Hived server

depends if you have full access to the server files.
I'd imagine you could make a call in both hiveini (or the other one not sure) to use the same database, but that would get messy with vehicles...

depends if you have full access to the server files.
I'd imagine you could make a call in both hiveini (or the other one not sure) to use the same database, but that would get messy with vehicles...
yeah ive thought about that. I need to somehow make the vehicles save to different DBs

Pretty simple. Just edit your HiveExt.ini files to use the same database.

Code:
[Database]
;Hostname or IP of the server to connect to
;If you leave this line commented or blank, HiveExt will connect to the OFFICIAL Hive, which requires registration
;See support.dayzmod.com for more information on what OFFICIAL Hive means, what are the rules, etc.
;If using OFFICIAL hive, the rest of the settings in this section have no effect
Host = localhost

;Currently, only MySQL is supported
Type = MySQL

;Port to connect to. The default is the default listening port of a server of the selected Type
;Instead of specifying Port, you can specify Socket and set Value to the socket name
Port = 3306

;Database name to connect to.
Database = dayz_epoch

;Username to connect with
Username =
;Password to authenticate with (default is blank)
Password =

If you want the vehicles and bases to be unique to each server then just edit this section:
Code:
[ObjectDB]
;Setting this to true separates the Object fetches from the Character fetches
;That means that the Object Table must be on this other database
;Use = false

;The settings here have the same meaning as in [Database], and are only used if the setting above is set to true
;Type = MySQL
;Host = localhost
;Port = 3306
;Database = dayz
;Username = root
;Password =
Thank you!

let's say, for sake of argument, i'd have an epoch and non-epoch server, and let both servers share the player database.
Would the server freak out when epoch players join the non-epoch server with epoch weapons?

let's say, for sake of argument, i'd have an epoch and non-epoch server, and let both servers share the player database.
Would the server freak out when epoch players join the non-epoch server with epoch weapons?
It would not freak out but it would not show any of the epoch items

The other thing to remember is the column "Instance" in the DB.

If your second mission file has another instance specified, no character data will load - It will just make new ones.
Make sure you set the instance in the init.sqf to the same as the original mission file your trying to merge.

The other thing to remember is the column "Instance" in the DB.

If your second mission file has another instance specified, no character data will load - It will just make new ones.
Make sure you set the instance in the init.sqf to the same as the original mission file your trying to merge.
True.

Back