got it spawning all the overwatch vehicles?

before i hit the spawn vehicle button make all vehicle world ids to 18 otherwise they wont spawn many and maybe if u want alot of veh make all of them 100% spawn chance.
i am having alot of problems with vehicles atm some seem to dissappear after a restart
update world_vehicle set chance = 1

before i hit the spawn vehicle button make all vehicle world ids to 18 otherwise they wont spawn many and maybe if u want alot of veh make all of them 100% spawn chance.
i am having alot of problems with vehicles atm some seem to dissappear after a restart
update world_vehicle set chance = 1

Where are you changing your instance ID? Mine's defaulted to 18

This is where I change mine:
INSTANCE.jpg

This instance ALWAYS defaults back to 18 after a server restart I noticed. This is for players as well by the way not the vehicles.

run this
UPDATE world_vehicle
SET world_id = '18'
WHERE world_id = '1';

then run the spawn script then run

UPDATE world_vehicle
SET world_id = '1'
WHERE world_id = '18';

I opened a ticket with HFB telling them OW vehicles were not spawning. they did something that the OW vehicles now appear in my hive tools, and I got a msg from one of their employee's telling me they added something, and spawned 181 vehicles (i think I already had about 90 regular cherno vehicles spawned) so my server was STUFFED. I went and visited all the vehicles i could see on my hfb mapper page, and only CERTAIN vehicles had actually spawned, even tho they were marked on the map. weird part is, that they even show up on the heli's radar as being there too, but you cant see them.

Vehicles ive seen spawn now are:
MV22
UHY1
humvee m2
MG landrover
PKM pickup
SUV PMC (whats the diff??)
MTVR
gyro copters

non showing:
apache
c130
any attack heli (aside from the UHY1)
any jet
scud launchers
armored/gunned Humvee's (except the m2)
special land rovers
mountain bikes

and im sure there are others that im missing.

I have not yet checked the boats and I know SUV Armoured (PMC) spawns in. Also have not yet checked the UAZ lot but expect most of them spawn. Here is my list of what I have seen working so far:

mi17_DZ
MTVR_Refuel_DES_EP1
MTVR_DES_EP1
Old_Bike
HMMWV
Pickup_PK_TK_GUE_E
Mi17_CDF (Mi8 in game)
MH6J_EP1 (MHJ6)
LadaLM (Police lada)
Lada2_TK_CIV_EP1 (decorated lada)
Lada2 (red Lada)
Lada1_TK_CIV_EP1 (pale green lada)
Lada1 (White Lada)
vwgolf (red golf)
SkodaBlue
MH6J_DZ
HMMWV_M1151_M2_DE
HMMWV_Armoured
CSJ_GyroP
SUV_TK_CIV_EP1
An2_TK_EP1
AN2_DZ
An2_1_TK_EP1
UAZ_MG_INS (DSHKM UAZ)
Ural_INS (Green)
Ural_CDF (Camo)
Ural_UN_EP1 (White)
UralRefuel_TK_EP1 (thick line camo)
UralRefuel_INS (thin line camo)
UralCivil2 (open Blue)
UralCivil (Orange)
SkodaRed
SkodaGreen
SkodaBlue
Skoda (White)
LandRover_TK_CIV_E
VS3 (open back)
Volha_1_TK_CIV_EP1 (white / grey light blue)
Volhlimo_TK_CIV_EP (black Limo)

Back