[HotFix] Inventory column length object_data

Doc

Valued Member!
HOTFIX - Inventory column length `object_data` (01/01/13)
*This is not an official hotfix, but I still believe you should follow it*

This has been a topic of discussion before and I thought we reached a solution, however it appears not. My server suffered multiple crashes this morning as one of my highly geared veteran players has managed to fill his URAL up beyond the data limit of the Inventory column in "object_data". It was previously set at 2048 bytes VARCHAR.

I recommend people change their object_data column to "TEXT" type. This has a very high capacity and is more data-efficient than varchar anyway.

To do this, open your object_data table in Navicat and select "Design Table". Then alter the `Inventory` column to be type "TEXT". The length will adjust itself to 0 as it doesn't need a predefined maximum. It should look like this now:
4EyJ4.png

If you use my pSpawnVehicles, you do not need to change the Inventory column of object_classes for your default inventory as this value is set by you - you will know if you set it beyond the limit ;)

Doc

PS- Pwnoz0r, I suggest the repo be updated with the suggested changes - the arguement before was that Text cannot have a default value so the varchar method remained - but it should not be relevant if the vehicle spawn (pMain OR pSpawnVehicles) is *atleast* giving Inventory a value of '[]' in the insertion query so it is not NULL (which would cause a crash on server start). I racked up a 200MB HiveEXT.log in errors before I got to deal with the issue.

Edit: It appears the current repo is already using Text - but those of you using older relases like myself should probably update this if it's still Varchar

Back