How do you Increase the number of AI in dynamic AI settings

rhammer2003

Hello All,
I am trying out DZAI for the first time.
I have followed the instructions and got dzai working on my test server right now. what I want to know is how do I increase the number of ai for dynamic AI? I dont want to use the static ai at this point untill I get things setup the way I want them.

Thanks in Advance

The dynamic AI system is designed to be self-adjusting and hands-off in many ways, that is why there are few configuration options for it. The dynamic AI system spawns targets hunter AI that specifically seeks out targeted players, so increasing the AI number per spawn by even a single unit would have a significant impact. The AI group sizes are set to that a single player can survive if they're reasonably aware of their surroundings.

In the next update I plan on increasing the maximum number of dynamic AI spawns per 10 minute cycle from 5 to 10 (so more players encounter dynamic AI overall). If you would like to make this change yourself, locate dynamicSpawn_manager.sqf in the DZAI\scripts folder. Edit the line that says:

Code:
_spawnMax = 5;            //Maximum number of players to select each cycle. If number of online players is less than _spawnMax, all online players will be selected.

to

Code:
_spawnMax = 10;            //Maximum number of players to select each cycle. If number of online players is less than _spawnMax, all online players will be selected.

You can replace 10 with whatever you want, but I would recommend that to be the maximum. All the settings in that file aren't intended to be user-modified, so if you do any edits other than the one I suggested, you are on your own.

Back