How to fix CBA lag on your servers

Bobby Singer

In the server command line put ;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA_CO

This is a temp fix approved by Stapo and everyone running a server should do this.
Make sure you have those mods downloaded as well to your servers and just allow those keys.

So the Server should load the old Version of the CBA Mods and also the new one where is all in one, right?

From client side, do you have to change anything? Because my users can't see performance improvements after doing that for the server.

If you add to the DayZCommander "@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;" (because @CBA_CO is loaded anyway) he just loads the new @CBA_CO. If you write a batch file which loads all the mods the server doesn't allow you to join (all keys of the other Mods are in the key folder of the server).

Do you are able to explain it a bit more detailed?

Regards kikyou2

I'm using the following server-side modline:
Code:
mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@DayZ_i44;@I44;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA_CO;@reality_1.i44.chernarus

Obviously, replace @reality with your dayz server. Before including the expansion/beta folders CBA wsa throwing an error about requiring communityconfigurationproject_e, so ..

Running the standard @CBA_CO on the client end.

I'm still just doing closed testing, but with this config we've got no loot or action lag in our hour or so of testing. Of course, zombies just don't want to aggro unless you get in their face, so YMMV..

Guys, ill make it plain and simple:

NOTE: THIS IS FOR SERVER OWNERS ONLY

Download THIS and THIS, then extract them to your servers directory.

then when starting your server use this as the startup param:

Code:
-mod=expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@DayZ_i44;@I44;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA_CO;@SERVER

NOTE: CLIENTS DO NOT DO THIS, ONLY THE SERVER

\Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe -mod=@hive;@dayz_i44;@i44;@cba_co;@cba;@cba_oa;@cba_a2

Exactly what i have. It will cause spam on the server but for now it is better than lag

I have not been using @cba_co or the corresponding file since it seems redundant--only the other three CBA's. I haven't encountered any issues on my test server (at least nothing that I can trace to the CBA's).

Update:

If you use @CBA_CO, it causes the popup error when starting your server which says "Addon 'cba_xeh_oa' requires addon 'ca_communityconfigurationproject_e'"

Using @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA_CO also causes the same error.

The @CBA_CO doesn't work with this because it isn't a combined operation executable that runs the game. It is a OA executable which should only require @CBA;@CBA_OA

But if your prefer using the @CBA_CO, using only @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA removes the error and the server starts up fine.

Update:

If you use @CBA_CO, it causes the popup error when starting your server which says "Addon 'cba_xeh_oa' requires addon 'ca_communityconfigurationproject_e'"

Using@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA_CO also causes the same error.

The @CBA_CO doesn't work with this because it isn't a combined operation executable that runs the game. It is a OA executable which should only require @CBA;@CBA_OA

But if your prefer using the @CBA_CO, using only @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA removes the error and the server starts up fine.

its because your launching using the incorrect -mod= params, yours must be the same as:

-mod=expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@DayZ_i44;@I44;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA_CO;@SERVER

You've always needed a Combined Operations folder to play - dump your Arma 2 addons folder into Arma 2 OA, there you go. Using Stapo's modline just requires you to have all the CBA variants downloaded, plus the Arma 2 OA beta. No special DLCs, other than what's always been required for a DayZ server.

Back