[How-To] Add new Buildings and Objects via database

Hey guys just a quick note DAYZSUPERHIVE has taken over the object library i apologise in advance if you have been unable to access this over the last 3 days as we are totally rebuilding it from scratch at the moment all the arma 2 stuff is online minus units and markers and i am upto vehicles on the oa side i will have it all online tomorrow including the updated class names that have changed since it was last updated once i have completed that i will be adding a DayZ specific section with a list of all buildings, vehicles spawnable in DayZ i will be categorising the old library over the next weeks to make it much easier to browse if anyone would like their DayZ map specific items adding in please let me know via the Contact form on the object library page i hope to have the whole project updated completely within 2 weeks the library will always be free and open to the DayZ community including our new DayZ catalogue

The updated library is my thank you gift to the members of opendayz.net the devs and the various other people who have kept the private hives running Enjoy

Nibbler Aka CheekyMonkey

How would I go about placing objects in the air/above water? They seem to port to the ground when I bring them into the game itself.

I understand that and have set this to compensate but when it ends up in game it is at the bottom of the ocean. Could this be because I am utilizing the dayzz import buildings script?

umm what dayz import buildings script lol? the way i do it is add the Building to Object_classes than add it to object_spawns the same as a vehicle and whollah insta building using the Object library im updating and navi cat its really very easy

It's a script that pulls and converts the location from a mission sqf. The thing is, I am trying to spawn over the waves of an ocean and while it all looks correct, when it loads into the server it spawns at the bottom of the ocean. All other buildings elsewhere work great.

What a horrible way to spawn stuff
Using the script is a great way to spawn stuff. For example i have a chernarus map with over 2000 objects on it, i would not want to add those one by one into the database. Either way works, its just easier for maps with many objects to use the script type.

you dont add them in a table you use the 3d editor to make your changes and then you take the generated sqf file and erase everything in it other then the buildings with a txt editor. After that you copy it and past it in your mission folder or pbo.Then in your init file you do if_server then execVM"edits.sqf" and all your edits no matter how many will spawn in game.

This is the video i used to teach myself about the 3d editor

answer exactly as above but maybe that the difficult way also u can use any database tool as long as u can access Object_Data R.J if u need help with this let me know i will give u a full tutorial i will even show u on one of myservers

Dsh-Nibbler i do need help i am new edit stuff for dayz if you have ts3 let me know and ip for it or i can give my ts and i will open my ts3 for opendayz member here is ip for it 75.187.251.226:9987 we can all help ever body this way too ty.

hey buddy feel free to nip on to out ts anytime u can find ip on mysite www.dayzsuperhive.co.uk ive spent most of today doing tutorial vids for people using the pw0nzor and stapo builds more than happy to give u a crash course im GMT time so if u need help and ur not uk based give me a time

I think with anything like a bridge or pier, you have to set the elevation so it's actually where you want it to be. Otherwise, it'll default to the ground level (i.e...ocean floor/ground). I think that's how they did the bunker in Namalsk...they set it to a negative elevation. to make it appear underground.

Back